CE2 ways of implementation. Vote!

When should MA release CE2?

• Implement later, we want it perfect from go.

Votes: 143 66.8%
  • Implement now and take it from there.

Votes: 71 33.2%

• Total voters
well i would like it to be perfect when it is out.
But only because with the renewed interest in the game from the outside comunity, they will we expecting something as f****

OMG you used the F-word!!

Far Cry 2 is most certainly not flawless, but it's a damn good example of a well tested game. It's very pretty, a tiny bit lacking in feel IMHO, but overall a marvellous example of what can be done with DX10 graphics, and game design in general.

The likelihood of another free MMO suddenly popping up using Cry Engine 2 is slim, simply because licence costs are said to be prohibitive - although I'd imagine that heavily depends on who wants to licence it!

I'd say there are subscription MMOs in the pipeline which are far more likely to use it, and these are the ones which will threaten EU's future expansion.

There's a lot of hype about CE2 right now, and some of it is most certainly well-placed. However, my personal view on it is that good, fast, immersive 3D engines with physics can be created from scratch a lot easier these days. It's not like the old days when you had to pour over machine-code optimising things to get the best out of them. You'd be amazed at some of the stuff that independant developers come up with in just a few weeks, using tools we all have at our disposal.

This doesn't make CE2 redundant by any means, but it makes it a lot less worthy of all the hype it's getting. What I'm trying to say here is that it's very likely a small developer could come up with something to rival EU with CE2 in almost every way without having to shell out for commercial game engines.

This, IMHO, is why MA really shouldn't be concentrating on the game - they should be concentrating on the gameplay!

Im glad so many people feel the same is i do.
I would much rather a perfect looking airbrushed oil painting than a shaby smudged drawing with a blunt pencil. They can take as long as it takes to get it just right.
But i do wish they would hurry up, i cant wait any longer :yay:

They need it out soon. They need planet partners out soon.

What this game really needs is a big influx of players, having multiple games that are the same game with the latest graphics should do that.

Really it should have been out already they are taking too long and loosing a lot because of it.

Not that im saying they should just push it out in any state. The core function needs to work at the very least. The graphics are not what matters the platform is. They need it to draw people in, which we need to keep the economy going.

Imagine if there were 10 or 100 times as many players. That means they only have to skim 1/10th or 1/100th as much from each player, which means the average returns for all players would be better. It doesnt work quite like that. More players means more associated operation costs. But its not 1 to 1 either. Add 10 times the players and they could make more profit with only taking 1/5th as much for instance.

Their $1 to $1.5 an hour is WAY WAY more then the majority of mmorpgs out there. Many charge $100 or so per year thats $0.01 per hour, or if you use 23 hours per week i saw them quote elsewhere thats less then $0.08 an hour.

The reason its so high tho is lack of subscriptions, there arent enough people playing, and they really need the update to fix that.

So ya i want planet partners and CE2 out yesterday, they need it.

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about building games, so I really don't see how I would be able to vote (my guess: there's quite a few more people like that around here).

CE comes when those most intimately involved with it say it can.

I think they should stop working no the Cryengine, and start optimizing the gamebryo engine EU now uses. :laugh:

All things MA promisses us with Cryengine could have been done with Gamebryo :silly2:

Agree.
too short

Well, I would like it now, and I would like it at 99% working.

But having had some small experiance programming (far in the distant past) I know how unlikely that is to happen.

I would settle for the CE2 to be a side-ways move, which is then followed quickly by many updates that are all upgrades.
I also suspect that many of the recent VU's have included "behind the scenes" work that is part of the implementation of CE2 (IE changes that we do not notice, but were done "in preperation".)
We have also had Improved Polygon-count Avi's/armour/clothing the addition of eye-movements, re-worked hair-styles, to mention what I can remember. I suspect these changes were all done to get some parts of EU "up to CE2 Standard" in advance.

On balance I can wait a lot longer if that means the transition is just troublesome, rather than a fully qualified FUBAR.

Back