Can we help?

Is there ANYTHING that the community can do to help out with VU's? And I'm not talking "Please be patient" because that's always the scenario... I mean REALLY help! Does MA need a financial boost? Maybe we can all throw an extra $10 into the game x1000's of players that would really cover some overtime? Maybe a few of the experienced players can help with some coding? Or "proof read" (lack of better term) MA's coding before a VU (obviously not loot system stuff) and offer suggestions?

C'mon guys/gals... there's got to be something... some way..... we can work together so EVERY MAJOR VU doesn't end up a train wreck. Obviously MindArk has some problems somewhere because it's always the same scenario. How about being straight up with the community. Maybe we can help?

Menace

It is best o do depo :)) they test the games with your ped o my o many others, they are lying to everyone they will also not fix their games new way o take our ped an o honest gaming

To Neil ... I didn't say to hide anything, but experiences get "hashed over and over" because the same issues come up and everyone having the experience is sharing that they too are having the issue that needs to be fixed.

You also don't have to school me about human nature, my background credentials certify me to know plenty about it, even to the point of teaching it at the college, which is why I know that people will gravitate toward the negative, because it affects them in a more frustrating way.

However, we're talking about a game with a real money economy, which will flair up frustration faster than anything else, so it's quite common that discussion stems around the frustrations of an unstable environment, but this has been going on for a long time, and not just recently, so it's understandable that people would be upset about the frequent crashes, and many other things that just make game-play more a hassle than it has to be.

It's rather difficult to balance criticism with the good that goes on in the game, because what most posters put into print at this forum about poor experiences has validity, and something a lot have in common. This is supposed to be just the official Calypso forum, but the community generally treats it like it's still the old Entropia (all universe) Forum, so a lot gets posted because they want the information to be known, and it doesn't help that MA personnel post here (and the new Entropia Forum) and no other forum either, so that too is frustrating.

You want to talk about human nature? When 711 created the new Entropia Forum about 3 or 4 months after selling the data base to FPC, I knew that people would not gravitate there and build a new data base, because everything is here, and it's not all Calypso either - there's a lot of general information that would serve all planets. Players stayed here because for years they helped build the data base, and there's a familial atmosphere - that's human nature at play - and things get confused at times, but understandably so. The "all universe" content forums are really not being used that much at all, and with MA communicating here, that creates a problem too, so it gets frustrating.

I already said this game isn't all bad, but there's a whole lot wrong with it that needs fixing, and I've noticed attempts at distraction through better communication and posts about future content. Give the community something shiny and new and it keeps them quiet for a while. I'm glad there's more connecting and requesting to know what bugs you want fixed - there's only one answer - all of them.

Players want results, and they deserve them, but when a bug is fixed, there's really nothing to go on and on about. It means that the developer is doing their job, but when bugs hang around a long time, it's a natural sequence of events that there will be more negative than positive.

I've done an incredible amount of positive work in this community, and made plenty of contributions to this universe, and have written extremely upbeat stuff about our game, but no matter how beautiful the graphics are, or what kind of castle you can build in your own sandbox, the last thread of hope for many is wearing pretty thin, and we've waited a very long time for stability and respectable game-play without all of the same issues showing up all the time, but it just doesn't happen.

People would write more positive things if they were given a game they deserve - I don't think they have yet.

EDIT:

There's plenty at multiple EU websites to give a perspective player information about this game and whether they want to give it a chance or not, and they get it from the players with the experiences because they are the best sources of whether it's worth it or not.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the thread a few years back..

People are constructive at the core, everybody wants improvements..

Now something will change in the tongue if, you are not being heared, you have been hold up promises which have not been met, you have something personal at stake, either money, ego, principles anything thats important. Or someone is just cranky or in a specific state of mind.

I wish more would listen to MS9 since I always seem to 100 percent agree as far as I have read your posts.
Gj!

I completely agree. However, I would also say that focusing on the negative "feedback", which many (including you) have been doing lately, is not telling the whole truth about the game.

The truth is that most of those players posting flaming rage posts on the forums ironically enjoy the game (or they wouldn't keep playing). Yet prospective players read these posts and run for their lives.

It's a battle against human nature... we naturally tend to focus on the negative much more than the positive... after all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I, too, focus on the negative too much.

So when I am encouraging people to balance their criticism, it's a call to tell the whole truth rather than an attempt at censorship.

Rage post is not out of the blue bevause of that.

Truth, I just wish MA would tell the truth, be open and fair.

Ofcourse we focus on the negative, lets say you are into live classical music. Now there is this anoying mosquito in your ears. i can predict that your experiance of the music is being jeopordised by that BUG. It needs to be fixed in order to get the experiance that this orchestra posted on their flyer.

One thing that can be done to help newbies until the server issues get fixed is to help them get out of PA server.

I did to try a run for it on arrival in Fort Icarus, problem was that before I made it 1/3rd to the border, server crashed and we were sent to Cape Corinth far away.

Most feasible way would be if either MA added Fort Isis and possibly Nymthtown to everyone, or if someone who has a wormhole chip can help - then it would be possible to send people there from a slightly stable server like cape corinth. (Unfortunately I don't have any wormhole chip and I don't know anyone online who has.)

For Icarus there are usually just 2-3 minutes before the server goes down. :/ It's not enough time to load a chopper with people and manage across the server border.

Back