Help: Character is pure black

press O-advanced-shading quality to Low

Am running an ATI 4850 card.

No issues viewing the graphics although the avatar recreation room seems to show the ava's skin texture as "flickering" - probably due to the lighting they have provided in the room. Everytime the ava moves slightly, the skin texture "flickers" to a different tone and back again. Obvious when you are zoomed into the face.

Once I logged in, was able to see everything fine.

I have ati x2300

Had the same problem at the beginning, but after some graphic tweaking its all good now :)
(even got the game running pretty well with medium graph) :yay:

Same here. Black avatar made of tiny triangles.

ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 Series

(it's a laptop, so there's no option for gfx card update for me :mad:)

Ok, a simple re-installation of EU solved my problem with Black avatars and some other graphic-glitches.

You're like a ninjaaaaaaaa

Am running an ATI 4850 card.

No issues viewing the graphics although the avatar recreation room seems to show the ava's skin texture as "flickering" - probably due to the lighting they have provided in the room. Everytime the ava moves slightly, the skin texture "flickers" to a different tone and back again. Obvious when you are zoomed into the face.

Once I logged in, was able to see everything fine.

I saw the same on my brothers laptop (Nvidia 9600M GT), on the PC (ATI 9600Pro) and ingame all avatars and creatures are blue outside and black indoors :laugh:

x800XT here too!

:yay:

I created my avatar on my laptop. Sexy.

Now I can login and play :wtg: My avatar does through a spectrum of colors from being completely black like that to completely purple, yellow, pink, blue, green..

It's fun!

Please note that MA has stated ''as long as it has shaders 3.0" a long time ago already, this is not a suprice.

Unfortunatly I see some people slipt true the mace, not nice for you guys

Curiously bots render nicely :confused:

Please note that MA has stated ''as long as it has shaders 3.0" a long time ago already, this is not a suprice.

Unfortunatly I see some people slipt true the mace, not nice for you guys

I doubt thats the problem atleast not for me, mine has 4.0 and still shows bs graphics with a black avatar...

I have pitch black avatar and my graphics card is a radeon 9600 XT.

Friend of mine is having a Radeon Xpress1250
Black ava in avatarcreation, she can see the
avacreation menu but when she messed with
it nothing happend to the ava..

If she Alt+Tab and then back she can see the
ava for like 2-3 seconds as it should be viewd.

Im havin gthe same problem with my NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

i know its not a fix for the problem but try running through the mall... i have no idea why :confused: but when i run through certain parts on twin and pa mall, my toon will show.. then it seems as though my computer gets used to displaying the ava or something because it will be fine and dandy for the remainder of the session untill i log out... hope this helps for anyone just wanting to see their ava

X850XT here and same problem.
Guess I'll wait till someone comes up with a fix or a workaround before I create my ava before I log in.
Ah well, it's about time I did some gardening anyway.

;( NVIDIA 8800 GTS . BLACK AVA.s!!!!

Not even talking about the "create avator" it whas all blue and glacy + dark ava. i could hardly see if it whas a female avator or not.

MA help us !!(wich i dont doubt your trying)
make us the update against black avators ,and give us the chance to restyle our avators ,whitout graphical interuptments.

guess i will be out in the sun for awile.
Greetss
HAZE

ok:

Desktop: 2 gig RAM / ATI 850 / all latest drivers etc bla bla bla => Black avatars, hard to move, GFX look awefull.

So,

I switched to my Laptop

> NVIDEA 9600 m / 4 GIG RAM / QUAD core .. all drivers up to date bla bla bla...
Black screen.

I can play ALL other games that are out there (wich I tried ofc) with either my desktop / Laptop. I can use the complete CS4 (adobe) without ANY problem. Maya3D / Cinema4D / Maxwell.. (all of wich are a tad heavy fr your machine...) .. but I just fail to play EU ..... LOL .. this just isn't funny anymore LOL (or is it? :D)

:wtg:we need a FIX MA.. :wtg: we need a f*cking FIX* and soon lol

black

nothing wrong with being pure black my people. LOLOLOL hahahahahah heheheheheeh

say it loud, Im black and Im proud LOLOLOLOL

seriously good luck with your problems in MA. I said it before and I say it now, they should compensate everyone with better loot until they work out the kinks and bugs. Almost every animal and Mining hit, should have something I dont care if it is one bullet, but something.

Hm... earlyer my character would change colors depending on what the background light was...

I have the same black avatar and can't hardly choose options. Very slow.
I have a toshiba laptop with:
AMD Turion 64x2 mobile technology TL-56.
CPU 1.7 ghz
RAM 3.4 GB
OS Microsoft Vista Home
ATI Radeon X1200
Direct X 10

Character detail - set to low
Shader - set to low

Its like people said shader 3.0 that is the problem.

But ppl with shader 3.0 have posted stating they have black ava's too...

Confirmed. Plugged out my ATI X850 XT, plugged in a GeForce 9600 GT - avatars still black and most mobs still not rendering correctly (Furors look okay funnily...).

I actually managed to fix the pb with my pissy graphics and black/blue glowing ava, but it took a while... I installed win 7 instead of the vista i was running and problem was completely gone, susprising seeing MA supports vista and not 7 :rolleyes: but well pb solved for me atleast :)

I actually managed to fix the pb with my pissy graphics and black/blue glowing ava, but it took a while... I installed win 7 instead of the vista i was running and problem was completely gone, susprising seeing MA supports vista and not 7 :rolleyes: but well pb solved for me atleast :)

:eek: > what GFX card do you use please?

win7 and your ava is back to normal? :eek:

:eek: and maybe :wtg: but mainly :eek:

Back