Help: chat window on dashboard gone

Robin

Prowler
Society
Soldiers of Fortune
Mayana maya Riechert
my chat and global window on my dashboard is gone. it says its an internal error and i cant get a screenshot of that because my screenie isn't working

my chat and global window on my dashboard is gone. it says its an internal error and i cant get a screenshot of that because my screenie isn't working

Some others and im too have this same issue (for like 2 years now), no chat window, HOF board not updates when changing page, auctioneer not updates when changing page if ever loads in, professional windows need half min to open after a click.
Nothing you can do but relog, as many times as it takes to get the game running.

Sometimes the chat windows appear a few sec later, but rest of the UI still not works properly and need relog.

Tried all the reinstall and etc support told, not worked.

Sometimes its happens more often, sometimes its not, currently i can say its a better period here, rarely have the bug at first launch of the game, like 1-2 days of the week. There were times when bug happend every day for weeks.

Sometimes its good for the 2nd relog, sometimes it took like 6-7 relog to get the game working properly.
Those days i was really considering the uninstall option, it is very annoying you want to play and need to log in 6-7 times to get the game running properly.

Seems like avatar issue, not PC related, i have this issue on both my PC and on laptop, while never had anything similar in any other game.
Also somebody else said he had this issue with his avatar, but same PC they logged to the avatar of a family member, no issue, logged out and back to his own avatar, same issue again, so most probably really avatar bound thing as im too suspected.

Once you get a working launch, most probably you are fine, its very rare the bug happens later during gameplay, but funny i say, it just happend 2 times in the close past, but watching past 2 years its very rare.
Guess its also dynamic.

press PRTSCR then CTRL+C (this is to copy the print), then go to paint and press CTRL+V (this is to paste the print) and you have your printscreen.

press PRTSCR then CTRL+C (this is to copy the print), then go to paint and press CTRL+V (this is to paste the print) and you have your printscreen.
Or you find "Screenshot" in the action library>System and hotkey it on "PRTSCR".
Then hitting PRTSCR saves a screenshot in the EU directory C:\...\Entropia Universe\public_users_data\screenshots.
Also useful when you manually want to save a great HoF without using automated 3rd party software for this.
Select in Options, if you like it being .png or .jpg .

If you get a "connection lost" message when you're logging in, always wait for for another that says "timeout occurred" (usually takes 15...45 seconds), and only then make another attempt.

This is what happens when you don't wait for the second message.

If you get a "connection lost" message when you're logging in, always wait for for another that says "timeout occurred" (usually takes 15...45 seconds), and only then make another attempt.

this is not the problem
Iv'e decided to not play until the problem is resolved. No answer yet from support.

I have this issue for like 2 years now, but i have never seen your connection lost thing during that 2 years, so its sure not the problem :D
Posting to this thread just jinxed my current better period, today had to log in 4 times to finally get the game running properly :ROFLMAO:

If possible, test via another internet connection.

It happens to me sometimes when i connect with mobile data , it's definately connection issue that stops the chat to get load i can play like hunt and get loot in inventory but won't see the loot in top left corner .

It's still not working. No answer from support. I am not playing atm now and just taking a break i guess till i get an answer and it fixes.

Open up Action Library, find "Desktop Icons" and "Dashboard" and "ScreenShot" commands and assign them to a quick key... Then hit them to toggle on and off and see if that makes any difference? I'm always using those to clear icons from screen to do screen prints. Sounds like a different problem, but may not be?

I was able to get my chat interface working some . My refiner didn't want to work so i relogged and my chat interface went away and i couldn't get it back arghhhh. I'm just so bugged now. Support doesn't answer at all.

