bugged left arm lock animation

CassE

Guardian
Mamma Cass Elliot
hi

There is an animation bug, where when holding a weapon, the left arm locks on your back, gets twisted in front again and you shoot Zombie-like in the air. Rinse, repeat.
At the same time you keep doing damage to the mob though. But it is a bit delaying, that weird animation.

I have also seen that left arm lock behind you when sweating.

With a pistol you shoot straight up into the sky, with a rifle you pointlessly shoot sideways.

As I understand things THIS sentence was aimed at the animation problem I am describing:

•Fixed issue with other avatars, that has not yet been rendered, that appears to shot in a direction other than the real one.

But that doesn't even sound like the person writing it understands what it is about. I hardly understand what the person is trying to say there.

I tried to pinpoint WHEN this faulty animation occurs but as far as I can see it is entirely random. I start shooting into thin air in the middle of fighting (no key stroke or mouse move) or at the start, or when triggering auto-use, or ending that, keyboard, mouse clicks, or running or standing there, etcetera.
The faulty animation has its own mind made up somehow. Can't find out what triggers it.

And apart from it looking ridiculous it irritates the *grmbl&%$#@!!* out of me.

So here it is. For what it's worth.

Cass

what videocard do you have? This usually happens with intel graphicscards and others that don't meet the requirements

Nvidia Geforce GT 120

and I don't think it has anything to do with it, why did they try to "fix" it then

There is an animation bug, where when holding a weapon, the left arm locks on your back, gets twisted in front again and you shoot Zombie-like in the air. Rinse, repeat.

Yup.

Happens only with one-handed weapon I think, not 2-handed rifle (or blp submachinegun pistol).

Just one of several lovely bugs that won't get fixed for months I'm sure, as I've had it now for... ohhhh.... maybe 8 weeks?

Yup.

Happens only with one-handed weapon I think, not 2-handed rifle (or blp submachinegun pistol).

Just one of several lovely bugs that won't get fixed for months I'm sure, as I've had it now for... ohhhh.... maybe 8 weeks?

Ah I have seen it as long as that (I am in EU since April 7th) but the last update really seemed to have hit a nerve making it worse, if it's a tic.

I would imagine trying to "fix" it made it worse really.

Cass

Nvidia Geforce GT 120

Not 100% sure if it has something to do with it, but that is below the minimum system requirements for games such as crysis etc, so I'd say it is below the requirements for EU as well.

to clarify things, I shoot Laser Pistols (Isis HL6, Breer P5A) and Laser rifles (Isis LR32 atm) and as I said in my first post, the animation messes up on both weapons.

Your avatar seems to cling so hard to the weapon that you move your arm through your body so the arm rests on your back, you never let go of the weapon, and then you move the arm through your body forward again to shoot.

Arm back, arm in front, shoot. Arm back, arm in front, shoot. Arm back, arm in front, shoot.

Only thing to do is unequip and equip again, then it is gone for a few minutes.

Enormously irritating.

Cass

One of the bugs I get is that the avatar starts holding the gun up high and gets ridiculous recoil when shooting.

The bug goes away when you re-equip the weapon.

I'm experiencing this bug as well, with a Nvidia GeForce GTS 250. I've noticed in addition to my avatar's left arm disappearing at times, that sometimes equipping a weapon and firing it at a mob shows an animation of the gun shooting at the ground, yet does damage to the mob. It boggled my mind at first, but hey -- it's a Sci-Fi game.

One of the bugs I get is that the avatar starts holding the gun up high and gets ridiculous recoil when shooting.

The bug goes away when you re-equip the weapon.

Yep I get that too. Everytime they fire the recoil shoots them skywards and it's most annoying playing in first person. Swopping weapons fixes it but it keeps happening randomly.

Happens a lot of the time with me also.
GPU ATI 5970, so no slouch of a card.

Noticed it happens when my fps drop, near revive, or with heavy vegetation, so down to lag I suspect.

Yup.

it happens to melee weapons too.

it happens to melee weapons too.

i happened to have one recorded @25sec, watch what happens when i switched from CB5 to tt fist:

[YOUTUBE]rCmEX-Uz0vw[/YOUTUBE]

I'd like to add that when using a healing chip, sometimes my avatar shrinks in height and the normal animation isn't shown, followed by his hand getting twisted behind his back. Is anyone else experiencing this?

the update before THIS one (so before the newbie area got in place) seemed to fix at least 90% of my animation troubles.

Having found a bug in the Cayuze Iron Challenge line now, I am simply moving on ... . XD

Cass

Has anyone submitted a bug report about this issue? It's not been fixed as of VU 11.2.3.

Back