Charity in EU

Cookie

Mature
Staiser Cookie Nugget
Hello Everyone. I got this idea last day when my school announced that we should take a day of and earn money for charity. Some will take an extra job like cleaning or working in a store. Other will be preforming on the street for some money.

Now i wonder, do you think that buy standing and shouting at Twin that I am collecting money for charity that someone will give me anything?

It is fo a good cause (all money are for building schools in afrika)

:yay:

//Cookie

You will get nothing in Twin I asure you.
Post here some proof like pictures with teachers and stuff like that.

There is already charity in EU. It's called "Playing for free while others deposit and keep MA's lights turned on and Marco in a paycheck".

AG

Hello Everyone. I got this idea last day when my school announced that we should take a day of and earn money for charity. Some will take an extra job like cleaning or working in a store. Other will be preforming on the street for some money.

Now i wonder, do you think that buy standing and shouting at Twin that I am collecting money for charity that someone will give me anything?

//Cookie
Ask MA for a charity donation ;)

Operation Dagsverken

You dont mean for serious matters that someone would give you ped for honoustly and harf-paying peds to a person i dont know? And for charity also?
To be honoust to you mate there is no possibility what so ever that other gamers would give you their looted/deposited ped that they surely need ingame while the bad loots is hanging over our heads?

And also there is nothing more like a scammer who gets peds for free in this game, i dont say that you are a scammer but ppl here need their peds for themselves.

Why dont you go out on the school-project "operation dagsverken" and maybe put wood logs against a big wall and earn the 50-100 swedish crowns yourself?

When I was at school i had to make that project more than once and last time i took a free day and took the money from my own pocket and got a free day from school...

regards Ledeye

I had a similar idea about 10 months ago, short after christmas, I was asking MA directly why there aren't charity organisations in EU (in form of a "special TT" that only gives 90% of the TT value to the players and the rest goes to a charity organization), so the player would have the chance to decide if he gives 10% of the value when he TT something wo a organization. There was the response that MA will think about it, but well, if they realize it, it'll take some time (like the vehicles / new planets) ;)

Well since I don't even know where afrika is, I don't think you will be getting my ped. I assume you mean africa.

Point is...

1. no one will believe you.

2. are you going to take what people give you, put it on your ped card and then take the equal amount of real life cash out of your wallet to give.

I would explain in more detail the exact procedure you will be doing to turn ped into real money to give to them. It can take 60 to 90 days to get the actual ped turned into real money for you to use so your only option is to use the second point i mentioned.

Also, if that is what you plan on doing, you would probably have a better chance asking here and not in game as most people will think/report you as a scammer.

You could explain the ped to cash in real life issue, have people willing to donate post here, and in the end show actual proof you gave the money to them.

Good luck and hope this helps.

Well since I don't even know where afrika is, I don't think you will be getting my ped. I assume you mean africa.

Africa is spelled Afrika in Swedish so it is a right spelled word in my eyes and he is at school so in my eyes he is a very good speller in english. Much better than me...
IN other case Swedish is wrong because it is spelled Svenska in swedish ;)

Regards Ledeye

Last edited:
So now I know what you think and most of you confirmed my thoughts.

"People will keep the money for the selves, they need there own money etc"

Was exactly those answers I where expecting. And probably those answers I would have given my self.

But if people on a game cant lend of a Ped or two (common, a ped is actually nothing) then i can understand why we ain't giving money to charity in our real lives.

I think that EU witch started as a great game with a real cash economy turned out to be something even bigger. It become life it self. Where the strongest survive and the week and friendly disappear.

But if that is a bad thing or not is up to you. Maby that's what we need, something serious.

But my question is, have you ever helped an OJ or anyone in EU? I mean financially! (rescuing them from an outpost is not enough).

// Cookie, never deposited and learned the hard way. Net worth approximately 3000ped + skills

Just for what it's worth...

... I know people who help others financially in this game.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those people who have given away minor (and to my way of thinking not so minor) items to me for free, and also to those who have sold me things at TT instead of markup.

