Capture the Flag in PVP1! 6/28

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Attention all Calypsians!

Since the RX units have built bases in PVP1, and are clearly preparing to return, we at The Chosen Few feel it necessary to ensure the top Pkers in Calypso are up the challenge. To that end, The Chosen Few are running the following game:

CAPTURE THE FLAG!

When: Sat. 6/28/08 @ 18:00 Calyspo time

Where: The new RX bases in PVP1

Who: We're looking for 2 team captains to create their best 9 man team (themselves plus 8 others). The 1st 2 people to announce their intention to be captain in this thread will be considered hired and will be responsible for putting together their team. (Although we encourage the rest of you to state here if you wish to be on a team, it is up to the captains as to whether to use you or not.)

How: The teams will consist of your 9 man team, 2 TCF judges and 1 "flag" (a TCF member).

Each team will have their "flag" placed at a certain spot within both camps.

Each team will start in their camp. When the game begins you must fight your way to and into the opponents camp, and reach their "flag". (You must get close enough to fap them or hit them with a shortblade to count) After "capturing the flag", the "flag" will sit down (indicating they were captured) and announce the name of who got them by team, soc and local chats. The capturer must now get safely back to their home base all the way back to their own flag without dying in order to win. If the capturer is killed, the "flag" stands back up and is ready to be captured again.

This will be done in several rounds to determine the winner. Best 3 out of 5 wins. Each round will have unique rules to keep you and your team on their toes.

Round 1. Any armour, weapon, or FAP. No Tp chips, except from the revive after death.
Round 2. No armour or FAP, Opalo only, TP allowed
Round 3. No armour, Any weapon or FAP, No TP
Round 4. No armour or FAP, Melee only, No TP
Round 5. Free For all, anything goes

Teams will swap bases aftrer each round.

Again, best 3 out of 5 rounds win, so don't give up if you have a bad start.

Cost: 100 peds per team

Prize: 300 peds to the winning team! (The entrance fees + 100 peds extra) (Team Capt will be responsible for distribution.)

So if you're man enough to captain the best PK team around and capture the other opponents flag, shout it out and let us hear you!

NOTE: We are also willing to accept donations to the prize pool! ;)

Last edited:
Reserved for participants

Captains: Gickstery & Thorfin "Thor"

Players:
Ogulak'Da'Dragon
Doomie
Leprechaun
Oleg
zero wolve kool
Mercutio
PW3CKA
Jak
sacklitch
ZippO
BigDaddyCG
lamplite
Red Rocket

Last edited:
Early (or late) bump since I won't be back here until tomorrow after work. :)

Interesting idea, good luck with this :)

Excellent suggestion JC, I just wish my PvP skills were a bit better :(

Sounds cool, I thought when I first visited the RX bases that it would be good for an event like this, but then I forgot about it, so you beat me to it :laugh:

I'll throw my hat in the ring, not as a captain but as an available squad member :)

LOL Can I be a cheerleader, so long as no one shoots me?? :yay::yay:

C'mon folks, We need to build these teams. I need Captains.

FYI folks, I can't take credit for this event. This was entirely the work of my soc mate, BlackWater. So if y'er gonna spread the love, send it to him, 'cause he really deserves it.

So 18 folks are all we need. 2 captains and their 8 mates. :launcher:

Last edited:
Don't think I have the skills or equipment to take part, but it sounds like an awesome idea. Good luck getting some captains. :D

very nice idea.. I have doen a few event without the use of MA event system.. but some times other people feel teh need to cause problems. i think some are just jealous cause some of us can be asked too setup these events..

this was not a problem when we had large numbers in out soc.. :rolleyes: but now we are re-building after a large number of them left too create their own soc..

I would set agility levels so that both teams are equally of balanced skills.. or close too balanced..

either way love the idea.. instead of using a person as a flag an item can be used if i person with the item dies withe the item still in his or her inventory then the other team wins.. this is how i did my events.. we also used pvp bridge in new oxford..

the time is a little early for me as i cant get on till 8pm uk time which i think is 7pm MA time.

PM and i will see what i can do at my end..

Fine idea JC..

Like others I saw the potential for this sort of event at the RX Bases, but did nothing about it, so Hats Off to your initiative...

This sounds like it will be a huge chuckle...

Sadly, on that day, I will be...

a) Still rubbish at PvP, and

b) At Glastonbury Festival, bending my head.

But I hope the event goes well. Full report and piccies please..

Or perhaps someone could even film it...

Getting people who want to play, but no one's willing to be the lead dogs yet.

Pussies!!!!

sweet, i love pvp!!!

i'll be captain and invite all my pvp friends :)

:yay::yay::yay:

hmm, lets see, can i tell ya after we get some team members? :scratch2:

ooh, ooh, sorry for posting so much, but is there any uniforms?:yay:

BUMP

join ppl, join plz!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hell, why not. Sounds like fun. I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Now to find a crew. ;)

Oh, I'll take Da. ;)

Now to find a crew. ;)

Oh, I'll take Da. ;)

Hey Thor ... I'll sign up with your team ... I haven't been much of a PK'er at all, but after running around chasing after Muksy's ass last Sunday witnessing his PK'ing party, it turned me on enough to be inspired ... not to become a PK'er of course, but to give this event a shot. I think I can get my hands on a sexy enough weapon ... wait ... that didn't come out right ... I mean a hardcore thingy ... wait ... that didn't come out right either ... what I REALLY mean, is a loaded weapon with enough firepower to do some damage ... oh geez ... I better give up on that ... just know that I'll have the goods! :laugh:

Sounds like a fun event! :yay:

And JC? ... who you callin' a pussy? ... you better have a big enough weapon to back that up! :mad:

Hey Thor ... I'll sign up with your team ... I haven't been much of a PK'er at all, but after running around chasing after Muksy's ass last Sunday witnessing his PK'ing party, it turned me on enough to be inspired ... not to become a PK'er of course, but to give this event a shot. I think I can get my hands on a sexy enough weapon ... wait ... that didn't come out right ... I mean a hardcore thingy ... wait ... that didn't come out right either ... what I REALLY mean, is a loaded weapon with enough firepower to do some damage ... oh geez ... I better give up on that ... just know that I'll have the goods! :laugh:

Sounds like a fun event! :yay:

LOL, no, literally I was laughing so hard reading this I almost choked on my soda!

Count yourself on my team, your purpleness!

Now to find a crew. ;)

Oh, I'll take Da. ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our Captains. You now have ~21 days to gather your team and train for this event.

Good luck.

And JC? ... who you callin' a pussy? ... you better have a big enough weapon to back that up! :mad:

I'll be either a judge or one of the flags, so you can't shoot me. :nana:

imn thors team!!!!!!!!!! pk madness all up in da hizouseeeee

Ladies and gentlemen, we have our Captains. You now have ~21 days to gather your team and train for this event.

Good luck.

I'm recruiting like mad at Twin. Might get enough people for both teams. ;)

Hope you're ready for this, Gick. ;)

Thor requested I join - but I'm a lover not a figher ;)
(nevermind my pk hof's - I loved all those people to death .. I swear)

So, instead he said I should come along and cheer for team Thor :cheer:
and make a happy pk movie!! :yay:
So - see ya there guys !!

Go Team Thor !!

was laughing so hard reading this I almost choked on my soda!

So long as you're not choking on her hardcore thingy :eek:

Great idea, wish I could play but I'm busy this entire month.

Go Team Thor & Da! :silly2:

Back