can we profit reasonably from mining?

You can profit from mining. Its just you need a few things in order to do so.
1. Knowledge- knowing where to drop bombs, with what finder.
2. Luck- Everyone needs it in EU
3. A big PED card. No matter what you will hit a bad streak, and with a big enough card you can survive.

2 and 3 are wrong - maybe replace them with those:

2. Patience
3. Determination
4. Self-control

Play to break even. Learn the markets and your customers needs. Learn your resource fields and what you can find reasonably well with your avatar.

If you think long term it helps. Also remember there will always be good and bad periods. Use the good times to prepare for the bad times.

I still use my profits in mining to fund my hunting. Its possible to profit on a regular basis but don't expect to quit your day job doing it unless you have a lot of time, nice bankroll, and something that gives you an advantage like and unlimited higher level ore amp. Also realize even with those things in place its easy to lose ped if you don't know what you are doing.

It will also be hard in the beginning finding enough higher mark up resources to hit a break even point but as skills increase and your library of easy find resources will grow as you move through finders.

Lastly watch your peds and read up all you can in the forums about mining and people who are doing it sucessfully.

Good luck and have fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

2 and 3 are wrong - maybe replace them with those:

2. Patience
3. Determination
4. Self-control

Yeah, you do not really need a big PED card. With patience and self control you know do not really need a big ped card. However luck helps. I agree with your three choices.

I thought i heard some hardcore gamer managed to profit and finance someone to college? If this is true, then playing this game can make money...

I thought i heard some hardcore gamer managed to profit and finance someone to college? If this is true, then playing this game can make money...

Most of the people who do profit aren't about to go tell the world, if everyone did whatever it is they're doing then it would no longer be profitable.

Most of the people who haven't figured out how to profit refuse to believe it's possible.

Who do you think will be the ones replying to this thread? :laugh:

I have been doing quite well mining. The thing is, you need to do your homework. IE: Check tracker. If it is down, don't bother. You can make a nice profit in the EU if you know when to cut your loss' and log out. Took me 3 years to learn that but I did eventually after untold loss'

You want to know if you can profit by mining?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/mining/146351-1m-bombs-later.html

It is possible but unlikely. Notice after a few bad runs of big loss' I stop for a week or so? It is all about knowing when to cut and run brotha.

I have been doing quite well mining. The thing is, you need to do your homework. IE: Check tracker. If it is down, don't bother. You can make a nice profit in the EU if you know when to cut your loss' and log out. Took me 3 years to learn that but I did eventually after untold loss'

It is possible but unlikely. Notice after a few bad runs of big loss' I stop for a week or so? It is all about knowing when to cut and run brotha.

I disagree here, stopping and starting makes no difference in my opinion to loot. You were probably just in the bad period that everyone goes through. You logged bacck and it was not the time away but the change in bad to good that did it

Rgds

Ace

Also disagree, makes absolutely no difference if you stop.
There are so many parameters that stopping might only let kick in the time value having a bigger value than the PEDs cycled value.
If you can not afford to insert more, stop or doing something else.
In the long run it makes absolutely no difference.

Hm I guess its possible but however, bad lootcycles can kill ya if you dont have enough ped on the card to back it up.

I also think they only way to get out of a bad period is to play through them. Taking breaks etc havent helped me anything, more the opposite.

To really be on a safer side, buy an UL amp :)

Oh and dont mess with big amps if you cant afford to loose half of what ur spending on them.

The answer is definitely "yes". And , of course if you had asked : Can we loose reasonably from mining, the answer would still be the same.
The choice you have is in the way to do it. So , the right question is in fact : Can you profit reasonably from mining ? To have a better idea of the answer to that particular question is to answer the following : Can you follow the tides and stop when they cool down ? Can you keep up at minimum costs when the tides are low ? Do you have enough patience to chart your runs ? Are you willing to skill crafting to further increase you chances of actually working for profit instead of "hunting" winning lottery tickets ? Do you have the wits to understand market trends and use them for your own good ? And so on ...
Wiser players are the last to go down when the fat lady sings, not necessarily the first to go up tho ;).

you should perhaps name the investment cost to make a living? ;)

Well let see, how much did CND cost ;)
Jacob is making a living of mining witout dropping a bomb/probe...

Or you can always buy a big UL amp, and do what someone else is doing...

I disagree with stopping for awhile. If you do get in a bad loot cycle just ore trade for a bit to fund your loses until it gets better.

Back