Question: Cheaper to chip in vs "playing" (for my ava)?

nix

Dominant
NIX
Hello,

I'm a lvl 17.5 laser sniper good to max out the riker UL3 ( dmg is lvl 14 ).

I'd like to get to Isis LR32 / LR41 fast now... ( rec 16, maxed 20 )

Should i keep on grinding to get there?

Or should i just chip in as skills are low now?

146 ped rec, 704 ped both maxed ( hit+dmg )

ty

I think that if you can afford it go for the chip in, otherwise if loot is going good and you have mobs to kill with your weapon id prob stay. Im no expert and dont know how long time it would take to get there

Dont know your goals or playin style , but personaly i would chip :cool:

i would keep grinding/skilling and hope for some good loots so you get the skills for free instead of buying em

no chance of hoffing on chipping hehe

If you are in a rush - by all means, chip. If you aren't in a rush, keep in mind that natural skilling will also include gaining points in your medical and defense skills as well.

Sometimes enjoying the journey is part of the fun, but if you're in a rush, chipping will be certainly quicker, and probably cheaper. :)

All sound advice... nice thread too. I think this is a good general question a lot of people have, but can't figure out.

I've been doing lots of research on chipping different skills,(and have done so) and I think the biggest downfall I have with chipping so far is just as they said...the skills you gain from grinding. Even with decent armor, if your health and evade are too low you can only go so far. for instance, I can now use solo m4, but the mobs i would like to hunt with it deal too much damage, I can't last long enough but to kill a few at a time. unless of course you just have uber ammounts of ped, it's bennificial to skill. Dont forget about skills you gain from fapping too.

there are some nice tools from jaeger that you can use to figure some of this stuff out too.

Good luck!

Chipping would probably be cheaper unless you hit a few lucky loots. However, grinding; you pay your money you get your X hours gametime. Chipping buys you a step up the ladder but whether it's value for money when you get no gametime from it is up to you.

no offense at the point your at if you did some serious grinding level 20 is a breeze. don't waste your peds chipping in hit/damage skills. i rather spend it on evader/dodger/medical skills

kosmos

I agree with Kosmos as far as what to chip in now since you are in early stages of skilling. I will however advise you to becareful when chipping up.
If you chip too much in specific skills and not in all profession related skills you CAN unbalance yourself and make things worse instead of better.

If you do chip, do it small and see what results you have to get the "feel" for how it works.

only chip in if u think u are going to have more fun, no point chipping in if the entertainment value is the same (or worst) after chipping. Remember, what u do its still the same after all, will chipping in make the game more fun, or are u chipping in because u want to be able to do things u couldnt?

its all about the entertainment value. ;)

This is not a game for the impatient... well unless ur rich hehe

i would tell ya to hunt ... for a couple reasons...

A: you may get a insane ath hof in the process and be in the black rather then the red for depositing.

B: you get many other skills while hunting then just the specific weapon ur skilling chipping.. dont forget how important it is to skill ur evade and dodge. as well as medic abilitys. a big gun does u no good if u can take the mobs hits anyways.

C: chipping can make u very unbalanced skill wise imo

personally i wish skills were unsellable ... it would put alittle more value on them... atm any day old player can depo 10k and become a uber in minutes...
its BS and belittles those of us that have spent years slowly grinding away to get where we are...

tho i have eaten 2 chips in my entropia life one for coloring and one for pet taming. so i am a bit of a hipocrit and a bit impatient sometimes :)

buy 700ped ammo and you get to level 20 easy, lol,

I will advice only to chip in if you want to be a great pk player, else there is no point to do it. you are far off for uber mobs and level 20 wont help much.

I am with Kosmos!

Won´t recomend chipping Hit/DMG at your level.
Better chip dodge/evade and medic skills.
At higher levels it may be ok to chip in some Hit/DMG to get faster to the LVL100 to use the old style weapons, but not at low levels, there is defence and medic much more important than hit and DMG.

Chipping would probably be cheaper unless you hit a few lucky loots. However, grinding; you pay your money you get your X hours gametime. Chipping buys you a step up the ladder but whether it's value for money when you get no gametime from it is up to you.