It happens to me sometimes when i connect with mobile data , it's definately connection issue that stops the chat to get load i can play like hunt and get loot in inventory but won't see the loot in top left corner .
yes, this is happening to me too..I have to relog many many times sometimes to get it to work

Chat interface still not working all the time..If i'm lucky it sometimes works. I sometimes have to relog into the game 10 times or more to get it to pop up

Since the datacenter maintenance at december this UI / chat / interface issue got way worse at here.
Before that i was able to just relog and after some tries its worked finally, since the datacenter maintenance, there is no ammount of relog solves it, there is chat almost every time, but everything is bugging, slow, terrible to play like that.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...urbance-notice-datacenter-maintenance.297704/

Support answered the same in december as what they did 1,5 years ago, check patchnotes, or in other words, "get lost, we dont care".
If the game engine have any part of this issue to happen might it will go away at UE5 launch, if not connected, i wont get my hopes up to ever be able to play normally again. I have this issue since 3 years now, seems like MA not able or not willing to solve the problem.

My refiner didn't want to work

Yes, refiner is funny at the bugged UI. Equipp, push use. Than open storage, and wait for the storage to load in your stuff, takes a 15-30 sec and maybe need a 2nd try to finally happen, than you can use the refiner once, wont work for 2nd time, you have to close storage and refiner, and re-do this, use, open storage, when storage loaded in, refiner will work again for 1 use :D

If you have this UI issue, mining is not an option anymore :D

PRT SCR -> CTRL + C -> CTRL + B -> CTRL + C -> R -> CTRL + ALT -> [remove all HDMI devices] -> B -> H -> [adjust laptop screen angle to π/3 radians] -> R -> CTRL -> CTRL -> CTRL -> [open Paint] ->[jiggle mouse] -> CTRL + V also works.

Yes, refiner is funny at the bugged UI. Equipp, push use. Than open storage, and wait for the storage to load in your stuff, takes a 15-30 sec and maybe need a 2nd try to finally happen, than you can use the refiner once, wont work for 2nd time, you have to close storage and refiner, and re-do this, use, open storage, when storage loaded in, refiner will work again for 1 use :D

If you have this UI issue, mining is not an option anymore :D
yes exactly whats happening to me

Tonight is useless no luck getting my chat interface to pop up. I hate playing without it. I can't see any system messages or if anyone is trying to chat me or the trade channel or anything basically. It's really annoying. I would never deposit without the chat interface. I have relogged too many times and am about tired of it.
I've got another game to log into and deposit into. So be it if Mindark doesn't want to help us with this horrible bug!!!
They closed both my support cases about it and the problem isn't fixed by a long shot.

It hasn't popped up for several days now. I'm worried it's permanently gone.

It hasn't popped up for several days now. I'm worried it's permanently gone.

There are some hope, but tbh not much, definetly not better than 50-50% as the issue that affect our gameplay is not only UI related issue, or not at all. More like something between our client/account and MA connection thing, everything lagging that need to get information from somewhere to tell that to us, like opening AH, professions, storage, HOF board, event page, everything that need to check what should be shown there is terribly slow and lagging.

Stuff in inventory or equipped on weapons, so stuff that is carried by us loads in instantly every time, but stuff we dont carry, tooks ages to load in.
It is not internet issue, issue is in the game.

Its just the chat what we notice first as "not working" as it not shows up, says internal error, please restart, but for example for me that chat not shows up almost completly gone since december. Before that i had to login 1-5 times to get everything work properly, and when it was not worked properly, the chat also not popped. Since december datacenter maintenance, the chat always shows up, but the game always have this issue at every single launch.
The before december was way better, it was just annoying to relog a few times, but since december the game is unplayable here.

Have no idea what causes the problem, maybe something with the UI, and its rare, only affect a few peoples, i have heard like 5-6 cases total, if something in the UI is the reason that causing this, there is chance its go away with the new UI update, but not sure.
As somebody else with the same issue already wrote, its more like an account related issue.

He logged into his account, same issue as we have. He logged off and logged into an other account (a friend of him as i remember), everything worked perfectly. Back to his own account, UI again not worked.
Also in the past 3 years i have tried multiple devices, multiple internet connections, the issue was there with every one of them so i belive to the guy who tested with multiple accounts and said its account related thing.
So to be honest, i dont really think the 50-50% is really 50-50% and not like 90-10% in favor of the issue will stay after the update too, but lets hope.

