Help: Building the perfect square mining grid...

And it's changed again, ALT F4 pressed... I can see why this may look random, it can change very rapidly and makes no sense. I am sure the game knows what it is doing but as an individual player, I do not have the patience to sit and figure it out..

I think I am going to use the 110m factor. If I hit, I mine until I miss.

Last edited:
Rattexx has be around for A long time with hes theories and hen still thinks the deposit are in the ground like it was in the old days.

Worse than that.. he still thinks he can beat the house on tt returns

Yup... MA is not running a charity. Their goal is stable ~95% TT returns for heavy PED cyclers. Designing the loot system like a "code" you can "crack" would make their job more difficult.

If you can tell me MA's incentive (as a public company with shareholders to answer to) for this, then we can talk "maths"...

If you want to do some data analyst roleplay make a spreadsheet and record your resource mix at different depths in different revival zones. Figure out how to maximize your MU... Or just chase waves ;)

If you can tell me MA's incentive (as a public company with shareholders to answer to) for this, then we can talk "maths"...
I think the incentive would be to introduce entertainment value into the game. Yes, doing so would make MA's job more difficult. No, ease of implementation is not the only factor to consider when making game design decisions.

Smacking a random number generator around is fun for a bit, but it gets old, and there are plenty of other games trying to sell this. The ability to gain insights from analysis and experience to improve a player's knowledge base in actionable ways over the course of months and years is a much richer gameplay experience built to last a lifetime. There is also a much richer conceptual design space available to developers the further away they move from the "smack the RNG button" model, so that different games feel less like reskins of the same underlying logical game structure.

With that said, I make no claim about how the system actually works. It just isn't clear to me via your "developer psychology" analysis that we can draw conclusions.

It just isn't clear to me via your "developer psychology" analysis that we can draw conclusions.
What conclusions? I'm not here to draw conclusions, only to point out the absurdity of this thread.

OP's theory asserts that he can "figure out" where deposits are going to be and achieve outsized TT returns because of this.

This isn't about developer psychology. Just capitalism. If there was a way to break the system and achieve >100% TT return, the game would cease to exist. What incentive does MA have to allow this?

I think the incentive would be to introduce entertainment value into the game. Yes, doing so would make MA's job more difficult. No, ease of implementation is not the only factor to consider when making game design decisions.

Smacking a random number generator around is fun for a bit, but it gets old, and there are plenty of other games trying to sell this. The ability to gain insights from analysis and experience to improve a player's knowledge base in actionable ways over the course of months and years is a much richer gameplay experience built to last a lifetime. There is also a much richer conceptual design space available to developers the further away they move from the "smack the RNG button" model, so that different games feel less like reskins of the same underlying logical game structure.

With that said, I make no claim about how the system actually works. It just isn't clear to me via your "developer psychology" analysis that we can draw conclusions.
I don't know why people make claims without any evidence.. Claims dismissed (Hitchens's razor)

Yup... MA is not running a charity. Their goal is stable ~95% TT returns for heavy PED cyclers. Designing the loot system like a "code" you can "crack" would make their job more difficult.

If you want to do some data analyst roleplay make a spreadsheet and record your resource mix at different depths in different revival zones. Figure out how to maximize your MU... Or just chase waves ;)
Now hang on a bit, this cycle that I have found, could it be "the wave" ?

If there was a way to break the system and achieve >100% TT return, the game would cease to exist.
In principle, average returns also have headroom up to the real world risk-free rate of return, but in practice there are of course costs to keep the servers running. I didn't take the OP to be saying the system could be broken in this way, just that it is possible to do better in TT returns with the relevant information than without it.

In principle, average returns also have headroom up to the real world risk-free rate of return, but in practice there are of course costs to keep the servers running. I didn't take the OP to be saying the system could be broken in this way, just that it is possible to do better in TT returns with the relevant information than without it.
Are you sure?

Quoting OP: And honestly, I think I know enough about the game to quit when I am ahead. I also refuse to perform a full run using the same Excel sheet parameters unless the run is absolutely supreme, more than 3 misses in a row and I either change parameters or press ALT f4..

60ped runs and he stops if he misses more than 3 drops in a row. Refuses to do a full run to even get a sample of the worst scenario possible and record it to compare..

That is more than enough for us to assume thats what he is looking for...

When op starts getting his success rate with lvl 13 amps I will pay very close interest. Not saying he's right or wrong time will tell with more data.

Personally I think it's something else kicking in to encourage him to cycle more but he doesn't bite.

So I performed 2 base-line chaotic mining runs without using "the sheet"... Oh boy what a failure.... No globals, no mutipliers.. 150 ped before mu down. I also did not follow my own rule of logging off when getting 3 misses in a row... I must admit I did have fun trying every tin hat idea that I had, found a very nice vein in Penfado. I do have the coordinates so I can mine it again, if veins even exist.. (sorry spelling sucks) but Never again without the sheet....

