Question: Can we get a Dev note on attributes please?

BBpunisher

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
BB BB Punisher
I'm sure lots of people are making choices on mission rewards and some extra info on attribute benefits would be great.

Thanks.

Actually, any new dev note would be welcome... I have seen nothing since the no-personal-lootpool revelations

yeah, bring back 1 Attribute point rather than these fragmented 25, 50 attribute tokens!

I want the +1 attribute back.

Agility: Running speed, 1 hp/40, small contribution to many professions
Strength: Carry weight, 1 hp/20, small contribution to some melee professions
Intelligence: 1 hp/80, small contribution to many professions
Psyche: 1 hp/80, small contribution to the MF professions
Stamina: 1hp/9.5, only gained through mission reward tokens

There you go, dev note with everything there is to know...

Also, the requisite plug for a regen perk for stamina.

Agility: Running speed, 1 hp/40, small contribution to many professions
There you go, dev note with everything there is to know...

Contributes to running speed is very vague, i think it would be a good idea to get more exact numbers on how much faster you get. Also the stamina should be taken care of, it's a stupid system where you can only gain it through quests and unfair that older accounts got to start with 9 (since it can't be skilled and contributes so much to HP).

So i think comments from the dev:s would be a good idea.

Contributes to running speed is very vague, i think it would be a good idea to get more exact numbers on how much faster you get.

Well, in the old days when people wanted to know the details of the game mechanics, they would measure them and find out. It gave the game a bit of depth and substance.

These days, we're all so nerfed in pedestrian speed since the advent of vehicles that the running speed numbers range from very slow to not-quite-so-very-slow. :mad:

Also the stamina should be taken care of, it's a stupid system where you can only gain it through quests and unfair that older accounts got to start with 9 (since it can't be skilled and contributes so much to HP).

Of all the "injustices" meted out to later-arrivals, this one is so miniscule as to be comical. Sure, i'd love to have the skill nerf of 2006/7 reverted, too. I'd have my imk2 almost maxed and be over 200 hp.

So i think comments from the dev:s would be a good idea.

I guess i would rather see them spend their time implementing more uses for the attributes than explaining the tiny bit there is to explain that we don't know about them. Especially if this is just going to turn into the 1 vs 9 stamina typhoon in a teacup, it will be a very short conversation with the devs and a good percentage of the population will be upset regardless of what they say. The right way for the dev to bring up this topic would be to implement the regen perk for Stamina that i suggested, and in the process make one of the changes to Stamina of new or old avatars that i suggest in that thread to balance and compensate somewhat so that it's an all-around win. As the things are now, it's not worth making the molehill into a mountain.

Well, in the old days when people wanted to know the details of the game mechanics, they would measure them and find out. It gave the game a bit of depth and substance.

These days, we're all so nerfed in pedestrian speed since the advent of vehicles that the running speed numbers range from very slow to not-quite-so-very-slow. :mad:

Of all the "injustices" meted out to later-arrivals, this one is so miniscule as to be comical. Sure, i'd love to have the skill nerf of 2006/7 reverted, too. I'd have my imk2 almost maxed and be over 200 hp.

I guess i would rather see them spend their time implementing more uses for the attributes than explaining the tiny bit there is to explain that we don't know about them. Especially if this is just going to turn into the 1 vs 9 stamina typhoon in a teacup, it will be a very short conversation with the devs and a good percentage of the population will be upset regardless of what they say. The right way for the dev to bring up this topic would be to implement the regen perk for Stamina that i suggested, and in the process make one of the changes to Stamina of new or old avatars that i suggest in that thread to balance and compensate somewhat so that it's an all-around win. As the things are now, it's not worth making the molehill into a mountain.

I love you more than life itself.

I guess i would rather see them spend their time implementing more uses for the attributes than explaining the tiny bit there is to explain that we don't know about them.

I agree (nice post by the way).

If they promoted attributes in the right way, it might also get more people interested in missions (for those that aren't).

The danger is that if they provide a development note that does not reflect attributes in a good light, it could create a negative personal attachment to peoples avatars. i.e. dont kill the magic.

Rick

Back