Changing the avatar assignment to a planet

WolfStar

Old
I would like to suggest introducing the possibility of changing the account assignment to any selected planet.
Because, as we know, a percentage of our expenses is transferred to Planet Partner,
and often the quality of the service does not satisfy us.

We should be able to reassign the avatar to a planet one year after account creation.
Because there are many players who would like to support more the planet on which they spend more time.
And help in this way for better development for the studio and staff working on the Planet.
In many cases, the accounts were created at the urging without any prior knowledge of the game system.

Because, as we know, a percentage of our expenses is transferred to Planet Partner
Not gonna happen because above.
PP 'lured' you to create account on their planet.
It works like referral link, only it is set forever.

I would like to suggest introducing the possibility of changing the account assignment to any selected planet.
Because, as we know, a percentage of our expenses is transferred to Planet Partner,
and often the quality of the service does not satisfy us.

We should be able to reassign the avatar to a planet one year after account creation.
Because there are many players who would like to support more the planet on which they spend more time.
And help in this way for better development for the studio and staff working on the Planet.
In many cases, the accounts were created at the urging without any prior knowledge of the game system.

If you play on their planet and cycle ped, you help them.
If you just on their planet and not cycle ped, more % of 0 is still 0.

Makes sense and is a good suggestion.

There are also quests, rewards and perks associated with being born on specific planets this you should be able to choose.

I agree a timer of 1 year per change should be imposed.

Also, let us rename our avatars while doing so.

Not gonna happen because above.
PP 'lured' you to create account on their planet.
It works like referral link, only it is set forever.
Indeed lot of players are "PP 'lured' you to create account on their planet.",
as You say and after time we see what a mistake that was.

If you play on their planet and cycle ped, you help them.
If you just on their planet and not cycle ped, more % of 0 is still 0.
Here the point is that if Your Born on Planet PP recive 50% and MA 50%.
If your born on other planet PP got 25%, 25% goes to planet born and 50% to MA.

Thats why I suggest it as for lot of players who after time understand where they stay as mother planet,
and see quality of Dev studio and Staff working on it, then the conclusion is born,
that we dont want to support even with 1 pec such projects, but we want to support projects that deserve it.
As you know, more revenue for the studio, more opportunities at the table of talks with MA.

I was born on X and seeing how buisness model is running, and what quality of service I got in Y is main point that I would even pay for such transfer.
After speaking with more players witch same situation they aslo wish to have such option.

Dont know how to tag some MA worker. but would be good to hear if such an option can be at least put to table.

Dont know how to tag some MA worker. but would be good to hear if such an option can be at least put to table.

Well, I've been reading the thread, and can forward it as a suggestion at least... but I'll say that I personally do not think it's very likely to happen.

Well, I've been reading the thread, and can forward it as a suggestion at least... but I'll say that I personally do not think it's very likely to happen.
But thats not hard to make.
Only delate items that are made for planet born avatar.
Charge some amount even to make it, if its hard task.

As we know for example that population of planet can speed up development,
not only by cash spent, but numbers needed to implement some changes.

[Moderated: Removed rule violation]

It makes absolutely no sense why would this be done.
Bringing someone into the game by a PP is their effort and they should always have a small cut of player activity they brought in.

If a player REALLY wants to support one of the PPs they should

1. Avoid politics like this. Also avoid refusal to hunt X planet because how they do stuff and be vocal about it. MA is a game development company, not a government where you pay taxes with all the implications...
2. Go to that planet and consume their content.
3. Promote their content, do events, get the community excited about the things they think are good so more like that could be done.
4. Play the game. One PP does well, all PPs do well. Stop trying to divide them, they should act as one, they should have better communication, not rivalry. MA should have resources to instantly answer and work closely together with PPs to fix stuff, support and implemnet new features.

Trying to divide would only break the game...

It makes absolutely no sense why would this be done.
Bringing someone into the game by a PP is their effort and they should always have a small cut of player activity they brought in.

