Info: Can't stop playing

Wollongong

Elite
Society
Odysseus Unbound
Jerry "Wollo" Wollongong
No, seriously... I can't stop playing, literally!

When I press logout, followed by the green button. Nothing happens
When I press logout, and wait for the timer to go to zero. Nothing happens.

I just cannot leave the game, other than by pulling the plug on my PC, or using CTRL-Alt-Del.

Anyone else having this issue?

No, seriously... I can't stop playing, literally!

When I press logout, followed by the green button. Nothing happens
When I press logout, and wait for the timer to go to zero. Nothing happens.

I just cannot leave the game, other than by pulling the plug on my PC, or using CTRL-Alt-Del.

Anyone else having this issue?

Simply your lot is not finished, and MA are sending you a less than subtle addictive message;)
Just minimize the problematic application and run some other mindless program like Steam;)

Yes, everytime when i log out, game window do not close. After 2 clicks to "close window" button i recieve a message from Windows and force close program. No Ctrl+Alt+Del, you can use task manager and kill Entropia.exe process or program in task manager.

I've been having the same issue for a few weeks now and its a pain in the arse, thought it may have been just me.

The only way I've found to close it is to right click on the icon on the taskbar and close manually.

Seems to be issue with PCs, my laptop logs out fine. No idea what is causing it. Tried repairing etc.

Yep same here ctr+alt+del ewery time :(
And i remeber wile back when u had to force logg out u lost all the skills u got during that session, makes me wonder if its intentional by MA lol
I havent counted my skills tho hehe

i remeber wile back when u had to force logg out u lost all the skills u got during that session,

Thanks for the info Lazz!
I'll thank the missus for my 'ill gotten' past:)
Or lack of:)

This is quite normal for me for the last years...
Press alt+enter to exit to window mode.
Rightclick prog in taskbar -> Close. (repeat twice)

At least is this the way I (almost) always have to exit. Hope it works for you too...

/Jaeger

no problems here...

This issue first time was happened with me when i connect Logitech Mic+Earphones USB.
That was a start point of that problem.
No solution found ATM.
Before connecting and using mic in EU was no problem.

Yep same here ctr+alt+del ewery time :(
And i remeber wile back when u had to force logg out u lost all the skills u got during that session, makes me wonder if its intentional by MA lol
I havent counted my skills tho hehe

Been happening with me now for over a month as well... have to crt alt dlt to force a shut down via task manager.

XZC

MA loves you so much, they don't want to let you go:laugh:

The only way I have noticed I never have to force the game to shut down is when I frequently CTD :dunce:

Started for me update before this last one.... I use a laptop... I sent a support case awhile ago..... interesting that it doesn't happen to everyone...

same problem here, i just click the X in the top right corner 20 times and eventually it works and closes.

I had this problem before the VU, everything works fine now :)

Been having this problem too. Both on an older (12 months old) installation and I've just recently built a new pc and installed everything for the first time (no copies of programs).

I have been using CTL-ALT-DEL and stopping the Entropia.exe process. It only started a month or two ago.

So lets see if we have common ground.

ATI Vid Card 7870 and 6850 doing it.

Win 7 HP 64 bit. (note that Entropia.exe is 32 bit)

Happens on both new install and old install. (suggests maybe a recent update caused it).

Using ATI driver package 9.012-121219a-154611C-ATI

I also have the problem, not for as long as some have noted but def for a greater part of this new year.

My machine is and runs on:

i7-2600@3.4GHZ 16G RAM, Widows 7 64 bit.
My graphics card a bit diff than most will be using, as I set up this machine more for CAD and 3D work with solidworks. Is a NVIDIA Quadro4000 (2GB), with up to date driver.

have not got the highest setting on graphics anymore as scared to burn out another dam card.

Can't see much common ground in Westy's machine and mine

I believe it is to do with 'voice chat' and whether a microphone is installed/enabled.

I fixed it on my system by inserting a 'media hub' between the line out from the computer and the speakers, and also plugging in the mic lead, even though there was no mic.
The motherboard thought there was a mic there, so Windows thinks so too.

No problem since.

Subscribing. Same problem here for a while.

I seem to remember it also happened the same a few years back, then cured itself.

Curiously when Feffox cave crashes (which is groaningly regular) the problem doesn't arise, only when logging out "properly".

Tried the obvious things like repairing, removing all peripherals, running minimum specs etc... to no avail.

I dislike having to force my pc - leaves me feeling like a wife beater :smash:

Laptop = no problems
Desktop = the exact same problem as OP, done a complete windows resinstall since and made no difference

Rgds

Ace

EDIT Both running win 7 x64

I have the same problem with the PC. Every time I shut down I have to ctrl-alt-del and then shut down entropia.ex in the file manager. I don't have the same problem with the laptop though and I don't think that its got anything to do with whatever the computer configuration is, but I saw that some people think that it may have something to do with using an external mic. and I did recently start to use mumble with an external mic, so there may be something in that. Whatever the cause, its a pain in the ass :mad:

90% of the time I have to close the game with task manager

100% here.

MA answered my support case saying that I should try deleting the "entropia" folder under the %TEMP% directory; fwiw, this had no effect whatsoever, and i still have to kill the client via task manager _every single time_ :mad:

I dont know if its been suggested yet, but try to put it in window mode, and then just close window in the upper right corner with X.

Same here, quiting by task manager. Noticed that this started hapening when "press ok to stop voice" issue was solved.

Tbh i liked previous bug much beter...it required only press 'OK' in additional windows. now CTR;+ALT+DEL takes much longer.

As for skils all seems ok, finished some stages of iron challenges lately and got all i should have have.

What bothers me most about this, is that this bug does not appear to be something they wish to fix. Instead, we are left to figure out creative ways to change the way our machines work to match the software. Quite the wrong way around....

on the other hand they fixed the bug where adding someone to FL, you couldn't see them in list til you logged out.

quite nice to have that fixed.

guys, consider yourself lucky

you are considered VIP players by MA

players they just cannot let go of and want them around ALL THE TIME!

that's no bug, its a feature!

yeah, that is jealousy speaking, i log out just fine everytime :cry:

Back