Bugs, not finished changes to the system, broken systems in EU

Raffaele Meiers

Stalker
Society
Trigger Happy
Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
Hello,
I thought it is important to start a thread with all known Bugs and broken systems or promises made and not fulfilled by EU so that one can inform himselfe what not to do or how to cirumvent such unwanted features like stuck in a tree, mountain etc. when you have to teleport to next Outpost and travel back to the point you where stuck.

So to start this thread here are some of the bugs I notice nearly every day while using this service.

There is the, since new viewng system and CODEX is implemented, meaning since a very long time, that the program does not react to the input you give, eitehr switch to another item like FAP or another weapon or when you open inventory it will not display what is in it. Then suddenly you see the text with the damage received, missed shots or damage dealt rush by in the dialog. This lag is now in game for a very long time and still not cured by MA.

Most probabely everyone has expirienced once that you can get stuck in a tree, plant, steep incline or any other object in EU. Most of the time the onlyway out is to press T and revive at the next Outpost. If the ground is flat enough you can circumvent this many times in placing a vehicule next to you and then enter the vehicule. So now you can exit it again and you are not anymore stuck in the tree.

Mindark introduced a new way how they want us to control the avatars and new viewpoints we have to use. What they forgot in doing this are all the nice features the old system had. What I missed the most was that you could place the viewing angel, I had this feature on the middle mouse button so it always at hand to select another viewing direction, at any place you wanted it and it stayed there no matter what you did f.x. moving your avatar using the mouse around the viewpoint was still the same. Now you either are in freefloat and you cant anymore steer your avatar using the mouse or you are in the not freefloat mode and your view is fixed behind your avatar or you have to go to first person view to again be abel to stear the avatar with the mouse. So you could stare down the barrel of your gun while moving around, turniog left or right using your mouse view at a mob or view the whole thing from 90 degree left or whaterver point you wanted it to be.
To make this long point a bit shorter one could say in the old system the Viewpoint was relative to the avatar, f.x. 90 degree left 20 degree top and 5 meters away, in the new freefloat system the viewpoint is relative to the world coordinate system so it is a fixed viewpoint no matter in what direction you turn your avatar so the 90 degree left can become 90 degree right, back or front depending in what direction you turn the avatar.

Together with that they removed Health bars for mobs and avatars because they produced lag, according to MA - I did not have constantly so much lag as since they changed their view system, removed the health bars you could drag out changed the select next target to this faulty new one key action with less features(no go back to previous target) that randomly switch between mobs and not select all mobs on radar.

Or the feature that the health bar when you take out a vehicule is always at the same place, no matter where you drag and drop it or if the Radar or any other item is already at that place.

Also inconvenient is the feature that the sell dialog from auction is allways over the auction window no matter where you had it placed the last time yu used it.

Mindark introduced this all can be don with one key to switch between targets but this feature is at best a random switcher between some of the tragets on your radar, it does not matter if you activate the "Locking ignores view" in the options or not. It is even that dumb, that a Target, I can shoot at with my weapon is constantly not selected by this feature even though it is in my view of sight and because the selecting of next target is not a fixed row a previous target button would be wonderfull, something the old system had and the new system does not have anymore.

So this are some of the things MA should in my view fix to start this thread but I and you know there are many many more and it would be nice to have a place where you can inform yourselves about bugs and maybe workarounds to not suffer too much from the inconvenience this bugs and strange features give us every day we use this service. I will add all the to me known bugs to this thread but you are welcome to do the same or post how to circumvent these bugs.

Maybe the so communicative communication manager could even provide how MA thinks we should use their new features to achieve the things in the way MA wants us to do them and explain to us why we have to do it in the Mindark way and not how we did it for many years.

Last edited:
In this post I will write about Bugs MA corrected to my knowledge.

On 2020-07-15 15:47:14 you wrote:
Hello
I noticed that the Rewards for the Ambulimax Codex Challenges are totally out of order to all other Challenges. For example Ambulimax(HP of young Ambulimax is 1010 HP) Level 5 gives 0,2695 Ped of Alertness, a Mob with much less HP the Armax for example gives also at Level 5 0,2695 Ped of Alertness or Furor(1030 HP) at Level 5 gives 1,2 Ped of Alertness. It seams the Calculation of the Ambulimax Rewards is somehow of.

Edit to Original Post, the Support Text above was second time I posted here the first time I posted it was on the 2020-04-27 20:33

Thank you for your Time and to clrify if i'm wrong or correct the Bug if i'm right.

Regards

Marcel Meier

Thank you for your Time and to clarify if i'm wrong or correct the Bug if i'm right.

