Built'in Renting System - A must for EU, why MA dont make it.

Kray

Old
Hello,

Thinking to a renting system from my start in EU I dont understand why that idea is not a great subject of talking everywhere.

If MA build a renting system in EU core the effects can be extreme, on the rarity and objects valor. But MA can take a new renting service tax and players can control they renting prices based on a big demand, I have no doubt. I am sure, renting transactions automated in a built'in renting service can be gigantics in number, and uber Item prices can be little moderated by the way.

The possibility to rent a rare object without collateral system (object is automaticaly returned to owner at the end of renting period) is the next improvement to be made and the effect on game playing can be unbelievable.

The involvement of a such tool must be greatly considerable, so why not start a general request to MA and start to discuss about that. I am sure, everybody allready think to that.

So:
What do you think about that in a general terms.
What are the possible effects of a built'in renting system.
Why MA dont make it.
How do you wich that system and how do you desire it so much.

I hope to see a good amount of thread on that subject in the future, I had a too bad English to participate effectivly in that, and sorry if a thread or many other exist, I found nothing on a built'in renting system.

Remember, Built'in Renting System is THE MUST for us and EU, maybe.

Marco stated at some point that MA won`t make such system, because they don`t want certain people holding a monopoly on items. Some might make a business out of buying the all the good items and renting them.

Marco stated at some point that MA won`t make such system, because they don`t want certain people holding a monopoly on items. Some might make a business out of buying the all the good items and renting them.

I cannot forget a so important thing only for that good reason, it must exist a good way to turn around that monopoly problem. People can only sold Items for now, so Item can go from player to player. If MA limit the possible number of rentable items for a player this can be a way for example. With a tax proportional to number of items rented maybe, so nobody can rent too many objects to other people. It can be tuned, it must exist a way, its too important.

Ive had a renting shop together with a friend and it worked perfectly. I think MA should bring this renting service to EUm its the only way for people to get their hands on the good stuff.

And about monopoly, its already like that, look who has the big items ;-)
Its a circle, good stuff drops from ubermobs that take uber items to kill and uber skills...

If you want to become an uber you need lots of dollars put in EU...

I dont mind people that paid for uber items can rent em out, they in the end hold the risk of owning it and therefor are eligible for the profit of renting it out.
MA works in mysterious ways, if they suddenly decide to bring in new items ingame that are better then the old ones then id rather rent an item then owning it.

Its a good business! and surely more turnover for ma if they introduce a tax, secondly look at the massive decays that will be repaired (we had the policy rented items had to come back fully repaired), there are so much people sitting on items they only use occasionly, so the more the items are used ingame the more turnover it will generate in repairs for ma

MA go for an official renting system, it will benefit both you and the players!!!!!!!!!

I never thought of that aspect but it makes sense. And seeing the way some of these guys manipulate the auction I've changed my mind about wanting a renting system for now.

So, MA is allready working on that. I know they are good to find a way to balancing the economy. They dont have find a turn around to monopoly of items in a renting system ? But the buit'in renting system idea still one of the biggest challenge and the first desire of all players (after an ATH maybe).

I cannot leave that so simply, give your Ideas to make the renting system working and expect one of that ideas is the one nobody else discover, even in MA brainstorming sessions :). I continue to thinking about that.

Ma is working on a co-ownership/contract system. So people who can`t afford to buy certain items might join hands with others and buy they together. Here`s is an excerpt from an interview.

Real money means real security concerns in the game, and Behrmann and the team say that security is a primary concern for the development team behind the game. Every transaction in the game is logged for reporting purposes. In addition, because many of the tasks in the game require cooperation between multiple players, Behrmann said that a contract system is inevitable for the game, allowing multiple players to agree upon what they can contribute to a financial undertaking, and what their slice of the pie will be once the investment blooms.

Yup,

CO-ownership MUST be implemented to further develop EU.
Im not so shure they can find ppl willing to invest $100k anymore. They have to let mid lev players to taste some juice...

Some way to effectively rise money for something usefull would be very welcome. I tihink there are a lot ppl ingame with access ~10k ped that just does them no good. After a while that 10k ped will eventually get withdrawn or they can provide a method to keep it ingame by for example joining in to buy a LA or a hangar etc...

I.

yes....agree..very good ideea is co-ownership....3-4 people....maybe more...and the market will go up fast.....and more players will come

Ma is working on a co-ownership/contract system. So people who can`t afford to buy certain items might join hands with others and buy they together. Here`s is an excerpt from an interview.

Yep its a very good project and maybe a right turn around about monopoly problem, even if it can be turned in a hidden renting system, depends on how its implemented. If you can sell only a part of item by exemple. But not so strong than a real potential renting system.

And yes, investor for 10k$ are more common than investor for 100k$, but the effect of a renting system is more like an earthquake if the players with 3k$ to 5k$ can access more items without being they owners.

Back