Illumaniti confirmed, tin hats and hamsters for everyone...

Last edited:
So I performed 2 base-line chaotic mining runs without using "the sheet"... Oh boy what a failure.... No globals, no mutipliers.. 150 ped before mu down. I also did not follow my own rule of logging off when getting 3 misses in a row... I must admit I did have fun trying every tin hat idea that I had, found a very nice vein in Penfado. I do have the coordinates so I can mine it again, if veins even exist.. (sorry spelling sucks) but Never again without the sheet....

So you've cycled like what, 500 ped in this whole useless thread? Ubers cycle 2k ped in an hour and you don't see them having all these magical math ideas.

So you've cycled like what, 500 ped in this whole useless thread? Ubers cycle 2k ped in an hour and you don't see them having all these magical math ideas.
I dont know any ubers, I dont know how they mine. I am only speaking from personal experience..

What I can say for darn sure after mining the past 2 days, don't get addicted to it, if you do, kiss your peds bye, bye... take breaks...

What I can say for darn sure after mining the past 2 days, don't get addicted to it, if you do, kiss your peds bye, bye... take breaks...

Or, like with any activity in game: make sure you have the bankroll to sustain said activity.

This game, at its core, right now is about extracting enough MU to offload your losses onto someone else. You seem to have decided to try to achieve this by maximizing TT returns, somehow. This is not a bad idea per se, if it works, but you will run into scalability issues if your methodology revolves around not cycling at perceived "bad times"

I think most people at some point come to this realisation and decide to instead maximize MU output as it scales significantly better, until saturation.

There is a quote around here somewhere, a couple of years old. I think Evey said someone had told him something along the lines of "you don’t stop hunting a good MU mob just because loot is bad" This is paraphrased, as I don't remember the exact quote, but it is excellent advice. I think the same advice applies well for mining.

So... you had a very good run and then a very bad run?
That's usually how it works.

So... you had a very good run and then a very bad run?
That's usually how it works.
The strange thing is that the hitrate was normal.. The sizes were just terrible, and it did not matter where I moved to, just the game's "time of the month" ?

" Why spawn resources if it imbalance the system ?"

Because!

" Why spawn resources if it imbalance the system ?"

Because!
Yes it's all the crafters fault... Cycle your peds faster, we need resources in the ground so that we can sell it back to you.... I think that's now most players think it works right ?

Yes it's all the crafters fault... Cycle your peds faster, we need resources in the ground so that we can sell it back to you.... I think that's now most players think it works right ?
One crafter could pretty much soak up alot resources issue is they have no incentive to and depends how generous ma is with hofs. Looking for materials try cald in fort argus at 115% ATM plus you got a chance to get pyrite. Let me know if your hitrate/returns is still as good as it is in fort argus :ROFLMAO:

Im out, see you guys sometime, I need to cool off.

Im out, see you guys sometime, I need to cool off.
Aw shit, did your "system" not work and you lost PED because...Well aint no one making 110% tt return long term and you're realizing that you can't sustain yourself off of only getting crude oil and Lyst Stone?

The strange thing is that the hitrate was normal.. The sizes were just terrible, and it did not matter where I moved to, just the game's "time of the month" ?
I stopped focusing on hit rate a long time ago. Multipliers are more important. You can hit 5 decent multipliers in 100 drops, and then hit 0 in your next 100 drops. It's perfectly normal. But across 2k-5k drops, in my experience, it usually comes out to 90-99% TT return. Keep a log of your overall long term returns and eventually you'll see this too.

Im back ...

And gone again, I still can't read it 100% properly.. I know how to use the skill gain to find a claim... But now I have to figure out how to trigger a skill gain....

Last edited:
Welcome back

Oh..okay bye
That is not quite what I meant..
I lost the 50peds,suprise suprise..Testing stuff..

I think that I agree with the poster that suggested that the game uses some sort of random number generator, however I do think that the game gives clues as to the location of a possible hit through skill gains..

I dont know any ubers, I dont know how they mine. I am only speaking from personal experience..

I think my log is quite enough proof that mining is dynamic and normalises to 95% on tt after a decent cycle. im honestly not sure what is the point you are trying to make with this statement🤔

I think my log is quite enough proof that mining is dynamic and normalises to 95% on tt after a decent cycle. im honestly not sure what is the point you are trying to make with this statement🤔
I want to break the 95% ..... But that may require more effort than it's worth. Also when it does get "cracked / broken", MA will just "patch" it out making the entire exercise pointless.

Last edited:
Back