If a player REALLY wants to support one of the PPs they should

1. Avoid politics like this. Also avoid refusal to hunt X planet because how they do stuff and be vocal about it. MA is a game development company, not a government where you pay taxes with all the implications...
2. Go to that planet and consume their content.
3. Promote their content, do events, get the community excited about the things they think are good so more like that could be done.
4. Play the game. One PP does well, all PPs do well. Stop trying to divide them, they should act as one, they should have better communication, not rivalry. MA should have resources to instantly answer and work closely together with PPs to fix stuff, support and implemnet new features.

Trying to divide would only break the game...
But look for example at avatars born on Rock, there is no bug fix, no communication, its abandoned.
So where that PED burn go? No one knows. Nothing is changing.

But You also have PP that do whats best, and to have more in pocket and more POPULATION thats also important to unlock more stuff.
We as players can help in that way.
As we stay on some Planet and see that that 25% is going to wrong pocket.
For You maybe its not important who gain profit from your game.
But as I was speaking for past 2 months with others, there is big group who as told would even pay for that privilege.

I understand that this can hit also MA as avatars born mainly on Caly but living on PP give 75% to MA and again only 25% to Planet they stay.
But It would be nice from their side to give this chance.

But look for example at avatars born on Rock, there is no bug fix, no communication, its abandoned.
So where that PED burn go? No one knows. Nothing is changing.

But You also have PP that do whats best, and to have more in pocket and more POPULATION thats also important to unlock more stuff.
We as players can help in that way.
As we stay on some Planet and see that that 25% is going to wrong pocket.
For You maybe its not important who gain profit from your game.
But as I was speaking for past 2 months with others, there is big group who as told would even pay for that privilege.

I understand that this can hit also MA as avatars born mainly on Caly but living on PP give 75% to MA and again only 25% to Planet they stay.
But It would be nice from their side to give this chance.
Sorry don't mean to be blunt but it's noen of your business where the money go to if your avatar was RT born. Ofc ALL avatars in the game would choose later on the PP with more perks, but that's not how it should be.
RT thing is Neverdie's business and MA's business.

Nothing stops you from being a champion for the PP you love, if you really want to help. Bring the positive things in front, show what works good and PPs will follow, instead of showing me now you have a brig group that wants a divorce from your PP...
Focus on what you can do better in game, for you first, then for the entire game.

Last edited:
Sorry don't mean to be blunt but it's noen of your business where the money go to if your avatar was RT born. Ofc ALL avatars in the game would choose later on the PP with more perks, but that's not how it should be.
RT thing is Neverdie's business and MA's business.

Nothing stops you from being a champion for the PP you love, if you really want to help. Bring the positive things in front, show what works good and PPs will follow, instead of shiwing me now you have a brig group that want's a divorce from your PP...
Focus on what you can do better in game, for you first, then for the entire game.
Im focusing, thats why this suggestion, and I think its healthy to have posibility to change Planet we are bound, as it will help Planet we live, community on that Planet, and over all improve the system growth, as more of us living on X Planet wish to help as much as we can, for our community, we spent time together, have some bound, so why dont want our playground grow?

Instead we got that 25% gone, and thats a big % if You ask me.

I think if it was anyone besides WolfStar sugessting this, it would be better received.

I do think we should be able to change our alignment, not due to quests, perks etc. but due to the fact that PP can be bought and sold. I might support one owner but not the other.

I’d be completely okay with getting zero additional benefits EXCEPT having more go to a different PP.

Don’t you want to reward the PPs who actually produce good content? Who help the community grow and support their player base?

Im focusing, thats why this suggestion, and I think its healthy to have posibility to change Planet we are bound, as it will help Planet we live, community on that Planet, and over all improve the system growth, as more of us living on X Planet wish to help as much as we can, for our community, we spent time together, have some bound, so why dont want our playground grow?

This is some bullshit. Who said I don't want it to grow? I'm saying you're stuck in the wrong mentality, you think this is a goverment and you want to change country to pay taxes somewhere else. It's not. It's their business and you don't know how a planet spends their profits, nor yu should or have any interest to find out because it's not yur business. But you can help tremendously if you focus on the things you can actually change.

