Question: Can LA owners set the loot rate.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I have noticed that when hunting in a LA that it seems that just before you get to the LA you see a couple of mobs (like you want to hunt) outside the LA and kill them and they have little or no loot. Then when you get into the LA the loot is much better. This also happens to me when leaving the LA or step just outside of LA by accident.

Just wondering if others have had the experence.

The LA owner has nothing to do with loot, as much as we'd like to blame them. :)

Any mobs that spawn on the LA and wander off are taxed as if they were still on the LA.

hmm..

didn't know about that wander off deal... wonder if an LA owner could not let large spawns grow and then lead them off his land in to other LAs nearby and just do that all day as new spaws come in to creation... thereby getting taxes on other LAs as he keeps his mob trains going all day long?

Land owners can only control Mob Density and Maturity for the specific DNAs they have.

Mobs "generated" by a Land Areas DNA will always provide tax* (if they loot ofc) to the landowner regardless of where they are killed.

...Marco posted as such, looking for quote.

Last edited:
thereby getting taxes on other LAs as he keeps his mob trains going all day long?

no, because the tax goes to the LA where the mob was spawned...

at the title of this thread, I present to you my reaction: :lolup:

No, they cant set it, but there is a connection. Differences between loot LA's of same mob and maturity and tax are big.

No, they cant set it, but there is a connection. Differences between loot LA's of same mob and maturity and tax are big.

:scratch2: don't quite understand what you mean here

If 2 LAs have the exact same DNA/Maturity/Tax rate but 1 consistently has a higher loot return...it would support the notion of a server-based (at least partially) loot pool. If location is the only variable ofc.

Would be interesting to do tests to show this, maybe others already have? Would be very hard to narrow down to only the location being a variable as we've been told loot is partially avatar based and time could play a factor too.

If 2 LAs have the exact same DNA/Maturity/Tax rate but 1 consistently has a higher loot return...it would support the notion of a server-based (at least partially) loot pool. If location is the only variable ofc.

This is my point

I did a little baby test this morning. When next to an LA killed a few mobs and they all looted. Then went in to the LA. The loot was about double in the LA plus a 167 ped gbl. Went out of the LA and the loot was half again and no gbls.

Was not a big test at all but I see this a lot more often than not. Just my own personal experences.

Back