Category Poll 2018 Easter

Why bother having a RCE if you remove all reasons for gear having value, including weapons for events? :p

why not just give everybody a price, just for participating?
That way, we ALL win! Nobody loses! :wtg: :yay:

That would be the fairest MA could do.
Not really exciting, but ultimately fair!

lets be honest, that's what this "game" is about.

Besides, no matter what MA comes up with, it will always be unfair for someone.
It's the same repetitive thread each event.

It's never fair. Everybody is saying they wont compete. And still, each year, people do compete.

And when MINDARK put up a pretty fair event then some people choose to cheat and bring down all others that play fair.

All these brain dead suggestions are really starting to grow old.

How can you guys even suggest that you should be allowed to compete in any category you want?
So a level 150 should be able to enter cat 1 with his 100 agility and outrun and outevade the "real" category 1 players? Way more experienced players and probably way better access to specialized tiered weapons, armor, rings, pills, scopes, sights, lifesteal.. EVERYTHING?

Seriously?

What level 10 has adj resto? How can you possibly believe this is the norm?

Yeah, seriously. I'm going to address these out of order.

First, nobody is in here really talking about 'the norm'. We're talking about current, as well as up and coming, competitive players.

This attitude is NOT in any way based on avatar skills. Neither, frankly (you'll see a lot of this discussion here) it's not based on time in game or some mysteriously 'earned' or 'deserved' deep understanding of the game. You know how these events work right?

It's based on willingness to spend, and desire to compete.

Go back and read the post you're responding to. Your comment about evade levels was EXPLICITLY mentioned.

Then get back to understanding that a level 200 uber with 1m peds to spend on event has access to nothing at all that a level 10 player with 1m peds can't get.

Meh, you could go on about network effects or something like a waiting list to rent the terminator but in fact, right at the root of so much of the frustration you see here, is the fact that what you're saying is completely not true.

All that about the things that "more experienced" players have "better access" to? You need to rethink that. There is no level cap in the auction, or the webshop.

Some people think that levels/skills should matter more. Some people think that you can buy is just as reasonable in a video game tournament. Some people would like to see all of this stripped away to a completely level standpoint and compete on their skill as a player.

Frankly, most people would like to see it tweaked just a little to conform better to their particular play style and strengths. It's onto the game developer then to either switch things up, or decide what to cater to in their own demographic.

It's all about that money, in the end. And many players here consider that their "level" of play is more accurately defined by their bankroll than their skills, HP, or 'time invested'.

Do you compete?

Edit to add: my first depo bought me a set of gremlin, a cleric dagger 3c, and a neo-psion 55 implant. I still have all three and I've used the gremlin and the neo-psion within the last 24 hours.

I would have bought an adj. resto in a minute if it had existed and probably still wouldn't have any decent healing skills thanks to it. So much for sooooo cheap.

I started off a little gung-ho but I wouldn't even call myself a competitive player. Plenty of low level players like to have nice gear. Especially if they're sure they'll be using it for pretty much as long as they care to play the game.

If adjusted implants were available when I started I wouldn't have "wasted" any peds buying a level 55 implant.

Just FYI 7 years in my highest MF profession is just under level 40. Doesn't matter.

Not everyone is here pinching pennies and wishing they could win a cat10 prize just because they hung around a long time.

Last edited:
Level 78 / 228 Health

I will not participate because:
  1. Cheaters go unpunished and get to keep their prizes.
  2. General lack of direction of MindArk.

Reactions: Mac
Well you brought up something i didnt event think off too.
FFS remove this soft cap thing too, why should i be able go down in category 4 and smash that lvl with my hunting gun.
What was wrong with HP and DPS caps, HP is easy enough if you feel your in wrong category to chip out.

really?
Lol!

Yeah, let 10 ubers each take first place in each of the 10 categories.
Then you know FOR SURE that nobody will ever compete other than 10 ubers.

I'm in cat 9 my gear is better suited for cat 8. Gear better than mine is unavailable to me to barrow or buy for realistic pricing not that I could afford the better gear anyhow. Renting is not an option for me. Why should I want to be locked into the bottom end of cat 9?

And to messI, screw chipping down :D already did that for 5 years in the original merry mayhem rule set

lvl 91/253hp but no weapon to compete in cat 8 really ;)

I fall pretty nicely into Cat 5.