This makes sense :)

chiping is cheaper, but grinding is more fun and u can get something nice ( weekly 20 K trox maybe )

Bit later now and halfway lvl 23 now and glad I didn't chip in ( most convincing was the fact U skill lot more skills while grinding then just the one or 3 skills I would skill in. )

Only shame is the mu on the weps haha ( when buying that is, selling it's so nice :laugh: of course )

i would keep grinding/skilling and hope for some good loots so you get the skills for free instead of buying em

no chance of hoffing on chipping hehe

yeah what he said! :D

Bit later now and halfway lvl 23 now and glad I didn't chip in ( most convincing was the fact U skill lot more skills while grinding then just the one or 3 skills I would skill in. )

Only shame is the mu on the weps haha ( when buying that is, selling it's so nice :laugh: of course )

Find a SIB UL gun and grind away, its what I did. Got myself a UL powerfist that's Eco, and I'm skilling my def, bioregen, and HP with it.

This game is really expensive to me, compared to anything I used to play before ( long time gamer here )...

Been in here several years now and everytime I have to forfait now and then just because of the high costs. This didn't improve over the years AT ALL...

So an UL wep for me would be way to expensive to buy. I'm glad if I can get my hands on a 200 ped maxed breer 4 and still have ammo left for several runs again ... Geotrek AL15 already burns to much ammo to have several runs ( ofc higher dmg but the bigger the gun, the higher yr chance on lower hits aswell - opalo 4-8 dmg = 4 diff f.e. compared to +30 diff on others - let alone the MISS'es u have, is a nice blast of ammo right into MA's pocket ...

I don't know, I've tried this many times over and it seems this game is just to expensive for me ...

let alone the MISS'es u have, is a nice blast of ammo right into MA's pocket ...

I don't know, I've tried this many times over and it seems this game is just to expensive for me ...
Ammo has a TT value, which is what is used to give u back an equal to amount in loot. Therefore ammo cannot be considered as decay as such. So I don't think it goes to MA but the loot pool, MA get your gear/ items decay. I don't think ammo decays it gets used up, while ur gun that fires it decays. Probably a pretty bad way to word what I wanted to say, so I'm sure someone can explain why ammo isnt decay :). Could be wrong thou...

Last edited:
This game is really expensive to me, compared to anything I used to play before ( long time gamer here )...

Been in here several years now and everytime I have to forfait now and then just because of the high costs. This didn't improve over the years AT ALL...

So an UL wep for me would be way to expensive to buy. I'm glad if I can get my hands on a 200 ped maxed breer 4 and still have ammo left for several runs again ... Geotrek AL15 already burns to much ammo to have several runs ( ofc higher dmg but the bigger the gun, the higher yr chance on lower hits aswell - opalo 4-8 dmg = 4 diff f.e. compared to +30 diff on others - let alone the MISS'es u have, is a nice blast of ammo right into MA's pocket ...

If you can't play a game without hunting high end mobs and having all the cool equip than you're right the game is too expensive for you. I've been playing this game off and on for 5+ years now and have learned that this game can be enjoyed by anyone(non depositor-freq depositor) if you like the game. I made two $50 deposits within the first two months I started playing and have never deposited since. In fact I withdrew $600 from the game a couple years ago before I took break from the game because my PC didn't meet the min requirements for the new CryEngine update. My highest loot ever was 750 Ped from an Umbranoid.

I see sweaters complaining about making only 50 ped a week from sweating in the beginner forums. I mean are you serious??? If you understand the game at all you could sweat for two weeks and hunt low end mobs economical and would hopefully not have to sweat again for a long long time if not ever. If your looking to have it all right away and put yourself in a position for an all time high HoF always than yes this game can get expensive. If you're not enjoying the game unless your fighting the high end mobs and giving yourself a chance for a possible All time HoF than odds are you won't be able to afford the entertainment.

BTW:
If you're looking for a bad azz free mmorpg go download Atlantica Online. It's been around for a few years but it's still just as solid as ever.

no offense at the point your at if you did some serious grinding level 20 is a breeze. don't waste your peds chipping in hit/damage skills. i rather spend it on evader/dodger/medical skills

kosmos

Just going to quote this post, because i 100% agree.

Edit: p5a, LR32 have rather low markup, for grinding purposes you want to use little markup as possible if you don't own a UL grinding weapon.

Last edited:
I would grind at such a low level.. best not to rush. Do it natural until you need to unlock a skill... the last level b4 unlock seems always the hardest.. I did it all natural until i realised this...

Skill natural until the last but one level b4 skill unlock. Works for me.

Chipping in I think is not so simple.... Let's say i chip in with laser hit profession.... I may kill easier (a little) but i may miss out on evasive skills coz i kill qiucker.

If i chip in on evasive skills i'll get hit less but then i'll miss out on courage skil gains thus HP gain may suffer. etc etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back