can I just press the button?

humanwoman

Old Alpha
Just in case I find spacecraft and need to get a beacon from it.. :rolleyes:

I don't have skills to fight robots.. can I just locate that button, select it and then right-click on it so I will run to it and press it.. if I'm still alive?
Can it work out that way?

yes you can

Yes, but from experiance, it is unlikely to actually work.

But there is no harm in trying.

My first bot ship took me about 20 mins to loot. I was not new, but I was too new to get to it.

I think I spend 60 peds to loot a 50 ped ship.

The feeling of "success" was worth it though.

Most definitely ! It's gonna be tough though , and unfortunately, it will probably turn out as Dorsai said. But the feeling of success is SO worth the effort.

All I can say is CHARGE !

Good Luck

Tarpon

Just run to the space ship and click the red button... u dont need to kill the robots.

Just run to the space ship and click the red button... u dont need to kill the robots.

True, but you also need to not get killed by them. :D

I think now, 3 years on after my first ship I might be able to "just run up and hit the button." (assuming there were no defenders apart form the bots, and I had no armour on.)

Bring a gun of some kind and shoot the buton, will hopefully works even for a noob if you have a rifle.

I think now, 3 years on after my first ship I might be able to "just run up and hit the button."

Once I found a spaceship when I was unarmed. I have low dodge, but my fap kept me alive. Fap, move, look for the button, repeat. Think I've ran at least five times around the spaceship, trying to find the button.

PS. A spaceship does not guarantee a beacon. Mostly it is 50 PEDs worth of robot residues.

:dodge::nurse::dodge:

Yes, you can. And you still have the chance to get a beacon.
From my experience speaking.

My best piece of advice is to have lots of friends ready to come help you when you do get one ! :silly:

But just in case you don't want to call on others and are worried about the bots - here's my suggestion. (it requires a scope & gun of any sort).

Follow the signal until you see the robots.
But stay far back enough to not agro them.

Zoom in on the spacecraft from far away.
Find the little red box that activates the ship. (in pic below)
(It will highlight like a person/mob/crafting machine/etc.)
Pull the lifeline of the 'box'
Get on your best bot armor.
Pull out your best fap.
RUN in and click on the lifeline of that 'box' every second until it stops telling you 'too far away' and you swirl.

The box is located around the middle region of the ship like here :

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Here's to many ships and you being able to loot them !! :beerchug:

I think now, 3 years on after my first ship I might be able to "just run up and hit the button." (assuming there were no defenders apart form the bots, and I had no armour on.)

usually its a drone gen 01, i doubt even a new player with 89 will get killed before u click the button. There are cases which u do die, which is usually, u run in like a retard with low hp or u dont know what to expect to do with the space and by the time u figured it out, ur already dead.
In anycase, if u know that u have to click the red button. u wont die. I can see the red button from quite a distance away.

I would say it takes somewhere between 7 and 10 seconds to get killed by those drones for a newbie with full hp. That should be enough time to press the button and get your loot;)

I had one a few years ago (when I was still trying to mine) and I just ran to the button and pressed it, no problem with the bots, yeah they did kill me after I pressed the button, but that was because all 5 of them were chasing me, but had no problem getting to the button. Anyway I hope you get one.

My best piece of advice is to have lots of friends ready to come help you when you do get one ! :silly:

But just in case you don't want to call on others and are worried about the bots - here's my suggestion. (it requires a scope & gun of any sort).

Pull out your best fap.
RUN in and click on the lifeline of that 'box' every second until it stops telling you 'too far away' and you swirl.

Isnt it just a combination of right click of the mouse and selecting "Operate" from the menu ?
:D

Isnt it just a combination of right click of the mouse and selecting "Operate" from the menu ?
:D

.. well you can right click it and select operate a buncha times while you run at it and the system tells you the target is too far away.
right click - operate - too far away.
rinse repeat.

Or .. just double left click it every .09348208 seconds as you run in until you swirl. :D

I had a ship with 3 drones and a Thoriofoid chasing me. Drones no problem but the Thorio almost took me out it one hit. I fapped up and ran around the ship until they were all trapped in the legs of the ship. Unfortunately they were all trapped by the red button. I got close enough to the back side then flipped my view to where I could see and grab the red button. I died soon after but it was the most exciting 50 ped of residue ever.

.. well you can right click it and select operate a buncha times while you run at it and the system tells you the target is too far away.
rinse repeat.

Or .. just double left click it every .09348208 seconds as you run in until you swirl. :D

Go into Options and DEselect "Move to Target" before doing this...

You'll be able to press the button from significantly further away :thumbup:

Go into Options and DEselect "Move to Target" before doing this...

You'll be able to press the button from significantly further away :thumbup:

I do not have that selected. :wise:

So .. are you saying you can loot mobs / robot spacecrafts / mine claims from farther away without that clicked?

I only don't have it clicked because I hate how it makes me walk to everything I click on.

One of my favorite techniques when caught without ammo is to zoom in with a weapon scope and just click from there. My avatar goes right for the button and clicks it. Seemed to work everytime I needed it to. You could even drag the button out if you really felt the need. Drone 01`s are not that big a threat even without armor.

I do not have that selected. :wise:

So .. are you saying you can loot mobs / robot spacecrafts / mine claims from farther away without that clicked?

True...

I usually have it ON but turn it off now and then...

It's highly useful to have it turned OFF when opening boxes on a Beacon Mission, means you can open 2 or even 3 at a time :)

My only spaceship so far only had 1 drone gen 1. Was really easy to get to the button being as it didn't agro even when I was right next to it.:D So hopefully if you get a ship it will not agro you. (that ship has a 23 ped beacon btw :yay: )

its easy, dunno why people are saying its hard to get it without engaging bots.

just stay out of bot range, run your cursor slowly over the ship, youll see the button pop up with its label, right click, use. Your av will run to it, youll get hit, at max...twice.

If there is a body of water nearby, drag the bots in and they will drown, or rust, whatever water does to bots.

Pull out your best fap.

best advice so far!

As long as you know which side of the ship the button is on, you can easily loot it before the bots have a chance at killing you. I like to kill the bots, sometimes they have globals! It'd be nice to HoF and then hit a 35 ped beacon :D

It's highly useful to have it turned OFF when opening boxes on a Beacon Mission, means you can open 2 or even 3 at a time :)

thats interesting...

Have they seriously changed what comprises the "forces" defending this robot ships? It's been a while, but when I got those things when I first started playing, I had no problem at all just running right up and pushing that button without dying (at least until after I had pushed it), and I was hanging out in goblin armor at best for the longest time.

Back