Suggestion: Capture the flag

PreyNaika

Stalker
Isa Naika Prey
Hey i was wondering if we culd have some Mission or Event that brings more activity into pvp

My sugguestion is : capture the flag in the nonlootable areas like Argus or oil rig

Reward wuld be tax from the landarea for the winning soc

Why capture the flag ?

That way everyone can take part of the Event allowing 88 HP avatars to play a role and/or establish New societys who aim for pvp.

I think thats a great idea for unreal 5 because most players who played that engine are familiar with that type of Events and i am shure its not hard to Code that kind of Mechanic.

Example:

Oil rig got two bases, North and south
Flag spawns on top of the Drilling Structure, a timer will count down from 10 sec, after the timer runns out the person who got there first will Hold the flag untill he is dead. When he dies the flag will spawn on the ground where the person died, ready to Pick up from that Position for another 10 seconds if noone Picks up the flag there after 10 Sec it will spawn on top of the steucture again. However the goal is to bring the flag into the home base. Whatever soc gets 3 flags will be the Manager of the landarea for one month.

Same for Argus just with 4 bases and larger space between to allow useage of vehicles

Flag carrier is not allowed to be inside a vehicle with the flag, it will drop on the ground when he enters a vehicle

Last edited:
This holds more significance than many might realize!

It's truly a wonderful idea! As you've pointed out, many players are familiar with game modes like this, so it's no wonder that modes such as Capture the Flag are beloved staples in numerous games.

Honestly, we have a wealth of different vehicles to choose from, some of which we used to be able to equip with weapons. But what's the point? There's no practical use for them. The game can often feel like a relentless grind; working hard and being prudent with our earnings. But why can't we use some of our hard-earned currency just for the sheer joy of it? No major investments, just pure, unadulterated fun.

Certainly, some groups and communities organize events and try out various activities like racing and others. While these are enjoyable, there's a lack of a robust system to support them.

I'd love to see:

Suggestions for Improvement:

• More structured events within Land Areas (such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, or even simple team deathmatches), where Land Area owners could easily set up these events using a game interface.
Reasons Why:

• It would encourage Land Area owners to be more involved in their property.
  • A portion of the event's income could be set aside as prizes for the winners.
  • This would breathe new life into PvP gear (I used to be an active land grab player, but PvP has become somewhat lackluster nowadays).
  • It would give purpose to personal armored trucks and other drivable vehicles with weapons.
  • Repair skills would become more valuable, and there would be a greater need to fix damaged equipment.
  • It would foster more interaction among players.
  • Event settings could be adjusted to cater to players of all skill levels, ensuring that everyone has a good time.
  • MindArk could oversee and manage events like these, ensuring that resources are allocated towards the Land Area, the winners, and MindArk themselves, ensuring a fair and enjoyable experience for all.
  • There could be a resurgence in demand for various items.

two great suggestions / posts, what a beautiful idea. full support :)

Let's unite our efforts! Together, we can propel it into a future opportunity.
Hey i was wondering if we culd have some Mission or Event that brings more activity into pvp

How do we kick things off? Do you possess any computer skills?
If not, I'd be happy to give it a shot. I can create a user interface in-game with settings and set up some visuals to illustrate how an event like this could appear.

Transform a suggestion into a visual reality to illustrate its potential. But I will need some days to do it.

Other then working with the unreal engine on my free time , no not rly :D

And since i got deticated to enteopia i rly dont do anything else then playing or working overtime in rl to Fund my massive "what to not do" Studi in EU.

We pulled this off back in 2008. Those that played had a lot of fun.

Just need some imagination in order to create games in this Universe sometimes.

We pulled this off back in 2008. Those that played had a lot of fun.

Just need some imagination in order to create games in this Universe sometimes.

I actualy ment this as Solid part of the game , like developed by mindark just like the lgs for example :D @Ludvig|MindArk

But a player event wuld be cool too, like just for funn

My Thought behind this is that unreal engine and the epic store offer a community of pvp seeking people. Wuld be wasted if mindark launches entropia unreal without that in mind

Best example here is unreal tournament, actualy entropia is a Mix of unreal quake and counterstrike if you dive into the pvp system. Hell lot of funn.

Visual examples mindark culd pull from movies like "ready player one" or "gunn gale online" if they bring that into eu this game will hit harder then anything imo, heavy bias in here because i was searching for a game that offers exactly what i wrote up there, entropia is still the closest

Last edited:
I actualy ment this as Solid part of the game , like developed by mindark just like the lgs for example :D
Oh I understand fully what you meant. Just pointing out that MA has enough dev work on their hand and these kinds of games-within-games are kinda meant for us to figure it out.

You know we could play a game of checkers, or even chess ingame, right? All without waiting for MA?

Back