Bugged guns used to win events [Disproven]

Status
With a 7% speed buff the 600 will have 47 attacks and the camo with 11% will have 40
This will make that the 2 guns have a very small dps diference overall. (If not enhanced)
Now you need to make sure your Camo friend has at least level 70 in both BLP hit and damage, cause even if he is level 69 in both ( that never happens) he will guaranteed have less dps.

Both had those guns maxed, camo user is way past 70s on BLP side and same goes for the XTLC user on laser side, both had the guns maxed long ago. None of us uses nonmaxed weapons for hunting, but i lack the skills to use guns with similar dps yet, so i couldnt bring something like M83 CDF in there to have bigger sample.

Please relax.

Have you not noticed how relaxed I am in this thread?

I am like Fonzie on Quaaludes right now.

You can tell when I am serious because I remain calm....all the usual spazzing and showboating is just because usually I am bored reading a sales thread forum, and I love attention...but I am not doing that here.

This time...it actually IS important.

Have you not noticed how relaxed I am in this thread?

I am like Fonzie on Quaaludes right now.

You can tell when I am serious because I remain calm....all the usual spazzing and showboating is just because usually I am bored reading a sales thread forum, and I love attention...but I am not doing that here.

This time...it actually IS important.

I didn't say "Please relax TACO." :)

It's only an animation / sound bug, not an actual DPS bug. Do a proper test with Entropia Life client.

It's only an animation / sound bug, not an actual DPS bug. Do a proper test with Entropia Life client.

entropia life client dont work for that, it take uses / min from database and it say 44 i guess.

so if attack / min is to fast it will not show correct dmg/sec.

entropia life client dont work for that, it take uses / min from database and it say 44 i guess.

so if attack / min is to fast it will not show correct dmg/sec.

I was under the impression that Entropia Life client reads combat log and times the shots and calculates DPS from that. I can be wrong, so I won't argue on that.

In completely unrelated news, modified VIII amp and improved mako fal are bugged. Cant equip it along with eco enhancers. Been a year.... multiple support cases.

Wanted to throw that in this thread in case mindark, by some slim chance, reads this thread.

I was under the impression that Entropia Life client reads combat log and times the shots and calculates DPS from that. I can be wrong, so I won't argue on that.

It would seem unlikely - although I don't know - as the chatlog will only display something like the following:

2015-12-01 20:41:48 [System] [] You inflicted 85.0 points of damage.
2015-12-01 20:41:49 [System] [] You inflicted 105.4 points of damage.
2015-12-01 20:41:51 [System] [] You inflicted 165.0 points of damage.

And that would not be accurate enough to calculate DPS. I'd think what Jimmy says is correct.

In completely unrelated news, modified VIII amp and improved mako fal are bugged. Cant equip it along with eco enhancers. Been a year.... multiple support cases.

Wanted to throw that in this thread in case mindark, by some slim chance, reads this thread.

You didn't just "hijack" this thread....you abducted it, raised it, taught it kung fu, and sent it off to kill the Malaysian Prime Minister. :eyecrazy:

Man, couldn't make this shit up :laugh::laugh:.

Hope some resolution is reached, if there is an issue.

Is all getting a bit crazy, think i need forum away time.

Thank you for the ideas on how to test it...I am willing to help or spend peds to get more tests done, but my brain cannot think of the perfect way...every time I think of a way, there is a problem with it...

So we can all have cake now?

But all seriousness I hope that it will be fixed!

Thank you for the ideas on how to test it...I am willing to help or spend peds to get more tests done, but my brain cannot think of the perfect way...every time I think of a way, there is a problem with it...

Think no more.
I saw a software created by Falagor that can mesure all buffs and attack speed.
He had it available on PCF

It would seem unlikely - although I don't know - as the chatlog will only display something like the following:

And that would not be accurate enough to calculate DPS. I'd think what Jimmy says is correct.

Yeah, you are most likely correct. It was just what I have assumed.

Wouldn't damage over time divided by seconds be the exact way to calulate an actual DPS?

So we can all have cake now?

But all seriousness I hope that it will be fixed!