I won't name names, but I _do_ have a list of you all...
So I can tell the OP that there are far more than just one or two.

So... thank you all.
You make the world a nicer place.

So now I know what you think and most of you confirmed my thoughts.

Was exactly those answers I where expecting. And probably those answers I would have given my self.

But if people on a game cant lend of a Ped or two (common, a ped is actually nothing) then i can understand why we ain't giving money to charity in our real lives.

I think that EU witch started as a great game with a real cash economy turned out to be something even bigger. It become life it self. Where the strongest survive and the week and friendly disappear.

But if that is a bad thing or not is up to you. Maby that's what we need, something serious.

But my question is, have you ever helped an OJ or anyone in EU? I mean financially! (rescuing them from an outpost is not enough).

// Cookie, never deposited and learned the hard way. Net worth approximately 3000ped + skills
Pfft... What a load of crap.

There are so many reasons why it's better to donate in real life, than to give our money to you, if we want to help the poor in Africa:
1: Withdraws usually takes 2-3 months. You need the money in 2 weeks.
2: Can we trust you at all? (Especially since you can't get the money OUT)
3: The fees are unnecessary cost
4: It's seems more about helping YOU than helping people in Africa

Lots of good reasons, and yet you conclude that people just don't want to help. How about you get your butt moving and help out, instead of trying to get a day off from school and just play EU, and then accuse people here of not caring? :rolleyes:

-rep from me, and now stfu with complaints about people not wanting to help poor people in Africa. We DO that. (Some of us)

Africa is spelled Afrika in Swedish so it is a right spelled word in my eyes and he is at school so in my eyes he is a very good speller in english. Much better than me...

Regards Ledeye

Zomg.. I want to learn Svenska. WTB language tutor (err a free one :laugh: )

Nope not a good idea mate sry.

You have got nothing to show as prof to want your doin, and 20 $ is no problem earing out side EU in Sweden..

Hmm, this sounds like a good marketing idea to get kids Playing MA. Video Game donates to school charity in return for thier souls...ok maybe not that extreme but close :laugh: if your worth 3k ped no problem getting $20 from your self right? Also sounds like you have enough time to "Sweat" it out. Sounds like you got tons of options. If your really interested in the panhandhandleing aspect of things I think RL will give you surprisingly good results.

I am not the one not helping ppl off, i sure as my daughter is named Tindra has been helping lots of ppl ingame and irl..
Being in Kosovo -97-98 and helping ppl to be able to have clothes on their bodies and food on the tables instead of paying ingame peds to a person shouting that it is a collective-thing to Africa.
I have a monthly paying to Red cross with a smaller amount of money each month and i also help homeless ppl irl that sells their own made newspaper just to be able to have a roof over their head.

So just because of a thread that we would have charity online i dont see the reason whining that you wont get money so u can buy yourself a mod-fap or a adj v1...

Regards Led

Pfft... What a load of crap.

There are so many reasons why it's better to donate in real life, than to give our money to you, if we want to help the poor in Africa:
1: Withdraws usually takes 2-3 months. You need the money in 2 weeks.
2: Can we trust you at all? (Especially since you can't get the money OUT)
3: The fees are unnecessary cost
4: It's seems more about helping YOU than helping people in Africa

Lots of good reasons, and yet you conclude that people just don't want to help. How about you get your butt moving and help out, instead of trying to get a day off from school and just play EU, and then accuse people here of not caring? :rolleyes:

-rep from me, and now stfu with complaints about people not wanting to help poor people in Africa. We DO that. (Some of us)

Wow Ved, easy mate ;)

-> There is no need to neg rep him imho, if you check the link > you'll have some proof.

-> If I understood him well, he's not withdrawing the money, he's gonna put it on his ped card, and take money out of his wallet.

-> Cut the guy some slack, he was just thinking of an original way to gather money for charity, it shows that he is 'bitten' by the EU addiction :laugh:

-> Yes, it might be better to try something else, Cookie: go and wash some cars, try to earn a lot more that day and deposit the extra gain in EU!