My highest profession is 64.7
My HP is at 180
My base DPS is 80.2

I'm in cat 9 my gear is better suited for cat 8. Gear better than mine is unavailable to me to barrow or buy for realistic pricing not that I could afford the better gear anyhow. Renting is not an option for me. Why should I want to be locked into the bottom end of cat 9?

And to messI, screw chipping down :D already did that for 5 years in the original merry mayhem rule set

yes, the common problem.
But why should this mean we should allow you to participate in for example cat 2? (as you suggested)

This would only shift the problems to other players in other categories.

yes, the common problem.
But why should this mean we should allow you to participate in for example cat 2? (as you suggested)

The system for soft caps and instance-specific skill sets is already in place.

It doesn't have to be like that any more.

...but as longs as you havent sold it yet, you might as well participate then.

Then you can win, and prove that your stuff is the winning stuff. Then people will buy your stuff for sure!

:wtg:

109 prof, 278 hp, cat 10 with the pea shooters I have left is not going to be a very good use of my time or money given the competition :laugh:

I am not going to buy limited weapons and don't own any CLD to use for collateral to rent. For those game related reasons I am done. High Tiered Shadow and bots - Check! Great defense for events where shooting time is better than healing time, I hope someone who can use it picks it up. HC204 - check, great UL laser amp. Mk1 crit scope - check, crits help kill faster, perf ares, christmas ring, all good event items I was collecting to up my game to be able to compete, but that's all done now.

IRL, I am dealing with family health issues acting as caregiver for cancer patient at home, first rounds of major surgery done last week, now comes chemo and radiation, that is my priority now. I have time for forum at work on breaks, but little time for game time at home, I log in and check how my item sales are going, spin the EP wheel a few times and that's about all I have time for. That is why I am selling my gear, ( will never chip out again), that is why I can't compete, I don't see coming back to do so any time soon. But I wish those who can compete lots of luck! :)

#FuckCancer

Last edited:
yes, the common problem.

what if i wanna win the baby rewards just so u cant :p

what if i wanna win the baby rewards just so u cant :p

then I would gently step aside to let you take it.
I have abandoned any expectations to win anything in this game a long long long time ago.

then make it like batsim. everyone uses same gear. just need to have ammo.
or you mean you want a high credit card limit to still be able to win, not to mention the cheaters pill stacking? nah I'm good on that. I like it the way it is.

10 and I will get my ass kicked by Messi, Stryker, Hulk, Grave, Sokolade, Girts, and so in :))

10 and I will get my ass kicked by Messi, Stryker, Hulk, Grave, Sokolade, Girts, and so in :))

And you will like it! :laugh:

Actually, I did enjoy trying within my means to build up eventually to compete with these and other great avatars at the top levels of the game. I never got there, but I will miss the challenge and putting in the effort it takes to get there!

CAT 10 or Bust! :wtg:

lets be honest, that's what this "game" is about.

Besides, no matter what MA comes up with, it will always be unfair for someone.
It's the same repetitive thread each event.

It's never fair. Everybody is saying they wont compete. And still, each year, people do compete.

I havent competed for 3 years now....Dont see a need to....only event I liked was Halloween and now that is different. Looks like I would be in cat 9 anyway.

I havent competed for 3 years now....Dont see a need to....only event I liked was Halloween and now that is different. Looks like I would be in cat 9 anyway.

I understand and I respect that!

However this thread is meant to discuss the unbalanced category requirements as they are planned for Easter Mayhem.

However this thread is meant to discuss the unbalanced category requirements as they are planned for Easter Mayhem.

Listen to their story man.This forum is not about discussing ideas and improve the game :) nobody listen to that shit.

Listen to their story man.This forum is not about discussing ideas and improve the game :) nobody listen to that shit.

Hey Messi, ty for your reaction.

I do like opinions of others, anyone replying in this thread, you, as others.
Just trying to keep the thread on topic :)

My point was I quit years ago due to the unbalanced nature of events in EU. I always found myself at or near the bottom of each category I ended up in, and always out of my league with the competition because I lacked the guns and gear they had. I dont see any difference with this competition.

My point was I quit years ago due to the unbalanced nature of events in EU. I always found myself at or near the bottom of each category I ended up in, and always out of my league with the competition because I lacked the guns and gear they had. I dont see any difference with this competition.

