Cell based Mining, my current mining technique. Whats yours ?

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Morning All

I wanted to open this thread just as a community brain dump regarding mining "cells".

Typically when I mine currently, I am mining in a "cell", this "cell" area is twice my radius so 110m and starts at the centre of the cell ie 55,55. Just picture a grid of squares all over the place. I select a very specific offset from the centre of the cell, in my case its 0,+55, and "test the waters" so to speak. If I hit , I carry on moving 110m from where I previously probed and carry on till it stops working...

Here is where the fun starts... Obviously when I miss, the current configuration that I have regarding mining has changed and I need to change my search pattern.

Currently it looks like this

X

Simple, the next pattern I want to try is therefore, without giving too much info away, this

XX
XX

Increasing the radius of the "cell" by 110m, which changes the centre and subsequently the coordinates that I wish to check in the cell for deposits.

[165 , 110]
[52 , 57]
[118 , 204]
[176 , 22]

It's your typical vein leading into cluster setup, with [55, 110] being the vein and the above being the cluster. The reason that I can do this is because as can be seen [55, 110] is out of range of any of the above coordinates.

Surprisingly this works, of course missing when testing the larger cluster may suggest that an even larger cluster may exist.

[220 , 165]
[107 , 112]
[173 , 259]
[231 , 77]
[43 , 186]
[278 , 237]
[127 , 24]
[93 , 303]
[319 , 108]

Does anyone else use something similar to this, or some other wacky way of mining ?

Morning All

I wanted to open this thread just as a community brain dump regarding mining "cells".

Typically when I mine currently, I am mining in a "cell", this "cell" area is twice my radius so 110m and starts at the centre of the cell ie 55,55. Just picture a grid of squares all over the place. I select a very specific offset from the centre of the cell, in my case its 0,+55, and "test the waters" so to speak. If I hit , I carry on moving 110m from where I previously probed and carry on till it stops working...

Here is where the fun starts... Obviously when I miss, the current configuration that I have regarding mining has changed and I need to change my search pattern.

Currently it looks like this

X

Simple, the next pattern I want to try is therefore, without giving too much info away, this

XX
XX

Increasing the radius of the "cell" by 110m, which changes the centre and subsequently the coordinates that I wish to check in the cell for deposits.

[165 , 110]
[52 , 57]
[118 , 204]
[176 , 22]

It's your typical vein leading into cluster setup, with [55, 110] being the vein and the above being the cluster. The reason that I can do this is because as can be seen [55, 110] is out of range of any of the above coordinates.

Surprisingly this works, of course missing when testing the larger cluster may suggest that an even larger cluster may exist.

[220 , 165]
[107 , 112]
[173 , 259]
[231 , 77]
[43 , 186]
[278 , 237]
[127 , 24]
[93 , 303]
[319 , 108]

Does anyone else use something similar to this, or some other wacky way of mining ?

What is your result, if you use that methode? (minus or plus, in long term mining) Just wondering.

I search most for cluster = a lot claims at same place. If i find one, i drop probes in short radius, as long i find any claims, and stop, if it look the cluster is empty. Then i go to next of my knowing cluster places. If i have all that places done, and want continue mining, i go search for new cluster places, or i go try out places, i dont go often for mining. Always unamped ofc :)

In longterm it looks like plus here, since i focus on this methode.

just carpet bomb. you dont even need to go 110m (double the finders radius). its enough when you are just outside the search radius of ur last drop. my tests have shown that when you drop at a coordinate and you drop again inside the search radius of that drop then your hitrate goes down the closer you are to the point of your last drop and vice versa. the hitrate normalizes when you are right outside of the last radius.
so when you drop at coordinates 0 / 0 and your finder has a radius of 55m then its fully sufficient to drop again at -56 / 0, 56 / 0, 0 / -56 and 0 / 56
not much else is important when mining apart from the finetuning of search depth fitting to the resources wanting to hit.

What is your result, if you use that methode? (minus or plus, in long term mining) Just wondering.

I search most for cluster = a lot claims at same place. If i find one, i drop probes in short radius, as long i find any claims, and stop, if it look the cluster is empty. Then i go to next of my knowing cluster places. If i have all that places done, and want continue mining, i go search for new cluster places, or i go try out places, i dont go often for mining. Always unamped ofc :)

In longterm it looks like plus here, since i focus on this methode.

The cluster that I am looking for is large, not your typical mining deposits on top of each other. It can even be seen / thought of as a set of veins.

