Calypso pulling the wool over our eyes? Or playerbase error?

Menace

Elite
Society
SECRET
Rob Menace Klok
So are the Solfais hunters REALLY hunting Lord Telleton/TellOton??????

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=MobLevel&id=1198
telloton.jpg

Are we REALLY hunting Lord Telleton? Or is it just a warlock with a swapped up name in order to sucker EU players into killing the legendary beast? Charlie was there the other day spawning "Big Ban" mobs which were basically Big Bulks with a new name and the ability to hit for up to 1200 dmg. ALSO.... those "Big Bans" weren't capable of looting anything other than stackables and ESI's as per Charlie.... So what we hunting.... a juiced up Warlock? Or an actual Telle/oton mob with the ability to potentially drop special items?

This could just be a simple case of an EU player updating Entropedia and making a spelling error.

Menace

Last edited:
fmylife

I don't know either. I do know that I logged out, and then submitted a support case saying how my returns are so poor, asking why I should continue to be a customer....
meanwhile in game..... 69k ath dropped.

:laugh::laugh:

figures huh?

FML

Lord Telleton was killed in an earlier robot war.

I would assume this Telloton is either him returning with a new hardware body (altho name is misspelled) or Lord Telloton was the new persona created by the robots to take over (destroying the backup copy of the original Telleton as punishment for his failure).

Lord Telleton was killed in an earlier robot war.

I would assume this Telloton is either him returning with a new hardware body (altho name is misspelled) or Lord Telloton was the new persona created by the robots to take over (destroying the backup copy of the original Telleton as punishment for his failure).

Or maybe the Calypso team just have no regard for storyline and no imagination, meaning that their "events" are 99% about spawning massive mobs with shared loot. Screw storyline, screw creativity, screw the skills you've been working on since you started playing.

Well, Charybdis already dropped a ML35 ul (I forgot who got it...)so if the Telletons aren't dropping anything try Charybdis...plus he just gave me 44.5K robot filters in the ATH if anyone needs. (Not trying to sound like a homer supporting mindark..I am not, I would need 2 of the 69k ATH's all to myself to get close to a 90% ROI)

Or maybe the Calypso team just have no regard for storyline and no imagination, meaning that their "events" are 99% about spawning massive mobs with shared loot. Screw storyline, screw creativity, screw the skills you've been working on since you started playing.

Actually the storyline in this robot war has been quite good so far in my opinion. The people at the shared loot spawn has been requesting new and bigger mobs though, so they are simply giving those people what they want, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. It does follow (or is at least possible to fit into) the storyline after all.

Charlie was there the other day spawning "Big Ban" mobs which were basically Big Bulks with a new name and the ability to hit for up to 1200 dmg. ALSO.... those "Big Bans" weren't capable of looting anything other than stackables and ESI's as per Charlie

Fairly sure people asked for some bigger bots for a bigger challenge and a bit more fun and the loot table on those mobs was like that in an attempt to make it more fair for all the players so loot could be more fairly distributed (but the ESI's have been problematic from what I've seen).
If multiple Tellotons are spawning, then it's another case of Big Ban, more fair loot table and a nice challenge for everyone there and something different from what has been spawning there non-stop.

Damn you're depressing.

Now Now Menace, tone it down a bit! You are being way to positive for this forum +rep

Damn you're depressing.
Depressing maybe but also right, I thought the event was over a week ago when I saw Fort Ares abandoned while the spawn was as it been all the time

Come on Oleg, you have KS so youre officially an uber now. ;)

Bring back Iron in Argo and unleash those uber Argonauts for the next invasion I say!

Lets have some fun!

Oleg, I really wish you wouldn't hold back when stating your opinions here on the forum...

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel? :cool:

Actually the storyline in this robot war has been quite good so far in my opinion. The people at the shared loot spawn has been requesting new and bigger mobs though, so they are simply giving those people what they want, nothing wrong with that in my opinion. It does follow (or is at least possible to fit into) the storyline after all.

Yeah..there is ALWAYS a few people that cry about a there not being a big HOF or ATH 3-10 minutes after they get there...anyone who has fought in that crater as long and as hard as I did..and trust me I know who was there with me...knows who deserves something and who doesn't...we never cried, and the 70 hours I have spent in Solfais never paid off in an awesome item, but because I stuck it out, I broke even, and the fun that I had there has never been matched in my 3 years of being an Entropian. So my point of this is, a few asked for what they wanted, not all "the people" there as you say. A lot of us just shot at what they offered and they didn't do anything to please us cuz "we requested", we just got pleased anyway with what they gave us.

Last edited:
These big shared mobs shouldn't drop anything special anyway. With the amount of players shooting them it's harder to solo a trox young then kill a hydra etc.

I thought it was more to do with trying to limit the numbers of people going to Cyrene :scratch2:

The problem with shared loot is that any items that drop don't get shared, as people have said regarding the ESI's. They'll go to one player and then whats left gets shared out.

For example with a 1k hof if a 900ped ESI is in the loot (of which one has in the past week), one player will get the ESI and the rest get to share the 100ped.

One of the complaints that keep cropping up is the ubers getting all the nice items, well it's a function of the stack sharing system to distribute by damage done. You can't distribute low tt L items only UL and they don't like those atm.

Last edited:
I
The problem with shared loot is that any items that drop don't get shared, as people have said regarding the ESI's. They'll go to one player and then whats left gets shared out.

For example with a 1k hof if a 900ped ESI is in the loot (of which one has in the past week), one player will get the ESI and the rest get to share the 100ped.

One of the complaints that keep cropping up is the ubers getting all the nice items, well it's a function of the stack sharing system to distribute by damage done. You can't distribute low tt L items only UL and they don't like those atm.

I agree with you about stacks, but without my 888tt esi, I would have been down 6 more k at the event I spent over 70 hours at so far. Should every loot be perfectly divisible, or should it take some time to get back to 90% AND at the same time offer some people a very rare chance to get a decent esi? It's a good question.

Back