Regards

This Bug was corrected but I did not get a answer to my support case and also did not find it in any VU notes that it was changed. Also I did not notice any compensation for the too low Skill payout we got from that flawed CODEX mission.

- Hego Damask guided me to the VU 17.2 MA announced the change and that you could claim the additional Skills from CODEX after that change.

Last edited:
Anyone having life steal problems, i have been using a isis zero eight CDF edition grom the daily token vendor with a mayhen b amp ALPHA (L), and was not getting the 2% life steal. :(

Anyone having life steal problems, i have been using a isis zero eight CDF edition grom the daily token vendor with a mayhen b amp ALPHA (L), and was not getting the 2% life steal. :(
This is a new feature MA introduced with the Iron Mission gone VU.

Already another thread where they mention it. To once again get the life steal you have to detache all attachments and then attache the Amp first I read in antother thread. But if you switch to another weapon or FAP you have do do it again.

Mindark just replied saying they are aware of this bug and will fix it as soon as possible keep an eye out for the next patch.

They say they will fix one bug and the introduce 7 new ones...thats 'ma for y'all

In this post I will write about Bugs MA corrected to my knowledge.

On 2020-07-15 15:47:14 you wrote:
Hello
I noticed that the Rewards for the Ambulimax Codex Challenges are totally out of order to all other Challenges. For example Ambulimax(HP of young Ambulimax is 1010 HP) Level 5 gives 0,2695 Ped of Alertness, a Mob with much less HP the Armax for example gives also at Level 5 0,2695 Ped of Alertness or Furor(1030 HP) at Level 5 gives 1,2 Ped of Alertness. It seams the Calculation of the Ambulimax Rewards is somehow of.

Thank you for your Time and to clarify if i'm wrong or correct the Bug if i'm right.

Regards

This Bug was corrected but I did not get a answer to my support case and also did not find it in any VU notes that it was changed. Also I did not notice any compensation for the too low Skill payout we got from that flawed CODEX mission.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../entropia-universe-17-2-release-notes.272383/

Adjusted rewards and thresholds for the Ambulimax Codex.

There were compensation, i remember i was able to claim the extra rewards for every rank again.

This is exactly what was 1 of the main reason to change to Codex, if you finished the iron, they cant compensate you automatically, but its possible to change the rewards of the Codex and everybody can claim the extra rewards again for every completed rank.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/.../entropia-universe-17-2-release-notes.272383/

Adjusted rewards and thresholds for the Ambulimax Codex.

There were compensation, i remember i was able to claim the extra rewards for every rank again.

This is exactly what was 1 of the main reason to change to Codex, if you finished the iron, they cant compensate you automatically, but its possible to change the rewards of the Codex and everybody can claim the extra rewards again for every completed rank.

OK, thank you but I cant remember the additional claims anymore. Maybe too much to do beside EU in real live.

Why not start with something simple? Fix that bug where the chat window gets smaller and smaller with every start.

It seems like they save the width without the scrollbar when closing EU and at start they use that value for the width with scrollbars.

• after putting an item on auction that sell-window appears behind the AH. Either keep it on top or close it.
  • it's not possible to move an item directly from storage to the sell-window. One has to put it in the inventory first.
  • when CryEngine came out MA said to redesign all GUIs. As the most obvious example the layout of the AH has not been changed since day 1 I was here (14 years ago). Again: the layout, the functionality was extended.
  • can't sort auctions by name
  • navigating in auctions always generates a new query on the server per page. This is most visible when sorting by markup and running through the items listed for 100%. Proof: Simply put an item of choice in auction with starting amount at 100% and then navigate through the pages. It may happen that you see it more than once or not at all. A simple solution would be to always sort by the internal ids of auction items as the very last sort criterion.
  • the help-message in private trade window wasn't changed when MA introduced the second confirmation screen (with the list of items in both trade panels)
  • there is no overall in-game item search mechanism (useful to generate item links, check auction history, check item attributes, ...)
  • the player registry allows to copy a user-link or write a mail, but not to send a private chat message
  • after pasting something into a mail the cursor may disappear or you always only see the bottom of the mail message and have to type blindly.
  • I think the scroll-wheel of the mouse doesn't work in a note window
  • when changing the size of the map window it may happen that you only see the ocean
  • allow changing the name of a waypoint when clicking on the waypoint-link. Currently it only works when the waypoint is on the map.
  • rendering of X-icons in inventory and storage
  • the typical lags still happen occasionally (shoot lag, loot lag, inventory lag, auction lag, motion lag (mobs keep moving and suddenly jump back))
  • low FPS in cave instances
  • I don't know if the RAM-issues really were fixed for everyone by now (it would be wrong for me to complain as I play with Linux and that's not officially supported)

Back