There are some hope, but tbh not much, definetly not better than 50-50% as the issue that affect our gameplay is not only UI related issue, or not at all. More like something between our client/account and MA connection thing, everything lagging that need to get information from somewhere to tell that to us, like opening AH, professions, storage, HOF board, event page, everything that need to check what should be shown there is terribly slow and lagging.

Stuff in inventory or equipped on weapons, so stuff that is carried by us loads in instantly every time, but stuff we dont carry, tooks ages to load in.
It is not internet issue, issue is in the game.

Its just the chat what we notice first as "not working" as it not shows up, says internal error, please restart, but for example for me that chat not shows up almost completly gone since december. Before that i had to login 1-5 times to get everything work properly, and when it was not worked properly, the chat also not popped. Since december datacenter maintenance, the chat always shows up, but the game always have this issue at every single launch.
The before december was way better, it was just annoying to relog a few times, but since december the game is unplayable here.

Have no idea what causes the problem, maybe something with the UI, and its rare, only affect a few peoples, i have heard like 5-6 cases total, if something in the UI is the reason that causing this, there is chance its go away with the new UI update, but not sure.
As somebody else with the same issue already wrote, its more like an account related issue.

He logged into his account, same issue as we have. He logged off and logged into an other account (a friend of him as i remember), everything worked perfectly. Back to his own account, UI again not worked.
Also in the past 3 years i have tried multiple devices, multiple internet connections, the issue was there with every one of them so i belive to the guy who tested with multiple accounts and said its account related thing.
So to be honest, i dont really think the 50-50% is really 50-50% and not like 90-10% in favor of the issue will stay after the update too, but lets hope.
I have all the same issues you have

Try in the launcher to set the connection speed to dailup.
If dailup does not work try any of the other really low speeds.
It can fix the chatboxes (in most cases... but is not a permanent fix... it's a roll of the dice) but breaks/disables all other usercontent like facemasks and signs in the game.

This has actually driven some players into quitting the game cause loot also goes thru the chat system. ( this is why your refiner does not work you can't send a "refine this" message and it can't send you a "you used this up and you got this back" message )
Cause if you create an account and try to create your avatar while the chat fails to connect you wont drop into the character creation screen you will just get an default avatar in a black room with some background music (the person that discovered this whent "great game" while laughing his butt off).

I wish MA would investigate this more but it's when the game client fails to connect to the "chat" server and a theory is that setting your connection speed to dailup increases the "timeout" before the client gives up.
Or at least i wish MA would give a more infomative error message to help them figure out why it failed.

I'we seen people having this issue on their normal ISP and then parking their butt on a starbucks with laggy wifi or switching over to their cellphones internet ( hotspot ) and it just works so part of me suspect it can be a geolocation issue since the one thing in common the people that had this issue have is they been (1) Central and (2) West side of America and an (1) Aussie vs East coast or Europe.

We did in one case rule out ISP or IDS (It's a firewall feature in some consumer routers) blocks getting triggered as a "fault" issue.

The sad part is both MA support and the Live Support will give you the most basic of templets of things to try that does not really help you... or may make it work once and then be very quick at blaming your actual PC.
So you will be wasting days/weeks/months on verifying files.. reinstalling.. turning it off and on again... restarting your router.
And let's say 1/10 times the connection actually manages to connect and you go "yey! problem solved!" and next day it fails again so you would need to once again restart that whole process with livesupport or MA support and go thru the same process again hence why i added "weeks/months" in there.

Last edited:
It can fix the chatboxes (in most cases... but is not a permanent fix... it's a roll of the dice) but breaks/disables all other usercontent like facemasks and signs in the game.

This has actually driven some players into quitting the game cause loot also goes thru the chat system. ( this is why your refiner does not work you can't send a "refine this" message and it can't send you a "you used this up and you got this back" message )
Cause if you create an account and try to create your avatar while the chat fails to connect you wont drop into the character creation screen you will just get an default avatar in a black room with some background music (the person that discovered this whent "great game" while laughing his butt off).

