CDF Broadcast - Robot Invasion Repelled

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
A senior official at CDF Headquarters has just moments ago confirmed that the last remaining compromised teleporter node, at Solfais Crater, was successfully secured by CDF engineers earlier today. Thanks to invaluable assistance provided by brave colonists, the planetary teleporter network has now been deemed free of robot interference and once again safe for civilian usage.

Scattered pockets of stranded robot forces remain in the areas surrounding the affected teleporter nodes, though the main body of the robot menace appears to have been repelled for the time being. Even still, CDF engineers and security experts are working night and day to determine the precise vector and method which allowed this latest teleporter network security breach by the relentless and heartless robots.

Based on last minute information acquired by CDF Intelligence, a score of Wastelander insurgents were also eliminated in the final moments of the pitched battle at Solfais Crater. The following colonists claimed bounties for their confirmed kills of the most dangerous of the Wastelanders:

• mchammer - Rare Robot Secret Transmitter
  • drhegi - Robot Nanomodulator
  • Una Griph - Robot Speech Emulation Unit
  • Rei - Robot Speech Emulation Unit
In additon, the following colonists received limited edition Isis Lr.78Pt (L) carbines for their efforts in neutralizing the Wastelander terrorists:

• Xen
  • Rei
  • Sledgehammer
  • Helena
  • Fronske
  • Slupor
  • anders gorro johansson
  • wixe
  • Lesteri
  • Belza
  • Smilgs
  • Nighthawk
RDI Rewards for Recovered Robot Technology
RDI representative and Xenobiologist Charles Marvin will be available at the Ashi outpost to collect robot technology items and distribute rewards to colonists between the hours of 15:00 and 22:00 on May 26 & 27. Colonists may also use the Player Register to contact Charles Marvin directly and coordinate a meeting for the reward redemptions.

Protector of the Empire Armor Set
325 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
100 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND1 Exceptional Robot Contraction Unit

Improved Omegaton Fast Aid Pack

100 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
15 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Dynocyclic Relay

Adjusted Omegaton ASG-3 Warthog
200 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
35 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Rare Robot Secret Transmitter

Adjusted Rip M6600

3000 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
600 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Power Transformer

Adjusted Dagger of Despair
180 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
25 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Nanomodulator

CDF Utility Helicopter
12 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
5 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Magnetomic Throttle

Calypso Land Deed
50 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
10 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers
AND
1 Robot Speech Emulation Unit

Necromancer Armor (L) Blueprint (L) - Complete Set (100 attempts of each blueprint)
25 Corrupt Optical Lense Blueprints
OR
15 Corrupt Hyper Charger Blueprints

Eon Armor (L) Set
340 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
100 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Tiger Armor (L) Set
150 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
50 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Martial Armor (L) Set
150 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
25 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Electric Attack Chip XI (L)

25 Exceptional Robot Optical Lenses
AND
8 Exceptional Robot Hyper Chargers

Originally Posted Here

Congratulations to all!

anyone else dis-satisfied that the mission held at 19:00 ma time was held for European timezone players only.

let me clarify.

I feel during these events they are specifically made so in my country I cannot attend at crucial times. When Items are given away such as today at 19:00 ma time, where most Americans were at work.

I mainly play and skill in this game just for events. If special events are only made for one timezone midweek and not on a weekend. I leave myself wondering why try?

guess game is dynamic and I will find a new reason to play or move on :/

*edit* guess this is a vent post moderators didnt want anymore, just frustrated I cannot spend my peds on event, feel fee to delete. */edit*

Last edited:
*edit* guess this is a vent post moderators didnt want anymore, just frustrated I cannot spend my peds on event, feel fee to delete. */edit*

There is nothing wrong with your post (other than perhaps not offering some constructive advice or suggestion on how the issue you are complaining about could be improved). It seems you overlooked the word 'excessive' in the thread title Excessive whining and negativity. Also, that warning was directed at a very small minority of habitual whiners, trolls and rabblerousers engaging in systematic and relentless negativity and EU/MindArk bashing, not the majority of the forum community.

On topic, there have been a large number of events over the years to accomodate players from all timezones (Merry Mayhem and the yearly Eomon migration are easy examples). Most of this latest robot event did not favor players from any particular time zone, and some of the earlier Wastelander appearances happened on a weekend, if I recall.

I do agree however that it would have been better if the last day of this robot event had been held during the weekend, which would allow a larger portion of the player base to participate. Not sure why it was held in the middle of the week. :scratch2:

I do agree however that it would have been better if the last day of this robot event had been held during the weekend, which would allow a larger portion of the player base to participate. Not sure why it was held in the middle of the week. :scratch2:

This is the part I was trying to convey.

I like events and do best to take part in all events hosted by planet. I really wished they chose weekends for a ending hurray so to say, so we could all try to take part in the event.

and ty for a response to clarify.

Australians Left Out

Unfortunately, those like me, in Australia who had to work today couldn't participate either.

I was greatly disappointed when I was able to log in about 45 minutes to 1 hour after 1900 that it was all over and Solfais was deserted.

There should be two events in my opinion to cover both time zones, and any prize winner from the first event should not participate in the second.

I think this would be far more equitable.

Hope the Planet Calypso Staff read this, and ponder some resolution to only catering to Europe.

Did anyone else have a problem actually seeing the waster avatars. I had team targets set on all of them and could see the target from a distance but i tried all graphic settings and couldnt actually see the wasters alot of the time, like they were invisible, i had to get within 30m most of the time just to be able to see them.

A suggestion for the future to reduce the amount of lag from everyone in EU at the same spot, would be to have the same thing happening with the same prizes at another tp. then we should get maybe a 50 50 split of the community at each location. This would reduce the lag

And maybe a stipulation that once you killed one, you cant get another prize on that event. That would give more people a chance to kill them also in this case.

in ref. to the comments posted by people in australia and usa. I think that 2 different times so that it suites more people would definately be better.

I think I blinked! When, how, where :scratch2:

I missed that final event, guess it was 3am and I was fast asleep.

Constructively, MindArk could have made it a less munted outcome, the final event organiser gets a thumbs down from me. Seems those lucky guys who were online at the right time, gratz to the winners.

They have run events at the weekend but the last time they tried it they crashed the server and cancelled it.

The problem with running the event multiple times is purely down the players. There are many who will turn up to both and could probably win both times.

Back