Caly Shares against AUD Price & Payouts, Which Investment is Better?

Lmfao no comment on their crypto or other messed up stuff? Your clearly invested in Arkadia and it’s biasing you

I don't know anything about the crypto stuff that Sheryo was talking about so I can't comment on it. But as investors, I am not surprised that the individuals involved in Ark Studios might also own some Crypto, I also own some, there's nothing wrong with that per say. Just like how a real estate investor who also owns stocks, what's the problem?

Blaming my views on bias due to my investments is short-sighted; I have way more invested on Caly than I do elsewhere, and arguably, I have just as much invested on RT as I do Ark, so that arguement doesn't hold water.

It's more because I have watched this game evolve over the last 16 years and I have seen how MA does things and it's pretty clear to me that Ark will not be for the trash heap and eventually something will happen there again, just a matter of time.

Say what you will about MA but they do look after their investors (so far); look at compet buy-back, MS, PPs, they will not leave you hanging, eventually they will come back to you and "make things right". You might wait a decade, but eventually they will come through. It's why I bought almost all the Calypso Land Plots that were coming up for sale for a while (between 2018 and 2021), and why recently I bought 3 shops on Ark.

Of course if MA ever changes their policies and all of a sudden no longer cares about their investors, then I'll be screwed, but I doubt this will happen because:

1. Lawsuits are very costly
2. They want good publicity about Entropia, not bad publicity

And if they start screwing their investors over, they will get both bad publicity and lawsuits.

I don't know anything about the crypto stuff that Sheryo was talking about so I can't comment on it. But as investors, I am not surprised that the individuals involved in Ark Studios might also own some Crypto, I also own some, there's nothing wrong with that per say. Just like how a real estate investor who also owns stocks, what's the problem?

Blaming my views on bias due to my investments is short-sighted; I have way more invested on Caly than I do elsewhere, and arguably, I have just as much invested on RT as I do Ark, so that arguement doesn't hold water.

It's more because I have watched this game evolve over the last 16 years and I have seen how MA does things and it's pretty clear to me that Ark will not be for the trash heap and eventually something will happen there again, just a matter of time.

Say what you will about MA but they do look after their investors (so far); look at compet buy-back, MS, PPs, they will not leave you hanging, eventually they will come back to you and "make things right". You might wait a decade, but eventually they will come through. It's why I bought almost all the Calypso Land Plots that were coming up for sale for a while (between 2018 and 2021), and why recently I bought 3 shops on Ark.

Of course if MA ever changes their policies and all of a sudden no longer cares about their investors, then I'll be screwed, but I doubt this will happen because:

1. Lawsuits are very costly
2. They want good publicity about Entropia, not bad publicity

And if they start screwing their investors over, they will get both bad publicity and lawsuits.
Apart from devs occasionally saying things, what gives you the confidence that they will continue to develop these properties? Both Arkadia, Moon and Underground are all complete functional products, and have been fully bought and paid for. Sure they might not of had every single planned feature, but what game ever does? You won't have any legal recourse here either as their is no contractual obligation to get anymore than what you already invested in.

Apart from devs occasionally saying things, what gives you the confidence that they will continue to develop these properties? Both Arkadia, Moon and Underground are all complete functional products, and have been fully bought and paid for. Sure they might not of had every single planned feature, but what game ever does? You won't have any legal recourse here either as their is no contractual obligation to get anymore than what you already invested in.
It's not complete because Ark Moon was released with the promise that "The story continues on the new Arkadia Moon ..." Meaning, the storylines. This isn't the case yet.

I believe there is a purpose to the Hazmat suit, eventually.

I also believe that there will be shops and apartments on the new Ark Moon, the structures are already in place, I have visited them and visited the apartment towers, it's all ready to go.

if Monria can have 2 apartment towers, 8 shops in each, and a shopping center with large shops, why not on the Ark Moon also.

I believe that due to mounting pressure from the community, Ark Moon was released "incomplete" and that there is still a lot more content yet to be released on the Ark Moon.

if all this were to turn out to be true, then it's a cinch that when it happens, the AMD payout will greatly surpass that of AUD, and along with that, the deed price too.

Don't get me wrong, this is highly speculative, I am aware of that, and for that reason, I think it's safer and better to invest in Calypso shares.

I just wanted to point out that there is probably a good, though speculative, opportunity there still.

It's not complete because Ark Moon was released with the promise that "The story continues on the new Arkadia Moon ..." Meaning, the storylines. This isn't the case yet.

I believe there is a purpose to the Hazmat suit, eventually.

I also believe that there will be shops and apartments on the new Ark Moon, the structures are already in place, I have visited them and visited the apartment towers, it's all ready to go.

if Monria can have 2 apartment towers, 8 shops in each, and a shopping center with large shops, why not on the Ark Moon also.

I believe that due to mounting pressure from the community, Ark Moon was released "incomplete" and that there is still a lot more content yet to be released on the Ark Moon.

if all this were to turn out to be true, then it's a cinch that when it happens, the AMD payout will greatly surpass that of AUD, and along with that, the deed price too.

Don't get me wrong, this is highly speculative, I am aware of that, and for that reason, I think it's safer and better to invest in Calypso shares.

I just wanted to point out that there is probably a good, though speculative, opportunity there still.
I don’t mean to be negative, I genuinely hope you are proven right, and you have your position pay off. This will be a net good for the game regardless of my own personal financial position. Still it would have to be a huge update to sustain a consistent boost in revenue enough to influence deed prices long term. Can they pull such an update off?

Yes I agree Calypso shares are a good investment and in my post I wasn't saying that they were not or that AUD/AMD were better. I was only trying to address this "I'll believe it when I see it" comment because I think there's a lot more to it then just "Ark devs have abandoned ship and now Ark is doomed" conclusion that I see bouncing around the forum lately.

Right now I think MA is trying to make up for the many years of neglect of NI, Toulan and Cyrene. It's not a bad move if they would like to expand the Planet Partner program. Who's going to sign up for a planet if they just going to give you nothing and neglect you for a decade, so they are trying to change that perception. For many years some members of the community were complaining that MA was not giving PPs anything to attract players to their planets with, now they are. But as this happens, due to the limited numbers of players right now, they have to put a hold on others such as RT and Ark so as not to detract attention from those other 3, and you will notice also that MA has not released any new Armor upgrade missions on Calypso either and I think it's specifically for the purpose of not robbing these 3 PPs from their well deserved time in the sun right now.

RT and Ark got plenty of cool stuff right from the start so they enjoyed a lot of activity on their planets for many years; now it's the turn of Toulan, NI and Cyrene. You can blame the devs, Ark Studios and Neverdie Studios, but I think their hands are tied right now. Ultimately, it's MA who makes the final decision if/when you get new content. How much longer this will go on for is hard to predict, but it won't go on forever.

Do what you will but while everyone else is shunning Ark and dissing Ark Studios, I find this is the best time to buy assets there and I plan to continue doing so for as long as the opportunity exists.
The market is saturated now with too many planets and too few players (affluent players). Most of the new players come into this game as a free to play player. MA needs to have solid marketing strategy to attract affluent players into this game.

The market is saturated now with too many planets and too few players (affluent players). Most of the new players come into this game as a free to play player. MA needs to have solid marketing strategy to attract affluent players into this game.
So true, Entropia needs a lot more players so it can have vibrant and active communities and economies on all of these planets

Back