Legend says that if you find these unbalanced once, you will always find them unbalanced :D

What I don't understand is why the percentage of (ex)players that don't participate/play but comment frequently is so high still... I mean, ok, you quit some time ago or you are very disappointed; we get it, every new event. WE GET IT :D It seems people that feel that way struggle to stay away but can't, somehow. Should we feel sorry? Should we give up as well?

I'm not referring to you Quell, but to this part of the playerbase that I don't understand but see very often on forums. It's obvious for the past few years that the events became more accessible to the common folks with little determination.
By accessible I don't mean that they are easy to win or even to place in top, but there are decent chances if you try hard (adj ep41 t3 is not trying hard) and sometimes it's totally worth it. You should try. At least go hard for a test :)
gl.

Legend says that if you find these unbalanced once, you will always find them unbalanced :D

What I don't understand is why the percentage of (ex)players that don't participate/play but comment frequently is so high still... I mean, ok, you quit some time ago or you are very disappointed; we get it, every new event. WE GET IT :D It seems people that feel that way struggle to stay away but can't, somehow. Should we feel sorry? Should we give up as well?

I'm not referring to you Quell, but to this part of the playerbase that I don't understand but see very often on forums. It's obvious for the past few years that the events became more accessible to the common folks with little determination.
By accessible I don't mean that they are easy to win or even to place in top, but there are decent chances if you try hard (adj ep41 t3 is not trying hard) and sometimes it's totally worth it. You should try. At least go hard for a test :)
gl.

I still play the game, I just stopped doing events. I/we comment because we wish it was more balanced, at least to the point we didnt have to depo hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars to compete. I loved halloween meyhem even tho I never won...but thats not the same now either. So I go on my merry way and do the things that are fun for me in the game. I care enough about the game to comment on things I dont participate in now. I dont want noobs to become discoureged as I have , and I am level 100.

i am not allowed anymore in cat 5 due to too high hp, and for cat 6 i am super (s)low... maybe i try to get some hofs for fun, but seriously participating hmmm i dont see that comming.

Natural skillgrow is making an unbalanced Avatar out of you. So sooner or later you dont meet the prequisites anymore, have to participate in a too high Level, either chip in or out. I chiped out rifle and handgun in 2013, so my dmg Level is well above my hitlevel. And my fap skills and evade skills are well above the value for a natural Level 55 hitter.

Thats why i find the caping in Events like this inappropriate

Last edited:
i am not allowed anymore in cat 5 due to too high hp, and for cat 6 i am super low... maybe i try to get some hofs for fun, but seriously participating hmmm i dont see that comming.

You are allowed into Cat 5 if your highest combat profession is matching, just that your HP will be trimmed to max of said category.

Category health restrictions are now soft caps. Participants whose max health exceeds the value for their assigned category (based on highest combat profession) will have their max health temporarily reduced to the soft cap value while inside any of the event instances.

You are allowed into Cat 5 if your highest combat profession is matching, just that your HP will be trimmed to max of said category.

okay thx for info, but is it worth attending in cat5?

okay thx for info, but is it worth attending in cat5?

If you're confident in your abilities and willing to invest a bit of time, practice, and PED into your preparation the event is well worth participating in, probably more than ever before in terms of having a good shot at placing.

If you're confident in your abilities and willing to invest a bit of time, practice, and PED into your preparation the event is well worth participating in, probably more than ever before in terms of having a good shot at placing.

and have access to a high tier unL or a large stockpile of high tier rate Ls.

The 20 hour event you might have a very slim chance to place with normal L gear if you get a 5ker or two. Otherwise if you arn't running near the max dps and near the max tier then don't plan on placing 3rd or better.

The defense event could be interesting, it would make sense for it to be shorter so running with a few high tier rate Ls might be possible. Of course this isn't accounting for the inevitable exploit the usually group will find giving them an edge far and above everyone else.

For everyone bitching about not being in X cat, either chip out or pony up. Events are very rarely about random chance and the IRL skill ceiling in this game is so low there really isn't any other variety to events besides "insert a huge amount of ped" or "roll your dice, maybe you get it, but probably the 2 week old noob will" style events.

Having lower HP than your cat or lower defense than the average uber means nothing. You should not be healing and you should not be caring about armor decay.

Back