"Capture the Flag"

cyphyr

Guardian
cyphyr trueman heart
Hi All

Capture the Flag.

Did you ever play this at school. The idea of the game is simple, there is a flag or some other object and teams have to fight eachother to get the falg. The flag could be hidden, in a pre defined place, or maybe the previous winner has to defend its ownership of it (The Calipso Cup?)

If MA could create a suitable object type these kind of games would be possible and indeed profitable to both MA, land owners, organisers and potentialy winners.

It all comes down to a suitable object type, it would need to fulfill cirtain condtions, for example:

1: it has no PED value and cant be auctioned
2: it can be carried and dropped when the player is killed
3: The player carying it should be visibly carying it but also be able to shoot and fap etc.
4: A prize can be "attached to it"
The above are complete or all necessary but they provide a basis for discussion. Its a bit garbled in my head at the moment but if we could knock it about for a bit I'll put in a support case/proposal to MA and see what they come back with.

What do ya recon?

cyphyr

Interesting idea, we once tried this in soc, the flag being personified by a player in OJ on autofollow. Upon killing the flag carrier, the flag-player was simply autofollowing the killer and so on.

Was fun, but we didnt try it a second time. Dont know why :(

Take care,
BB

Gee, fellas, I don't wanna be the flag again.

This could be a very cool alternative to the Land Grab =)

It would also need to be that the 'flag' could not be carried beyond the perminter of the game field. But indeed, very cool idea +rep

Or both sides have a flag and the aim is to capture the enemy flag and take it back to your own flag.

lol, used to enjoy that on UT2004 quite a lot :)

Great idea.

We need some themes to create structured goals...since we are not allowed to create anything ourselves.

Personally, I love capture the flag. In real life, and in games. (RL is more intimate, but I'll skip over that)

At the moment, most objects are "ghosts" that you can walk thorugh. A physics engine of any substance is only a dream.

Therefore atm, multiplayer capture the flag in Entropia seems like a dream based on the assumption of a dream...may as well count stars.

edit oops double post when editing "doh"

I think the "rules of engagement", the specific rules for each game could be set up verbally in most cases. On reflection though I can see that several set scenarios would be usefull. Having a limited game area would be usefull in some cases, this could be land areas, event areas, although a freeform option would be usefull. or even entire islands or continents. Imagine the posibility of of entire land wars for domination of LARGE areas, the battles could rage for weeks!!

I particularly see this as a Soc based system but obviousle not just Soc Limited.

Amanita, how is RL capture the Flag more intiminate? :) (dont answer if you dont want too ~ my imagination has already made up several intreguing scenarios LOL :laugh: :) )

I dont see why the physics based system would need to be updated (other than it does !!) in order to play a Capture the Flag game.

cyphyr

What's intimate about RL capture the flag? In the hiding...with your friend.

Then attacking in coordination, to win.

Hiding often has a 'snuggly' factor, with the attractive type.

That aside, the physics engine does present a problem. "Hiding" behind an object which can be shot through & scanned through isn't genuine. In fact, a marber plasma would settle the score before any fun could take place.

I think the 'real money' thing has led MA to adobt a 'no tricky objects' physics engine...to minimize loot abuse. That means no soda bottles rolling accross the floor, no wind blowing strands of hair that can be placed beind the ear....nothing that can really be 'interactable' like a real experience.

Ah ha . . . My imagination was running away with me :) :tongue3: )

As regards the physics engine surely that just requires players using different tatics. For example it currently gives reletively low to medium lvl players the chance to "take out" an uber in full Shadow with the right kind if team work. This would be much harder if real physics were implimented. I think that making the flag visible in most situations would be preferable. Other wise someone could just run off with it and hide it at the bottom of the ocean!!

cyphyr

Back