Help: calculator

Infinity

Alpha
Mr Infinity Infinity
This is what i need and cant find...

module_calc.jpg

It was used by pe assistant back in the days and i want a calc that i can put over entropia screen and with some "subtotal" screen like the pe assis one. Anyone any idea?

I play in windowed mode. This then allows me to switch to the built in windows calculator (as well as look at forum from time to time).

yeh me2, but windows calc isnt very usefull when buying ores.. i want to make fast calculations of like 10 different ores someone sells me and then get a total amount, like you see in the picture..

Windowed mode solves the problem, as does buying a hand-held calculator, which you could probably get for the 50 PED you have offered.

Or just continue using PEAssistant. The calculator still works just fine in windowed mode.

Or just continue using PEAssistant. The calculator still works just fine in windowed mode.

I tried like you suggested in the pe ass thread, but it crashes my client loader. Will try your link jimmy:)

Excel is quick. Or Open Office Calc if you prefer free stuff. Or http://www.alcula.com/calculators/scientific-calculator/ looks nice and does multi-line calcs like you suggest.

Nice calc, but i prefer 1 where i can do multiple mats and when that is done to a last " total" math. English is not my main language so i hope i can make myself clear...And it would be nice to if i can use it over my entropia screen, so i can see trade window at the same time as the calculator

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/

Their example even shows using a calculator ontop of other programs.

But you can use any calculator or media player etc.... that you want to have visible above your screen while you still have the game selected and active.

narfi

ps. I haven't used it recently but I'm pretty sure this is what I used to use when I was trading more.

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/keep-window-always-on-top/5213/

Their example even shows using a calculator ontop of other programs.

But you can use any calculator or media player etc.... that you want to have visible above your screen while you still have the game selected and active.

narfi

ps. I haven't used it recently but I'm pretty sure this is what I used to use when I was trading more.

thanks narfi, this might be very usefull together with the browser calculater and an exel file with prices for ores:)
But in the mean time i am still hoping for a easy calc with subtotal function like the the pe-ass calc. No programmers around that can easy create a calc for entropia?

thanks narfi, this might be very usefull together with the browser calculater and an exel file with prices for ores:)
But in the mean time i am still hoping for a easy calc with subtotal function like the the pe-ass calc. No programmers around that can easy create a calc for entropia?

I'm still not sure exactly what it is you can do with the pe-ass one that you can't do with the one I linked (I can generate the same output you have shown on your screenshot on that), or with a spreadsheet, but I'd imagine it'd be pretty easy to code one up yeah. Although I expect there's already something out there that'd do the job you want done.

Or if you can't even get an excel sheet together for trading then trading is not for you:wise:

I would suggest you to try Speedcrunch. It's open source, free, multi line and multi platform (Linux, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X) - http://speedcrunch.org/

check out my trade calculator , it may be useful , it has some benefits over the os calc but may not be quite what you are after :p

linked in my sig ....

This is what i need and cant find...

module_calc.jpg

I would suggest you to try Speedcrunch. It's open source, free, multi line and multi platform (Linux, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X) - http://speedcrunch.org/

Some more info and screenshots with and without variables (ans - special variable, which always holds the last calculation result, but even not required to type it, since it using by default when you begin type math functions +-/* etc):
speedcrunch2.gif

speedcrunch1.gif

Portable distributive (just unpack zip archive without installing).
Always on top on/off.
Minimize to system tray on/off.
Save/load session to/from file.
Switchable radix character (dot/comma).
And:
History and results on a scrollable display
Up to 50 decimal precisions
Unlimited variable storage
Intelligent automatic completion
Fully usable from the keyboard
More than 50 built-in math functions
Optional virtual keypad to be used with a mouse
On-the-fly and selection calculation
Customizable appearance
Syntax highlighting and parentheses matching
And more - http://speedcrunch.org/en_US/features.html

I use it for a long time and still didn't seen anything better (actually it's already have all, what I need :) ).

You could also take a look at MS Windows PowerToy Calc from MS Windows PowerToys - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_PowerToys#Included_applications

P.S. And here a link to some alternatives (you could filter it by rank/tag/license/platform) - http://alternativeto.net/software/calculator/?platform=windows

Last edited:
Atm i am using speedcrunch with th ontop software. It works but i think the speedcrunch window is too big, its in the way overlapping too much ingame screens like tradescreen etc. The nice thing of the peass calc is that it is small without bullshit functions and very easy to use.

And wasnt it so that when you made all calculations with with pe calc you got the total of all outcome of the sums when you pressed enter on the numlock a second time.? Or how do you say that...
Anyway, would be awsome if a calulator could do that. All so i can make the trades as fast as possible so that the client doesnt have to wait too long:D

Last edited:
And wasnt it so that when you made all calculations with with pe calc you got the total of all outcome of the sums when you pressed enter on the numlock a second time.?

I still think a handheld calculator would solve all your problems. Most of them have a M+ button that adds the current value into a value stored in memory, which would essentially solve your sum problem.

I still think a handheld calculator would solve all your problems. Most of them have a M+ button that adds the current value into a value stored in memory, which would essentially solve your sum problem.

I agree! Or then use one like this:

This was my scientific calculator from school and the display of 8 lines helps a lot for long maths, rechargeable batteries and you only need to charge it once a year. :D

Atm i am using speedcrunch with th ontop software. It works but i think the speedcrunch window is too big, its in the way overlapping too much ingame screens like tradescreen etc. The nice thing of the peass calc is that it is small without bullshit functions and very easy to use.
And what stoping you from turning off Keypad with "bullshit functions" and resizing it? :) (and yes, you could turn off top menu as well)

speedcrunch3.gif

And wasnt it so that when you made all calculations with with pe calc you got the total of all outcome of the sums when you pressed enter on the numlock a second time.? Or how do you say that...
Anyway, would be awsome if a calulator could do that. All so i can make the trades as fast as possible so that the client doesnt have to wait too long:D
It can't autosum subtotals (it was on wishlist in 2009), but you could doubleclick any subtotal and press + doubleclick next subtotal and press + etc...

"Moffsoft FreeCalc" have M+ button, but I never used that calculator, so can't say how good or bad it is.
http://www.moffsoft.com/freecalc.htm

And what stoping you from turning off Keypad with "bullshit functions" and resizing it? :) (and yes, you could turn off top menu as well)

speedcrunch3.gif

It can't autosum subtotals (it was on wishlist in 2009), but you could doubleclick any subtotal and press + doubleclick next subtotal and press + etc...

Thanks , looks much better this way :) Will try as soon as i come home:wtg:

Ok, there is some nice examples of calculators in this thread. All much thanks for reading , replieing and helping with the search for a good calc. I really miss the pe software, lets hope someone smart creates new software for this VU.
I did some research myself about exel. Turns out that exel works very good for me atm. Can do many calculations at once and can add up all sums to 1 total outcome.

Anyway, thanks all :)

while excel is great, don't over look OpenOffice.org basically its like Microsoft office products (word, excel etc.) but is Public Domain Free, and I think is less bloated than excel.

you should use fast trade you take a screen shot and it adds up the % of all in the trade window

Back