Info: CFD System Overview

Site Admin
Admin
CalypsoForum Dollars (aka CFD) is the "currency" of PlanetCalypsoForum.

Members earn CFDs through various forum activities (explained below), and can use accumulated CFDs to purchase items in the CFD Shop, donate to friends, and more.

How to Earn CFDs

• Daily Visit - Visiting the forum each day while logged in to your account is rewarded with a small amount of CFDs.
  • Creating new threads - Every time you create a thread, you receive CFDs; the amount awarded for a new thread varies depending on the forum or suforum where the thread is posted. In order to encourage members to post new threads in the proper forum or subforum, any threads or posts made in the General Discussion forum earn no CFDs. Similarly, the trading and off-topic forums do not award CFDs. You receive additional CFDs for creating a poll within your thread.
  • Replying to threads - You receive CFDs by posting replies to other members' threads
  • Replies to your threads - You receive CFDs every time another member responds to a thread you have created.
  • Views of your threads - You also receive a small amount of CFDs each time a logged-in member views a thread you have created (once per 24 hours, so repeatedly refreshing pages to unfairly earn CFDs will not work).
  • Polls - Creating a poll, along with voting in other members' polls is rewarded with CFDs.
  • Rating Threads - Rating another member's thread is rewarded with a small amount of CFDs. Similarly, having a thread you have created rated by other members helps to earn CFDs.

The exact formula for the awarding of CFDs varies in many ways, depending on the forum in which a thread or post is created, length and rating of the thread, and several other factors. The best way to earn CFDs is to be an active and regularly contributing member of the forum, and by creating interesting and popular threads in the proper forums. Moderators and admins will also regularly award CFDs to members who exhibit exceptional contrbutions to the PCF community.

As a security measure against abuse (aka CFD whoring), there are daily earning maximums in place for each type of forum action that awards CFDs. Once one of these maximums is reached for a particular forum action, no further CFDs will be awarded for that action until the oldest action of that type happened at least 24 hours earlier. As such, do not be alarmed if you notice some of your forum actions do not result in CFD earnings if you have been extremely active during the preceding 24 hours.

Transaction History

Your current CFD balance can be viewed on the CFD Transaction History page, along with a log of recent CFD earnings and transactions.

Where to spend CFDs

• CFD Shop - The CFD Shop offers many ways to spend your hard earned CFDs: Custom user titles, colored and styled usernames and titles, icons of Calypso items and Unlocked Skills that appear near a member's avatar in threads etc. All of the items in the CFD Shop may also be purchased for other members as gifts.
  • Donations - You can donate CFDs to friends or members who have impressed you with their postings or contrubutions to the community. Donations can made by clicking the CFD link in the top navigation bar, and then clicking the Change link to enter the name of the donation recipient. Enter the amount of CFD you would like to send, an optional note that will be visible to the recipient, then click the submit button. A private message will automatically be sent to the recipient to notify them of the donation.
  • CFD Auctions - Purchase EU items from other members using CFDs.

Rules and Restrictions

The CFD system is in place to reward members for their contributions to the PCF community, and to enhance the user experience on PCF. We plan to continually refine and expand the CFD system and items available for purchase. We hope you enjoy the CFD system, and welcome any suggestions for improvements in this thread.

***Any abuse, manipulation or interference of the CFD system will result in the immediate loss of all accumulated CFDs, and exclusion from the CFD system, and/or banning from PCF.***

thanks for the info.

One question thou. Do we need to repurches our skill icons we had on EF?

CFD Icons

The new CFD Shop integrates two third-party forum addons that were independent from one another on EntropiaForum: the EFD Shop (which sold custom username/title effects), and the EFD Icon Shop. Both of these are now handled by the same system here on PCF, available on the CFD Shop page.

Unfortunately, it was not practical to convert prior icon purchases from EntropiaForum's older Icon Shop addon (made for vBulletin 3.x) to the new system in use here on PCF (made for vBulletin 4.x). However, since all of the records of EF icon purchases were safely migrated over to PCF, I have issued CFD refunds to all members who had purchased icons before the PCF transition (1500 EFD for each icon, same as the price for icons here on PCF). These refunds were made directly in the forum database, and thus will not appear in you CFD transaction history.

Also note that so far only the skill icons have been activated. The weapon, equipment, event and WoF Champion icons will be restored over the next day or so.

thanks for the info.

One question thou. Do we need to repurches our skill icons we had on EF?

See the post right below yours. (I was in the process of making a post to address this issue as you posted :D).

Nice
I was never on EF that much so nice to get CFD explanation

Will we get the other icons back to?

I had the opalo Icon, and the "Survivor of..." icon (with the robot invasion event that destroyed Hades)

Can it be used still for advertising? If not, what's the point?

Can it be used still for advertising? If not, what's the point?

I believe that Hanne|FPC has plans to allow CFDs to be used for Calypso-related forum ads in the near future.

Will we get the other icons back to?

I had the opalo Icon, and the "Survivor of..." icon (with the robot invasion event that destroyed Hades)

Yes, they will return (I addressed this question a couple posts earlier):

Also note that so far only the skill icons have been activated. The weapon, equipment, event and WoF Champion icons will be restored over the next day or so.

Hi 711,

I think there is a little "issue" with the new CFD system.

I try to maintain the CND Mining Chart and this morning i had to make 2 consecutive editions of the 1st post of the thread where i maintain the list of ressources by dome.

Now if i look at my CFD transaction history i see the following transactions

Today, 09:31
New Thread
Spent 8.16 CFD

Today, 09:09
New Thread
Spent 8.15 CFD

Is it normal ? As i just edited the 1st post ... it should have said post edition and not thread creation. No ?

