Calypso Land Deed Sales - Land Lot Deed

When will the 60k Calypso Land Deeds sell out?

• By December 2011

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • By January 2012

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • By February 2012

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • After February 2012

Votes: 68 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiteHawk

Provider
As of tonight total sales of Calypso Land Deed (CLD) is 9.4 PEC.

According to this posting, that is 9,400 CLDs.

It has been 20 days since the Auctions started. 9,400 CLDs divided by 20 days equals: 470 CLDS per Day. This amounts to 127 days to sell 60,000 CLDs from November 8, 2011 with the target date for sale completion being in March 2012.

Or will they get sold out in December when people see that they are returning 5+PED per CLD per Week...

I am really excited about this. I am guessing the next update will be implimenting the paying out of revenue to deed holders.

I am sure other current holders of deeds are holding their breath until the first payout.

After the first payout, let the games begin!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I predict 4 to 6 months. Not even 1/6th has sold yet. Plus you need to remember a lot of deeds were resold or are listed back by owners to sell again & that's quite a large amount imo...

I think there are people who have bought a nominal amount (1-10) and will purchase more depending on the payout.

They could sell pretty fast depending on what that 'dividend' amount is.....

I may buy more if the return is good....

I predict 4 to 6 months. Not even 1/6th has sold yet. Plus you need to remember a lot of deeds were resold or are listed back by owners to sell again & that's quite a large amount imo...

Out of 9600 sales, you really think there are that many dummies to throw that number off? If you pay more than 1000 PED for a CLD, that means your ROI goes down...like bond pricing. Why would anyone do that right now?

If the first payouts are a more normal return of say 5 years to get your total investment back it will take past February. If ma inflates the first few payouts which would be highly smart of them to do, too show a 3 year or less payback then they will sell easily by February.

If the first payouts are a more normal return of say 5 years to get your total investment back it will take past February. If ma inflates the first few payouts which would be highly smart of them to do, too show a 3 year or less payback then they will sell easily by February.

Good points - i've had similar thoughts.

An inflated initial payout will draw in those who are unsure about the investment and ensure sale of all 60k deeds in a shorter time frame. Typical marketing strategy of spending money to make money.
Subsequent payouts are likely to be based on realisable and sustainable values for the long term.
My prediction is the long term value will sit somewhere between 5-15% /p.a. assuming each dead holds a 1k PED value.

Good luck to all involved.

Cant they be brought through support? May be more sales than auction shows:scratch2:

Inflate how exactly? To pay out a higher % than they said they would at the start just to trick more people into buying them would be illegal you know :eek:

Good points - i've had similar thoughts.

An inflated initial payout will draw in those who are unsure about the investment and ensure sale of all 60k deeds in a shorter time frame. Typical marketing strategy of spending money to make money.
Subsequent payouts are likely to be based on realisable and sustainable values for the long term.
My prediction is the long term value will sit somewhere between 5-15% /p.a. assuming each dead holds a 1k PED value.

Good luck to all involved.

Doing that will result in short time profit, but will kill the planet long term. Remember, we get a revenue report to see whether we really got what we are due to receive...

Cant they be brought through support? May be more sales than auction shows:scratch2:

According to the press release: No.

Press Release said:
Sixty thousand land lot deeds offered at $100 USD each are available exclusively through the Entropia Universe global auction and can be acquired by anyone after creating a free avatar.

From the Q&A section: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Q. What quantities of Land Lot deeds are available?
A. Land Lot deeds are available in single units, as well as in stacks for 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100. For those interested in larger quantities of over 500 and need help or advise please contact info@mindark.com

I guess that means you can buy them directly from them if you buy in large quantities. If i had to guess i'd say it's highly unlikely that many were sold this way.

Best Regards
Thark

My choice isn't in the poll: never.

Like they never have sold or will sell all Calypso based appartments. Like they never sold all Calypso based mansions. Like they did not sell Castle Wolfenstein so far.

In order to let this work they have to have:
a. A vast playerbase.
b. Serious ROI on the deeds.

My guestimate is that they will not succeed in both. The past hasn't actually been full of proof that they are capable of fulfilling both criteria.

From the Q&A section: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

Q. What quantities of Land Lot deeds are available?
A. Land Lot deeds are available in single units, as well as in stacks for 5, 10, 20, 50 and 100. For those interested in larger quantities of over 500 and need help or advise please contact info@mindark.com

I guess that means you can buy them directly from them if you buy in large quantities. If i had to guess i'd say it's highly unlikely that many were sold this way.