Don’t you want to reward the PPs who actually produce good content? Who help the community grow and support their player base?
Oh absolutely 100%. But that is done by consuming and promoting their content not by changing the point of origin. Changing the point of origin is not OK, because people will do it for the wrong reasons most of the times. Again, whoever got you in the game, it's their right to get revenue off of you forever. It's their work and players should not be able to take that away from them. For any reason.

Think of it this way what you are suggesting is effectively punishing a PP. Even if that is not your intention that's exactly what it will amount to. Say something like what you suggest is implemented then some players may and will make use of that for various different reasons and as a consequence some PP may gain new income and some PP may loose their income. The PP that loose income may already be fairly bad off which may be the reason for no new development and then they will be hit with this which may effectively mean they are bankrupt they may not be even able to afford to pay basic upkeep. What happens to all the people who invested in that PP's shops and other investments? They may also be at a loss as well.

Only solution for the bankrupt PP may be to sell to someone but who would want to buy a PP that is making a loss it would make no economic sense. Perhaps someone may buy and hope to turn it around but it'll be difficult to impossible if the players who designated a different PP as their planet of choice are not allowed to change it again.

MA may have no choice but to even delete that PP.

Basically to cut it short this kind of action will have a negative impact on the whole game as anything you buy e.g. shops will be less secure. That is investing in the game will be too risky and not worth it. Hence, the game itself may decline to bankruptcy and the game may not exist anymore.

Instead of punishing any PP what you can to is support a PP that you want, the game allows that as others have suggested above. This is a far more effective tool for you than you may imagine and it's healthier for the whole game.

Last edited:
Oh absolutely 100%. But that is done by consuming and promoting their content not by changing the point of origin. Changing the point of origin is not OK, because people will do it for the wrong reasons most of the times. Again, whoever got you in the game, it's their right to get revenue off of you forever. It's their work and players should not be able to take that away from them. For any reason.
I disagree, does Popcap still get revenue from me for getting me into Runescape?

It's silly to think that companies and PP don't change and why should they be rewarded forever for doing 1 thing? They could also be the reason that people LEAVE the game. So it can go both ways.
Think of it this way what you are suggesting is effectively punishing a PP.
This currently hurts PP also because PP who haven't tried in years are getting rewarded for something they are no longer doing.

I PERSONALLY want PP who are actively trying and making effort with the community to be rewarded the most. If other people don't feel that way that's fine, but I think it's fucked that people can ride their high from a decade ago and not have to do anything now because of the "glory days".

The same thing happens with the stock market, you do bad shit, you lose the benefits.

just make a new account on the new planet and then 'sell' all your old crap to that n00b you ar eplaying. Technically you cannot have 2 avatars, especially if they are on different planets according to the rules, but history seems to indicate that the bigwigs do thas all of the time. That's why the banks had their own avatars after all.

I think maybe too much is being made out of this. The VAST amount of any income sent to planets and/or land owners is derived from your decay and decided by where you perform your hunting/mining/crafting, not where you were born.

If you are unhappy with whatever planet you started on, move to another planet and play there. When you do that, the amount given back to your home planet is next to zero.

Problem solved.

As for certain missions/bonuses for planet-specific born players, well, that's exactly why they were made by those planet owners. If you could "change" your "citizenship", why would they bother making those little treats with such restrictions?

When you do that, the amount given back to your home planet is next to zero.
It’s not next to 0 though. Wouldn’t you be happy with a 25% raise? I would love that. I’d be pissed if I got only a 2% raise though.

It’s not next to 0 though. Wouldn’t you be happy with a 25% raise? I would love that. I’d be pissed if I got only a 2% raise though.
If you are born on planet A, but move to planet B and spend 100 ped in decay there:
* How much does planet A get of that 100 ped decay?
* How much does planet B get of that 100 ped decay?

