Can I Play This?

G12

Young
Hello,
I downloaded all the software and set up an account. The problem is that when I start to play the game, I go in super slow motion. Can I play this game? How fast of a connection do I need - I have DSL. Any tips?

Thanks

Did you start in Port Atlantis?

If yes, its just the lag that slows everything down. Look on your Radar on the lower right corner, you should see a lot of dots there. Go to the place where most of them are and run into the Teleporter.

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

After that run as far away from all the people as you can and the lag will disappear. :)

Indeed...took me a whole day to get out of PA due to lag, but once outside the walls the lag dissapeared and never looked back :silly2:

Look down at the ground, that helps speed it up a bit

Try to adjust your settings, No AA, 16 bit, Check everything under this settings (Low resolution, etc.).

also try hitting V to hide your chat window or minimse it two little arrows next to chat window

WHen you were born, you were facing away from the city against a yellow
wall in the distance (the same with a movie screen). Fiddle with controls,
learn to move, then run to the wall, along it, and behind it, and to the widlerness. There you can sweat in small groups, and you are lag-free.

You can occasionally approach the city, so that you get some people
on the radar, and yell into All Chat: "Wanna get to the next city!"

Use BioDome (move towards the blue planet, you see the BioDome sign
on your right) for meeting your friends, it is a lagfree zone.

And mentors, your first mission is to get the newcomers out of lag.
MA has done their best to prevent new players from starting this game
(odd initial movement settings, no tutorial area, maximum lag).

CrestIV said:
Did you start in Port Atlantis?

If yes, its just the lag that slows everything down. Look on your Radar on the lower right corner, you should see a lot of dots there. Go to the place where most of them are and run into the Teleporter.

After that run as far away from all the people as you can and the lag will disappear. :)

If you just started the teleporter is of no use to you. Run away from the town and try to reach other teleporters so you can teleport between them whenever you want. They need to be activated first.

rupie said:
If you just started the teleporter is of no use to you. Run away from the town and try to reach other teleporters so you can teleport between them whenever you want. They need to be activated first.

And thats the reason to get the Teleporter first. I dont know if MA changed it in the last VUs but when i started i only had the Treasure Island TP on my list. And its possible with some luck, even for a beginner to get to the next TP from PA without having the PA TP on the list.
Get the PA TP first and then leave the city.

Update

Thanks for the tips. I ran to the back walls and the lag disappeared. So I tried to move along one of the side walls and ended up facing the wall and strafe -moving. Worked well up to a point. I got past where the info booths are, and moved along where the flower planters are. Then, I just could not move. I could change the camera view, so the game was not locked. However, the movement keys (W,S etc) did nothing. I was not stuck up against any object.

Any ideas?

Thans

you could have hit the key icon next to the chat window this locks the keys to the chat window and sometimes bugs, you can also try clicking this twice, once so the cursor re-appears then again to release the hold.

This is a bug that happens to me a fair bit after taking PM´s so you can give that a go and let us no how you get on ;)

Final Resoluion

So,
I hit the t button and with some carefully planned running I was able to get away from Port Atlantis. Now the game is not a lagging mess and I am exploring and sweating.

Thanks to all for you useful advice

Back