Best Regards
Thark

Well that part of the Q&A could also just mean that they will provide help (like making sure the amount you want is actually available on auction) and advice for people that want to buy a large amount. It's a real assumption to take that to mean they will sell deeds outside the auction when they have said specifically they will sell them exclusively on the auction.

Other people have raised that same point. If you are correct in your guess and MA can't be trusted to do what they say in the press release then why should we believe any of it?

I am going to take them on their word of what they have actually said instead. I believe the in-game auction history is an accurate record of the total sales (needs to have the resales accounted for though).

Last edited:
Yeah, maybe they would make the broker put in the 476 deeds you want to buy.
I didn't really think about it cuz i just didn't think it matters. But yeah, you could be right, it does make sense! But i personaly wouldn't be too upset if they did sell em that way. I just don't really care, but if you do i bet MA is happy to answer this question through a ticket.

As to what i think when they are sold... january...
I'm optimistic that the return per deed will be good, and then i think people will buy some more. After christmas, in january, people might also have some more money to spend, then right now just before christmas. So my guess is january.

If they don't sell by end of the year, my guess is they will be end of first quarter since tax returns will likely go to this for a lot of folks.

It totally depends on the actual return.

I expect em to be for sale for another year and many years after that, until all of them end up in few hands more or less.

As people start making some ped back they would be able to give competitive offers, some of which will be lower than PlanetCalypso's 1000PED price. This will obviously generate more interest from others, as soon as returns start coming in some people might decide to reinvest these returns and get more Deeds. This will continue for a while.

I personally don't see any significance in the date when you wont see any deeds on the auction.

Inflate how exactly? To pay out a higher % than they said they would at the start just to trick more people into buying them would be illegal you know :eek:

1. It would be illegal if we were investing in shares, CLDs aren't shares and we're not investing. It's a thin line, but it's very clearly drawn.
  2. They don't need to return more than they said, 30% upper limit, would get the same positive response. The problem that people ignore 27% expected from other postings and calculated with nice rounded (up) numbers is not MA's long term problem. Sure it would be nice, but I expect 27% +/- 3% fluctuations.

For my purposes if the return drops below 10% for any length of time, I'd be looking to rehouse the money. Unless MA decide to sit down with us and really answer a load of questions and provide some EULA change to safeguard the treatment of deeds or action such as ascribing a tt value (minimally 75% of deed purchase, only from MA), the risk is frankly far to high to be worth a small return, even though likely still higher compared with rl banks.

A further thought on setting a deed value when purchased via the estate broker, this value lost whenever traded or auction listed; Would be a great way to reduce the number of people buying to sell and inter participant trade. This wouldn't overly reduce the value, as the increase in selling off MA's deeds would result in increased demand for player deeds even at a greater (current) risk due to loss of tt value.

Obviously MA need to make the money, with as small a liability as possible. However reducing the risk for initial purchasers would speed sales up to the point they'll likely sell all before the 2nd quarter of 2012. Who's going to tt the deeds for 250ped loss each? A vibrant market in deeds after original sales is highly important to both MA and CLD holder, this needs to be a successful venture that increases external interest, not the negative advertising of current player base being locked into a scheme, irrespective of responsibility.

My choice isn't in the poll: never.

Like they never have sold or will sell all Calypso based appartments. Like they never sold all Calypso based mansions. Like they did not sell Castle Wolfenstein so far.

In order to let this work they have to have:
a. A vast playerbase.
b. Serious ROI on the deeds.

My guestimate is that they will not succeed in both. The past hasn't actually been full of proof that they are capable of fulfilling both criteria.

Great points about the apartments and stuff; but these apartments and castles don't directly put PED in the owners account...requiring no effort.

Doing that will result in short time profit, but will kill the planet long term. Remember, we get a revenue report to see whether we really got what we are due to receive...

Did you mean kill the planet long term with respect to Deed holders devaluing the deeds? That is highly probable.

I'm skeptical about the expectations placed on % return though.

From my perspective the audited revenue reports are not a determination what % MA decide to distribute. At the moment it is a ranged value 'up to 30%'. A particularly profitible term doesnt ensure a high/higher % handout if MA have marked a substantial amount of revenue for future expenditure. They will determine the payout value based on their needs first. Like many listed companies, multi million dollar profits are often not realised as a dividend but as a reinvestment in the company itself in one form or another.

Back