-> Is everybody THAT freaking paranoid these days? well... it seems so, but in this case there is no need for flaming him away like that.

stop bashing him, and give him alternatives ffs

Regards
BB

We can learn you more words.. ;)

Hej jag heter ultimababe = hey my name is ultimababe

Vilket underbart väder det är = What a wonderful weather it is

skål tamejfan = cheers :beerchug:

Everyone who's been in a swedish school knows about Operation Dagsverke...
And OD is about standing out in the streets freezing your ass off (always in november), feeling silly, dancing, singing or whatever, so get out there! :D

Last edited:
Interesting Idea but imho, not gonna work :scratch2:

Cut the guy some slack, he was just thinking of an original way to gather money for charity, it shows that he is 'bitten' by the EU addiction :laugh:
You got me slightly wrong I think...
- I know about OD, though that doesn't prove anything.
- I didn't mind his attempt to collect for charity either.
- And I'm not saying that he's a scammer. (Though there's no way to know)

But this post of his pissed me off big time:

Was exactly those answers I where expecting...

But if people on a game cant lend of a Ped or two ... then i can understand why we ain't giving money to charity in our real lives.

Geeez, still pisses me off. :laugh:

Ask MA for a charity donation ;)
As it a Swedish charity, ask straight out for a donation..mention you are player (assuming you are old enough)
Suggest that they might like to donate a % of the repair revenue for a day.
That way that they promotion the charity through their own ingame (advert boards) & locally in rl.

my :twocents:

I take this in Swedish:

Inte en chans att någon kommer at tge dig något. Men Operation dagsverkebössa skulle du ju i alla fall se riktig ut. Där har du en plomberad bössa, i EU finns inga som helst garantier för att du inte stoppar pengarna eller en del av dom i egen ficka.

Dessutom så får du ett problem. Det tar mer än en dag att få ut pengarna från EU, så även om du skulle få lite pengar skulle det vara besvärligt och tidsödande för dig att få ut pengarna i tid.

Gör som alla andra, arbeta på riktigt istället. EU är bara en våt dröm om att tjäna pengar utan insats.

A little late to this thread, but as Mathayus mentioned I used to do ingame events to raise money for rl charities. I had really high hopes for that effort back then, and it did work, BUT, looking back honestly at it all, it is something that required loads of work and the ability to have the rl cash in hand yourself, and to be a 'known' player or supported by well known players.

In many ways it was no different than doing a charity fund raisier irl, and I do think the effort and committment involved would not go down well with a younger person doing some sort of school project. Plus, the game itself has changed now, and the player base, and after I took a long break for illness/rl reasons, I don't think I could successfully do those events again now because of so many changes.

There always have been and always will be players doing nice things ingame for newbies for example, but as for raising real cash for rl charity, if you aren't devoted to doing it hardcore and if you don't have a very tough skin, don't do it. Just asking for ped at a tp somewhere will get you a bad name and not much more.

You dont expect me to post "Hey today I gave a pistol and ammo to an OJ!" ?

Usually the people that got helped will post on the forum... :)

You got 3000 PED, here we go :p

Asking for PED by posting a website of "Operatin Dagsverke" ? Come on...

A special TT-Charity-Machine inside PE would be something else though.

Swedish lessons for free:'

http://lexin.nada.kth.se/bildteman.html

It's so called image themes. Click on one link and you get a big picture with stuff and there Swedish name.

This link goes to images AND sound :)
http://www.skolutveckling.se/vaxthuset/bildteman/

And the last one is with movies and sound if you like.
http://www.skolutveckling.se/vaxthuset/lexinanim/

Gimme a call when you feel you manage:D

//Cookie

Better go get a IRL 1 day work something, you're only looking for an excuse to play EU a whole day :p

Regards Ledeye

Well thanks for clearing that up. Don't really care, but thanks anyways.

On topic, I think if you would have clearly stated how the money was going to them from you some people may have donated.

Don't think the best way was to resond the way you did. Was a little snotty and harsh. Some people were actually trying to help you, not bash you.

Back