Not that i'm really close to my CFD's ... but at this rate it will not take a lot of time before i'm poor on the forum too :D

Hi 711,

I think there is a little "issue" with the new CFD system.

I try to maintain the CND Mining Chart and this morning i had to make 2 consecutive editions of the 1st post of the thread where i maintain the list of ressources by dome.

Now if i look at my CFD transaction history i see the following transactions

Today, 09:31
New Thread
Spent 8.16 CFD

Today, 09:09
New Thread
Spent 8.15 CFD

Is it normal ? As i just edited the 1st post ... it should have said post edition and not thread creation. No ?

Not that i'm really close to my CFD's ... but at this rate it will not take a lot of time before i'm poor on the forum too :D

I am working out the last few wrinkles related to the recalculations made when a post is edited.

Please read the opening post (hint: transaction history section).

I read it ... it's why i asked the question.
I saw that the CFD's came back a bit later and i'm fine with that ... but it seems that when you edit the 1st post of the thread it is considered as a thread creation instead of a simple post edition (or am i completely confused ?)

So if i'm not wrong i will have to change my statement "At this rate it will not take a lot of time before i'm rich on the forum ;)"

Has our old EFD from both bank and avatar (i.e. the two places we used to have it, we could transfer it to "storage" and back) been converted to CFD? or is it lost?

Does the new CFD system also have a "bank" or "storage" like we used to before?

Has our old EFD from both bank and avatar (i.e. the two places we used to have it, we could transfer it to "storage" and back) been converted to CFD? or is it lost?

Does the new CFD system also have a "bank" or "storage" like we used to before?

These issues were addressed in the Forum Transition: Status Update thread:

The forum currency system has been now been restored. :yay:

All members' EFD balances have been carried over from EntropiaForum. Checking and savings balances have been combined into a single (non-interest earning) CFD account.

1. There is no plan to add a bank-like system that earns interest on CFDs. The purpose of the CFD system is to encourage members to be active on the forum, and to reward them for their contributions and participation. Sitting on a large pile of CFDs earning interest undermines that purpose.

Thanks for the information :cool:

glad to see the updates in place

I saw the refund, thank you!
Bjorn

I don't really see how "sitting on a pile of CFD" undermines the goal of activity. I had all my CFD in the bank, as I was saving up for advertising at some point.

What's wrong with that?

I don't really see how "sitting on a pile of CFD" undermines the goal of activity. I had all my CFD in the bank, as I was saving up for advertising at some point.

What's wrong with that?

'Sitting on a pile of CFDs' in and of itself does not undermine the purpose of the CFD System. However earning CFDs without any associated forum contributions/activity (as was possible in the old EFD bank system) does undermine the purpose.

'Sitting on a pile of CFDs' in and of itself does not undermine the purpose of the CFD System. However earning CFDs without any associated forum contributions/activity (as was possible in the old EFD bank system) does undermine the purpose.

Hmmm...
I hate it.
But I do see your point.

Event icons added to CFD Shop

All of the event-related icons (WoF & robot invasions) have been added to the CFD Shop.

The remaining weapon, equipment and misc. icons will be added later today and tomorrow.

yay for returning the icons and name/title customization ! :yay:

:tiphat:

*edit* I just realized that I bought the custom title and I don't see it :(

I guess my previous yay is for the parts that are actually working :/

I wonder if the 5k CFD was only for a 10 minute title change ? :laugh: :dunno:

please fix it ! :cry:

Last edited:
I thought it might fix itself .. but it did not :ahh:

is this a bug, or was the title 5k CFD/10 minutes ? :scratch:

just lettin' ya know and hopin' it's fixed soon'ish
it's not really all that important - just wondering ;)

Thanks 711!! I R pink again!! yay!
And glad to see your still alive :)

I thought it might fix itself .. but it did not :ahh:

is this a bug, or was the title 5k CFD/10 minutes ? :scratch:

just lettin' ya know and hopin' it's fixed soon'ish
it's not really all that important - just wondering ;)

I see in the logs that you did indeed purchase a custom user title. Are you sure that you entered the desired text in the form? I just tested it now, and it worked as expected. Several other members have also successfully purchased custom titles.

I have refunded the 5000 CFD back to you, please try purchasing a custom user title again, and let me know the results.

Thanks.

Are our Usernames bold by default as I just paid the 2k CFD to have it bolded and nothing appeared to change.

If thats the case can I get a refund for that purchase please?

I see in the logs that you did indeed purchase a custom user title. Are you sure that you entered the desired text in the form? I just tested it now, and it worked as expected. Several other members have also successfully purchased custom titles.
I have refunded the 5000 CFD back to you, please try purchasing a custom user title again, and let me know the results.
Thanks.

yes - it worked for about 10 minutes, I saw it on a few posts .. then boom - gone ! :laugh:
I thought maybe the system didn't like it ! :rofl:
ty for the prompt attention, as well as the refund :tiphat:

ps - Jod - I see you bolded, blue, and underlined ;)

Maybe you should point out somewhere that the forum can't cope with any hex code... i had to repurchase another 4k CFDs to use an approved hex code... :ahh:

Maybe you should point out somewhere that the forum can't cope with any hex code... i had to repurchase another 4k CFDs to use an approved hex code... :ahh:

Hex color codes work just fine when buying colored username/title styling, I just tested it.

FYI, info about about using hex color codes was provided in the CFD Shop - Selecting colors for custom username/title styling thread, which was posted the same moment the CFD Shop was launched.

Has the "bank system" totally been taken away from the CFD system now?

I so liked to earn interest on my EFD's when they were still with an E instead of the C :(

Back