Suggestion: "Bumping"

Mrjoseph

Alpha
joseph Mrjoe perez
I think there should be a limit on how many times someone can bump their thread up to most recent. Ive seen threads with FOUR PAGES of just the thread creator reposting bump or something similar. Some of these threads are from a extremely long time ago and a couple I've seen aren't even relevant anymore. If your selling something and by the 5th bump nobody is at all interested you should probably get the hint. Im not saying this to be ass but I just think it takes away attention from important threads or questions that might not be seen.

Not to be an ass or something but I believe you need more time to understand how the game works, and forum aswell.
Some items take weeks or months to sell. :)

GL to u and welcome to the game.

Not to be an ass or something but I believe you need more time to understand how the game works, and forum aswell.
Some items take weeks or months to sell. :)

GL to u and welcome to the game.
I made a forum account in april 27 but ive been playing for around 2 years while although is nowhere near your start time, is long enough to understand how the game works. Ive been using forum for over a year and a half but as a guest.

One bump per day on a selling post can hardly be seen as annoying. If it offends you so much I believe there is an option of hiding all Selling threads. Not sure how to do it though. You can also ignore certain users that you find bump their posts too regularly.
There are probably more worthy grievances to focus your time on. :D

Also. High end items can take months to sell. A 5 bump limit would be way too short. If a limit is imposed, sellers will just create a new thread once its reached, and this will mean just as much offensive spam to you, and a lot more unnecessary threads for the rest of us.

Last edited:
I made a forum account in april 27 but ive been playing for around 2 years while although is nowhere near your start time, is long enough to understand how the game works. Ive been using forum for over a year and a half but as a guest.

Well, if you're already playing 2 years, you know that selling an item can easily take a year. Has nothing to do with getting a hint.
So, 5 bumps max would be ridiculous and only cause more forum pollution.
Because after the 5th bump you will just make a new same thread.

So, to limit that is pointless.

No bumps until 8 ball!!

Bumped 6th time? Believe it or not - straight to jail

One bump per day on a selling post can hardly be seen as annoying. If it offends you so much I believe there is an option of hiding all Selling threads. Not sure how to do it though. You can also ignore certain users that you find bump their posts too regularly.
There are probably more worthy grievances to focus your time on. :D

Also. High end items can take months to sell. A 5 bump limit would be way too short. If a limit is imposed, sellers will just create a new thread once its reached, and this will mean just as much offensive spam to you, and a lot more unnecessary threads for the rest of us.
I never said spam was "offensive" to me...

Some of us are also selling multiple different things in the same thread in the shops forum. Use my thread in my sig as an example for when I bump for my restock/price update every week or two (usually).

I think there should be a limit on how many times someone can bump their thread up to most recent. Ive seen threads with FOUR PAGES of just the thread creator reposting bump or something similar. Some of these threads are from a extremely long time ago and a couple I've seen aren't even relevant anymore. If your selling something and by the 5th bump nobody is at all interested you should probably get the hint. Im not saying this to be ass but I just think it takes away attention from important threads or questions that might not be seen.
Maybe u mixed the BUMP with the likes. They are different. One of them causes DRAMA :p

Back