​There is a little extra 'juice' on it for you ;)

I'm not sure about how they implemented dps there but if it would be simple log parsing then dps would decrease due to fapping/running to mob/etc.
It would need to be tested MM style, non-stop shooting one mob after other to get real dps.

It is possible to calculate dps based on log parsing.
You get start button and clicking it starts clock.
Or simply get time of first shoot as start time.
Actual time of each shoot can be dismissed and only dmg value added to total dmg inflicted.

I'm not sure about how they implemented dps there but if it would be simple log parsing then dps would decrease due to fapping/running to mob/etc.
It would need to be tested MM style, non-stop shooting one mob after other to get real dps.

ah, right.

It is possible to calculate dps based on log parsing.
You get start button and clicking it starts clock.
Or simply get time of first shoot as start time.
Actual time of each shoot can be dismissed and only dmg value added to total dmg inflicted.

Since the problem here is about the attack speed, DMG can be totally dismissed and it's all about the attacks per minute that you need to confirm.

Since the problem here is about the attack speed, DMG can be totally dismissed and it's all about the attacks per minute that you need to confirm.

This is also possible. To some extent with small error, but with long sample it would be irrelevantly small.
You just count shoots (including crits and miss/evades) over measured time. Can be time of first shot till time of last one.

Guess best thing to do here is to bring few more guns to this and test if the reload speed boost in general has major problem, affecting some guns way more than others.

Oh my god....
Ok i got private text message from my friend while i am away from game.

I own CDF 600, anyone with proper collateral or enough good respect here on pcf can use it for tests if need to

To sunsout: I dont know you and seems you have not been around too long either, but you probably should drink less or think more before you make posts on any public forums.

I feel bad for those who have been ashamed of the OP, it shouldnt be that way.

Please do tests and ask around before making accusations.

All that said - please contact me to borrow my cdf for testing purposes. "IF" tests by IvI is not enough. Please be ready to provide appropriate collateral and explain how you will test the weapon (visual checks wont cut it this time).

My respect to all those that tried hard to explain to others here of what is what and who is who.

Have a nice evening
Soko

Even if we find a good formula for testing the actual DPS of a weapon, won't the geographical location of the player, and the network hardware between themselves and MA's server effect the results?

Even if we find a good formula for testing the actual DPS of a weapon, won't the geographical location of the player, and the network hardware between themselves and MA's server effect the results?

effective dps, yes.

Oh my god....
Ok i got private text message from my friend while i am away from game.

I own CDF 600, anyone with proper collateral or enough good respect here on pcf can use it for tests if need to

To sunsout: I dont know you and seems you have not been around too long either, but you probably should drink less or think more before you make posts on any public forums.

I feel bad for those who have been ashamed of the OP, it shouldnt be that way.

Please do tests and ask around before making accusations.

All that said - please contact me to borrow my cdf for testing purposes. "IF" tests by IvI is not enough. Please be ready to provide appropriate collateral and explain how you will test the weapon (visual checks wont cut it this time).

My respect to all those that tried hard to explain to others here of what is what and who is who.

Have a nice evening
Soko
EDit: sticking to discussing the data. :D

Last edited:
effective dps, yes.

I agree! Latency might be a big problem here too.

I would love to help u guys finding the "perfect test" method.
So one sugfestion would be to ping and record MA server while doing dps tests.
This should be easily done, someone who is more literate in pc-internet stuff than me could easily provide us with more info in latency and MA servers. I think if someone could test their connection for few hours and see if their latency is stable and has 0 packet loss, that would be a good person to test the guns.

Also offtopic, but may be important, maybe, or not.
In an early pc gaming stage, good hardware was often an advantage. For example vCoD (if anyone remembers), if your oppenent had superb gfx and was able to run 555fps or higher then u wouldnt be able to hear his steps even if he is running full speed and not using stealth mode. Even worse, you may also skip a frame if ur hardware is not of the best thus your enemy could teleport over tha given map.
There were often hacks too, these were later preventet with punkbuster and alike utilities.
Above is just an example of esports complexity, even so entropia is not an esport but is highly competitve and has great deal of real finances involved.
But all that said dont always blame MA, it is not easy to find these problems and bugs if so. So thats where commjnity is needed. Dont fight each other ir developer but make our ingame world a better place!

Status
Back