Question: Can't Stack items and/or TT items

Sunshine1

Young
Society
Calipso Rescue Team
California Sunshine Gal
Has anyone had the problem after 2 to 3 hours of play that you cannot stack items in your inventory or your storage? A little time after that you cannot TT any items? I have to log off and log back on in order to get it to work.

This has been going on for about 2 months. I have reinstalled the game 4 times now but no fix yet.

I tried sending a message 3 - 4 times to Mindark but no reply at all. Guess it's not important to them.

Any ideas as to how to fix? :scratch2:

Yea I get the same problem, it's really annoying! :mad:

I found that with the stacking, I just have to try stack 2 or 3 times, eventually it stacks. Sometimes though, the items seem to disappear and only reappears when I relog.
I think it's a lag thing.

Hope they work it out sometime in the years following VU10 release :laugh:

Hmm...

Never had that promlem with storage, but I've had my computer do all sorts of funky stuff when I make it "work too hard" for too long...

as you say this happens after several hours playing the game, it's probably related to to the way the game is running on your computer, rather than a "bug", per se'.

could be a memory or overheating issue.. if there are any other programs running when you run EU, shutting them down might help the problem.

You could also try playing at a lower resolution and see if that helps.

good luck:)

This is caused by the way that EU caches the models and textures that you see ingame so that next time you come across them they load faster and reduces lag.

The down side of this is that your memory can be very quickly used up if you are visiting a lot of shops or other locations. When this happens your computer starts to use your harddrive as ram and everything slows down.

MA/FPC could put a cap on the amount of ram to use as a cache which would help but for now the only remedy is to relog every so often to free up the ram.

Tasha

same here...

I have tried it on other systems we have in the house and it is specific to my character. My husband Tango never has had this problem and our son Furry is still a newbie and hasn't had the problem either. I have used thier systems with my character and still get the problem. Kinda irritating and confusing.

I found that with the stacking, I just have to try stack 2 or 3 times, eventually it stacks. Sometimes though, the items seem to disappear and only reappears when I relog.

Maybe it just "disappeared" to the bottom of the inventory?

I have tried it on other systems we have in the house and it is specific to my character. My husband Tango never has had this problem and our son Furry is still a newbie and hasn't had the problem either. I have used thier systems with my character and still get the problem. Kinda irritating and confusing.

Sounds like this:

could be a memory or overheating issue.. if there are any other programs running when you run EU, shutting them down might help the problem.

in case you own/wear/hold more items than the rest of your family and thus run out of texture memory earlier.

I assume that you didn't change the settings on the various PCs before you logged in with your account?

Since it's avatar-specific and not computer system-specific, my first thought would be to ask if you are reaching the 500 limit for your storage? If you have too much stuff, inventory issues do start to occur.

I've had another version of this error lately,

My version is that i cant repair _anything_ after a certain time of gameplay, you can open the repairterminal fine, you can press "repair all", but then when youre ready to press repair, you get an error saying "This item cannot be repaired" eventho you might have tens of items in the window, removing all but one seems not to fix it either, sometimes not even a relog fixes it :S no idea if its related to the problem you all are describing, but it's sure annoying, longest time ive had to wait to repair something was a downtime (loggedout) of about 2 hours.

I've only had this problem when suffering from severe lag. However, merge all items usually works, even if it takes a bit of time. Under such conditions relogging is probably necessary anyway. You could try going to another storage at another tp and seeing if that goes better.

The stacking issue is not in storage, I don't have that much like Tango, but on my character while running around. Mostly its the loot stacking. Occasionall I cannot sell junk in the TT. I put the stuff in to sell and confrim. It starts then says "Cannot perform that action" I will start after 2 hours or so of play and in all different parts of EU, both continents. I run bare minumim in the background, video card, sound, and security.
I hope this helps someone understand what is going on.
Thank you to all who have replied. It's way more than Mindark has done. No answer at all in three months.

I'm sorry to say it sounds like a glitch on MA's side then. :(

Two words: Support case

Honestly, I doubt it will help much, though. Hopefully after the Crying starts, disks and data will be rewritten. This will hopefully fix your problem, if your data happens to reside on some faulty portion of the disks.

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I have enough techs around here that they have gone thru my system thoroughly several times. Tango, T-bone replaced power supply I think, and even our son took a shot at it. The good and bad side with living with techies!!! LOL. I'll keep you posted as it goes. I am going onto either Furrys system or our other spare system to see what happens today.:rolleyes:

Maybe it just "disappeared" to the bottom of the inventory?

Hehe, that was my initial thought too, but no it just goes MIA until I relog. This has happened mining in the past too, where I've mined - for example - an X claim, but only had 5ped worth of stuff in inv. It took a relog to get it sorted.
I've noticed "merge all" works better than drag/drop, the only issue being that sometimes it can take a looooooong time to merge.

Also, since posting in this thread, the repair issue that I saw mentioned has been happening to me aswell as a strange issue where sometimes I can't craft, it says something like "could not execute, please try again" over and over until I relog. Even then, sometimes it takes multiple relogs.

:(

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I have enough techs around here that they have gone thru my system thoroughly several times. Tango, T-bone replaced power supply I think, and even our son took a shot at it. The good and bad side with living with techies!!! LOL. I'll keep you posted as it goes. I am going onto either Furrys system or our other spare system to see what happens today.:rolleyes:

Maybe you could try and delete the files in the cache directory (something like "...\Entropia Universe\data\Cache").

Thanks Profit for your input. Now I know it's not just me. Sorry you have the same issue cause it is a pain.

I did go onto our spare system which is only two to three weeks old... same problem within 1 1/2 hours. T-bone was on that system Sunday for about the same amount of time and no issues for him. I did start using the stack all button last month and it has worked a couple of time after the other notice, but no more than 3 times.

Thanks Endermigne for the tech idea. I told Tango and he will go check it out.

Thanks to everyone trying to help. It has really been nice to see the efforts of you folks to try and help others. Now if Mindark could bottle this kind of support and put it in thier support system, maybe we could get things fixed.:eek:

I have not noticed missing items whit the stacking problem until last night. I am now missing about 8 PED of ammo. Not much but what if a noob had that happen when they couldn't afford it with the RL economy as it is? Is MA making up the funds for getting the banking thing resolved?

Ok, three weeks later and still having the issues. Anyone else still having the problem? MA not responding still.

Ok, three weeks later and still having the issues. Anyone else still having the problem? MA not responding still.

MA not responding, that weird. You filed a support case by loggin in on the Entropiauniverse.com website??

I never ever had that MA didn't responded to a support case :scratch2:

try to empty this before log in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
C:\Documents and Settings\Your username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

example
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunshine1\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunshine1\Local Settings\Temp
and after that I think should be ok.:laugh:

Back