If you are born on planet A, but move to planet B and spend 100 ped in decay there:
* How much does planet A get of that 100 ped decay?
* How much does planet B get of that 100 ped decay?
Planet A 25 ped(unless it’s calypso)
Planet B 25 ped(unless it’s calypso)

ok, so by leaving, you remove 25% income and give it to where you prefer to play. Sounds reasonable to me.

If lower income to a PP (or more accurately potential for more income) does not induce them to put any effort in, then yes, that planet will be stagnant until such time as a new owner can come revitalize it. Same as any business.

This has happened before, will happen again. See Next Island, Treasure Island, all Akoz's old LAs, IIRC., etc..

you think this is a goverment and you want to change country to pay taxes somewhere else.
If it taxes like a government, censors like a government, sells bonds like a government, controls supply and demand like a government... Well, it just may be a government.

Why you guys have problem understanding why it will not be changed, ever?

It's really simple.
MA have contract with PP, that among all other things regulates revenue streams.
All players who registered via referral of PP, will ensure portion of revenue to go to that PP, even if you spend PED elsewhere.

Same agreement about referral benefits will be for 4 egg owners (crypto eggs), and rumor is that some individuals in past also had referral agreements with MA.
I wonder if Epic will also get similar referral income (if UE5 isn't abandoned...).

MA can't just change it because "you have a group of players who want that".
I'm not sure what smallprint is in those agreements, but I imagine it's legally impossible to change agreements like that without some rare circumstance listed in smallprint, ir without being sued.

There, hope you can now see it clearly.

It's really simple.
MA have contract with PP, that among all other things regulates revenue streams.
Contracts are never simple. Especially as most contracts expire/get renewed.

What’s wrong with having a conversation about it?

Mindark is a business first and a videogames company second.
At the end of the day it’s just people having a conversation, which is okay. Conversations are what makes the game fun.

I disagree, does Popcap still get revenue from me for getting me into Runescape?

It's silly to think that companies and PP don't change and why should they be rewarded forever for doing 1 thing? They could also be the reason that people LEAVE the game. So it can go both ways.

This currently hurts PP also because PP who haven't tried in years are getting rewarded for something they are no longer doing.

I PERSONALLY want PP who are actively trying and making effort with the community to be rewarded the most. If other people don't feel that way that's fine, but I think it's fucked that people can ride their high from a decade ago and not have to do anything now because of the "glory days".

The same thing happens with the stock market, you do bad shit, you lose the benefits.
What if companies change? There is a contract that is gonna include the number of avatars born on that planet. While people here think of punishing RT for its lack of updates and communication, later on, after bugged event or some weird thing a bunch of snowflakes will start a movement and advise everyone to leave X planet because some random silly argument. It's gonna create a shit show for no particular good reason.

Creating communities and activities around planets that do nice work for their customers is a great ay to support them. And stop saying anyone is saying otherwise, we all believe some planets are doing an amazing work (and they should be recognized for that) while others don't, or don't do anything at all. Having the slacking planets empty is enough. Stop looking for further punishement and put your pitchforks down. The dude payed for his It's something that should not be players concern how they split the taxes... the deal may have very well chaged in teh meantime and it could be totally different now. It is still the last thing players need to be concerned with tbh..

What’s wrong with having a conversation about it?
In this case, because it's not your contract. You have no legal involvement in it. This is biz owner vs franchise owner, and you/me are simply a customer.

Put together your own team to run a new planet, negotiate a contract w/ MA based on how you think it should be, (including leting customer you spent money marketing to be able to remove your share if they like someone else's planet better) then sign on the dotted line and get to building.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with on that new planet. I always enjoy new content.

If it taxes like a government, censors like a government, sells bonds like a government, controls supply and demand like a government... Well, it just may be a government.
No it's not. And you (we) don't have any saying in it except pressing "I decline" or "I accept". Playing the game is a privilege and no one owes you(us) shit. Understand that and your life will be much better, you will be free to create something sustainable for yourself rather than chase how your pec is split and who you support the most.

I hope you're not expecting any pension from the taxes you pay here :D

Back