Can't Create Avatar

Dr. Death M.D.

Hatchling
I am brand new. Just downloaded the program, did the updates, etc. I can log in. It asks me to create my avatar. The image is just black - solid black. The background is perfect. The buttons are perfect. When I press a button, I can't see anything except the black form change if that particular button affects size. Can any help with suggestions? Windows XP, all updates.

Could be graphix card, I know the recent graphics updates have caused some problems for people, including me. What is your current graphics card?

Agreed, graphics card is the likely culprit.

OP, try setting all graphic options on the client loader to the bare minimum and see what happens. Good Luck!

Also try setting the connection speed to 128K or lower. Goofy I know, but sometimes this will clear up communicatin problems between you and MA and make things work.

AG

Graphics Card

Could be graphix card, I know the recent graphics updates have caused some problems for people, including me. What is your current graphics card?

Thanks for the quick reply! My Graphics Card (I believe what you want I found in the Device Manager under Display Adapters is a Intel (R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. This PC is a Dell Vostro. Other details:
Processor Intel Pentium II processor
Processor Speed 1.56 GHz
Memory (RAM) 1024 MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Operating System Version 5.1.2600

Agreed, graphics card is the likely culprit.

OP, try setting all graphic options on the client loader to the bare minimum and see what happens. Good Luck!

Also try setting the connection speed to 128K or lower. Goofy I know, but sometimes this will clear up communicatin problems between you and MA and make things work.

AG

I tried all of the above but none of it worked. I really appreciate your suggestions. I do have another PC which has great video, processor, etc. I'll see if it works on that PC. This PC I was able to purchase cheaply and I did so because it came with a 19" flat screen. I figure I got this PC for free and used the purchase price for a second monitor. lol Thanks again.

I've sifted

Yes, problems come with Intel graphics...
Try sifting through this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/43999-intel-graphics-problems.html

I went to the link provided. The person (Zap) says I need 3D analyzer V.3.24 I cannot find that version. I find all earlier versions. :( Thanks for the suggestion. The person asking in that post said they couldn't find the right version either. Zap said to scroll down. I did and didn't see it. I also went to the Archive and don't find that version their either.

Thank you for your assistance. It is appreciated.

Yep, integrated Intel graphics is definitely the issue I think. Follow the above, as suggested, if that doesn't work, look for another compatible graphics card (not sure what type of slots you have on the motherboard, PCI, PCI-E, AGP) for possible upgrades. Just to let you know, come supposedly Mid this year a new graphics engine will be in place, and it runs the CRYengine 2, which if you need some basis of what to go off of, check the game Crysis. You will need these specs to run the game likely. Just a heads up.

Thank You Everyone

I downloaded and installed the game on my PC which has great graphics, etc. and all looks great. Thank you again everyone for your help.

hi due!
i use Video Avatar for creating avatars!
i found this prog very cool)its so helpful and very simple!
its not free=( but has very cool demo without timelimit!
i used it too!
i advice you to try!

Pachka, the OP is referring to his EU avatar creation, not a forum avatar. The program you cite will not work for this application.

Dr Death, glad it worked out for you. Welcome to Calypso!

AG

Pachka, the OP is referring to his EU avatar creation, not a forum avatar. The program you cite will not work for this application.

Dr Death, glad it worked out for you. Welcome to Calypso!

AG
i see...im sorry.
i just wanted to share good prog which i found...i had lot of troubles with avatars till this prog...i hoped to help:)

Back