I wish MA would investigate this more but it's when the game client fails to connect to the "chat" server and a theory is that setting your connection speed to dailup increases the "timeout" before the client gives up.
Or at least i wish MA would give a more infomative error message to help them figure out why it failed.

I'we seen people having this issue on their normal ISP and then parking their butt on a starbucks with laggy wifi or switching over to their cellphones internet ( hotspot ) and it just works so part of me suspect it can be a geolocation issue since the one thing in common the people that had this issue have is they been (1) Central and (2) West side of America and an (1) Aussie vs East coast or Europe.

We did in one case rule out ISP or IDS (It's a firewall feature in some consumer routers) blocks getting triggered as a "fault" issue.

The sad part is both MA support and the Live Support will give you the most basic of templets of things to try that does not really help you... or may make it work once and then be very quick at blaming your actual PC.
So you will be wasting days/weeks/months on verifying files.. reinstalling.. turning it off and on again... restarting your router.
And let's say 1/10 times the connection actually manages to connect and you go "yey! problem solved!" and next day it fails again so you would need to once again restart that whole process with livesupport or MA support and go thru the same process again hence why i added "weeks/months" in there.

Chat is just a side thing, it have nothing to do with something working or not working.
This issue is the same when chat not shows up and also when chat perfectly works, anyway, since december chat almost always works, and all the rest never works.
Chat have nothing to do with refiner issue as well, it works the same when no chat, and when chat is perfectly works.

Its just the missing chat you notice first after game is launched, but not the chat is the real problem.

Connection speed have nothing to do with it, nothing in the launcher options doing anything with it.
FFS i have this issue for 3 years now, do you think i havent tried every single option 1 by 1?

Lets try again, so you may unerstand why all what you write is BS in this case.

There were 1 PC somewhere in the world. One guy and his friend or whatever it was, used that 1 PC to test their 2 accounts.
1 had the same issue as we had, while the other guy didnt had it, the game was running perfectly for him.

So, this 1 PC they did the test, had 1 internet connection, 1 firewall, and probably that PC wasnt able to teleport around the world, so i would assume it had a fix geolocation too for all the tries they did.
The launcher had the same settings, they did not reinstalled the game between tries or used multiple launchers, they just logged off, logged in, every setting is the same in that launcher.

The only thing changed, is the account name and password and probably the one time code they entered at login, everything else was the same on every try.
Every try they did had the same result, loggin into the account with issue had the issue as usual.
While logging into the other account everything worked properly as it should.
The only logical thing comes from it, the issue is not the PC, the launcher, the internet, the firewall, the f*cking geolocation as all of those were the same for both account during those tries, the only difference were the accounts they logged into, so the issue comes with the related account.

This issue is account related. Have no idea what it causes, and we cannot solve it, as the issue is not at our side.
Unfortunately either MA have no idea what it causes it, or just dont care to solve it for us.

Then i think you stumbled on a diffrent issue since the one person ( For the sake of Geolocation: Las Vegas ) kept getting her account bugged on her normal isp.
Switched over to her mobile hotspot and we also had her test mulvad ( A vpn ) and it worked then.
One thing that was common in this case she could create new accounts that got bugged/started working in the same matter.
If you run 1 out of 10 tests she did have greater sucess on her normal ip when selecting a slower speed ( dailup ) then she had when she had T1 speeds selected.
We also had her create an alt and get it "bugged" and could log in fine with someone else logging into it over and over.

I understand you have your one or two friends experiences in your back pocket and base everything on it but i honestly think you should not be so quick to rule out one or two simple test before you call it BS since what harm would it be to repeat our tests to see if they work before you discard them as BS?

Anyhow i'm not here to argue with you over it since you gain nothing and i gain nothing but wasted time out of that.
The connection speed is a simple setting you can try but if that does not help i hope someone from MA goes "hmm... that is a clue of something we can test" which is why i shared our experiences with this issue.
This is why i also mentioned the black void in the character creation screen since there are very few things that might have gone wrong for that to happen.

But i'm happy you got further than we did and got your refiner working.

Back