Question: Can we loose our accounts because of VU10?

As far as I'm aware, MA changed it so that we needed to login to Planet Calypso to keep our accounts active. Where as before we only needed to login on the website. Is this still the case? I got to hand it to them if it is, sly move there.

My current situation is not being able to even get past the update stage. I was not very active before VU10 and can't even remember my last login date and my worry is that my 6 months will expire and MA will take everything I had before I can get a new computer. Anyone else in the same situation? has MA even considered this? was this their plan all along? :confused:

Reactions: SHY
Where did you hear this? [citation needed]

I'm sure with a support case to explain your situation MA will extend your time.

As far as I'm aware, MA changed it so that we needed to login to Planet Calypso to keep our accounts active. Where as before we only needed to login on the website. Is this still the case? I got to hand it to them if it is, sly move there.

My current situation is not being able to even get past the update stage. I was not very active before VU10 and can't even remember my last login date and my worry is that my 6 months will expire and MA will take everything I had before I can get a new computer. Anyone else in the same situation? has MA even considered this? was this their plan all along? :confused:

I always thought it was over a year before they locked accounts... re-read the terms of use...

a support case couldn't hurt though...

From the EU website

5.4. Inactivated Account

You acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be deemed Inactive if it has not been logged into for a period of three hundred (300) consecutive days.

You further acknowledge and agree that Your Entropia Universe Account will be Terminated if it is not used for a period of seven hundred and fifty (750) consecutive days (i.e., 450 days after Your Account has been deemed Inactive).

You hereby explicitly consent that after the period of 750 days of inactivity Your Entropia Universe Account is deemed to have been abandoned by You.

So, what happens with a Terminated account ?

Terminated Account (or “Account Termination”) means that the Account is purged and that You will no longer be able to retrieve its contents or to re-activate it to access Entropia Universe. Purging the Account means that all skills will be deleted, any estate deeds will be transferred back to MindArk and/or MindArk's Partner and the virtual objects on the Account will be exchanged for their Trade Terminal (TT) value. The aggregated value will be added to the balance on the PED Card connected to Your Account for You to withdraw if exceeding the minimal withdrawal limit of 1 000 PED. Any pending transactions involving a Terminated Account will be revoked.

So - you have 750days (a little over 2 years!) before your account is terminated, and the items converted to TT value.

Plenty of time, one might think, to find someone with a computer good enough to let you log in at least once.

[Incidentally - the Terms of Use and EULA are available on the EU website. Not just under 'Support/FAQ' but as a direct link at the bottom of every single page.]

Last edited:
You will be notified via e-mail by MA if they intend to do anything. So make sure your e-mail is stated correctly.

I will login for you, if you are still worried after 330 days from your last login ;)

Back