This is a new idea that I am testing, so its only a week old, so it's too early to tell.

just carpet bomb. you dont even need to go 110m (double the finders radius). its enough when you are just outside the search radius of ur last drop. my tests have shown that when you drop at a coordinate and you drop again inside the search radius of that drop then your hitrate goes down the closer you are to the point of your last drop and vice versa. the hitrate normalizes when you are right outside of the last radius.
so when you drop at coordinates 0 / 0 and your finder has a radius of 55m then its fully sufficient to drop again at -56 / 0, 56 / 0, 0 / -56 and 0 / 56
not much else is important when mining apart from the finetuning of search depth fitting to the resources wanting to hit.

Thankyou ...... I now have to test a refined version of the cluster map....

Another observation / question.. The detonation coordinates of the probe are not yours, it's about 0.7m slightly right of the direction that your avatar is standing, does that have any impact on the observations above ?

Yet another question, actually 2. Did you test running back between two points that are 56m apart from each other and if so what were the results ? Did you find deposits on areas that were covered by the previous probe's detonation ?

Last edited:
the thing you gotta remember is that your hits are wave based, meaning that when you drop more bombs in a smaller time frame thats "cold" you will get more nrf. smaller distance to run means less time between drops means a little higher shortterm volatility. longterm it evens out though. on a typical lvl 5 amp run (98 drops) i tend to get a hitrate of 31% on average but sometimes i get a run with 20% hitrate (seems to be the bottom) and sometimes runs with 50% hitrate.

in other wors afaik as long as you are outside of the last drop radius the most important variable determining a hit or nrf is time and not location.

The sheet that I used to generate the coordinates has been changed from a 2d object to a 1d object with only distance (radius) and the amount of points. This is a better match to what you are describing.

With regards to the wave / timer. If it is anything like the system Project Entropia utilized, the same "optimization method" could apply.

PE's system was not in real time, it checked on the event of a missed probe and generated an array of valid coordinates around the avatar up to a maximum distance, the less points in the array, the further these points "spawned" away from the avatar.

IF the same trigger is used, one would only have to drop a missed probe, move x*radius where x is the duration of the wave cycle away from the miss and probe in a line back to where the first miss occured, taking note of where the last miss occured and repeat the process.

However if the trigger is on every probe, one could still get an incredibly high hitrate by simply probing at the maximum distance possible, not the minimum. Of course a variable timer / wave could utterly destroy this approach.

The minimum amount of points on planet would be four, one for ore, another for entmatter and the third would go to ent-ore and the last would be a blank.

Of course it could appeal to Lootius and RNGesus for guidance...

Last edited:
Unless your getting an 80% hit rate or something high like that over a long run, then you are over complicating the system. If you are getting a high hit rate...then congrats you have figured out how to profit....dont share it or MA will take it away from you.

Unless your getting an 80% hit rate or something high like that over a long run, then you are over complicating the system. If you are getting a high hit rate...then congrats you have figured out how to profit....dont share it or MA will take it away from you.

I just tested an adaption of Me Really Never's idea and I don't like it.... I will stick to my size altering vogel's spiral.

It all depends on as the man says, the time... From what I am seeing, the system seems to be able to adjust in real time, which means that a player would have to play in real time.

Talking about real time, right now I don't think that there are many EU participants in the manufacturing sectors, the hitrate for mining has been poor the entire day.

Please during these bad times, don't mine, save your peds and do something else...

A quick update, I am still using a cell based system, but have reverted to the exact same idea and maths that I used in Project Entropia...

The biggest issue that I am currently facing is the silly timer...

the thing you gotta remember is that your hits are wave based, meaning that when you drop more bombs in a smaller time frame thats "cold" you will get more nrf. smaller distance to run means less time between drops means a little higher shortterm volatility. longterm it evens out though. on a typical lvl 5 amp run (98 drops) i tend to get a hitrate of 31% on average but sometimes i get a run with 20% hitrate (seems to be the bottom) and sometimes runs with 50% hitrate.

in other wors afaik as long as you are outside of the last drop radius the most important variable determining a hit or nrf is time and not location.

i'm aggree this that.
i'm only mining with LBML and i drop every time my actual circle is out of the last drop (if i find a claim, the last drop radius is lower than 55) and i do parallel lines
my HR never go under 24% in single search but be under 20 in dual serch. but the total return never go under 55%

the hr is not the most important. atm , i have good HR (around 30/35% each time) but only very small (II or III ore) then no profit.

finally, i don't know if someone have the best way for mining. i think mine is good because i do some profit. but locations, material, drop tt spent, skills, lvl professions, ... are prameters you can't forget in the equation

Back