Chikara InvestaFoe-series. Rare scanners now?

Kjetil

Stalker
Society
Via Dolorosa
Kjetil
ES200
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

ES300

ES400

ES500

Above is some pictures of the ES200-ES500 serie of Chikara InvestaFoe scanners. As you can see, not many are sold in auction. Specially not of the ES200 and ES300. Reason for this is that the InvestaFoe scanners was only craftable until late 2003. Ppl who scanned seriously used mostly ES400 or ES500 if they didn't use the TT-scanner, ES100.
Since there are not many of those scanners in auction, I post information and sales-volume (+"marketprice") here for more ppl to see.

Btw: None of my scanners are currently for sale.

/Kjetil :cool:

they've always been rare to me, and i've been here over a year now. i tried to buy one (400) near the beggining of my time, and the offer i got was ~3-4kish? can't remember exactly, but way too much for me for just a scanner. especially now that i think skillgains are based on ped/click (so lifescanner ftw for me!).

especially now that i think skillgains are based on ped/click (so lifescanner ftw for me!).

Now find me a LifeScanner that doesnt wear out in about an hour.
I like to do very long scanning sessions :rolleyes:

Nice info Kjetil, +rep for sharing.

Now find me a LifeScanner that doesnt wear out in about an hour.
I like to do very long scanning sessions :rolleyes:

Nice info Kjetil, +rep for sharing.

oh, haven't you got a customised lifescanner? :silly2:

if ur all about scanning to read stats, fair enough, but if ur scanning to skill, then lifescanners are even better in the sence that they are faster skill givers because they decay more rapidly. i say an advantage to lifescanners are that they are time savers :p

yep exactly, i first thought that scanner was useless but they give alot of skill so i'm buying like 2-3 scanner, and i scam peeps around and longu because they don't attack from the range of ES100 :) , i also have a lifescanner III but didn't seem to give much skill for its high decay so i keep using es100, i'll do some test with the LS III though

Thanks for sharing your stuff kjetil +rep

oh and how can we have such scanner ? ES series, are they lootable or craftable nowadays ?

Last edited:
es-100 - still available from the trade terminal.
es-200 to es-500 - previously crafted scanners, no longer manufactured.
lifescanner I to lifescanner V - currently craftable scanners.

what is the mission of Scanner: Island InvestaFoe ES100

what is the mission of Scanner: Island InvestaFoe ES100
doesnt exist anymore... but lucky me i found an ES400 on auction that i snagged a couple days ago. pricey shit, tt+400 but OH WELL

doesnt exist anymore... but lucky me i found an ES400 on auction that i snagged a couple days ago. pricey shit, tt+400 but OH WELL
Best +400 you’ve ever spent you in the ES crew now

Best +400 you’ve ever spent you in the ES crew now
meh, very underwhelming i found, selling the thing

tree cutting was suggested to me instead by someone. tested and according to my very scientific calculations over a period of around 20 minutes it seems to give me around a fuckton and a half more skills for less time.

tree cutting FUCKS so i guess the chikara es400 is for sale now

The range of es-400/500 works wonders if you are using one of the shorter range weapons. Either tag, scan, kill or scan, run, kill depending on if you use a tagger or not.

If you scan every mob before you kill it, in downtime you already have between mobs, you get the skills without losing efficiency (sort of).

It is not much, but it really adds up

The range of es-400/500 works wonders if you are using one of the shorter range weapons. Either tag, scan, kill or scan, run, kill depending on if you use a tagger or not.

If you scan every mob before you kill it, in downtime you already have between mobs, you get the skills without losing efficiency (sort of).

It is not much, but it really adds up
still havent found a way to do it efficiently while shooting rifles, it really kills my rhythm using it in-between mobs. usually use the scanner to "tag" then start shooting but that small pause in between mobs adds up to a lot less kills per hour and it kinda offsets any skill gains from scanning.

for now testing is inconclusive and ill sell the thing. id rather focus on killing while i hunt, and if i want looter skill gains ill go back to tree cutting. scanning makes everything slower and just doesnt seem worth it for what it gives

tree cutting was suggested to me instead by someone. tested and according to my very scientific calculations over a period of around 20 minutes it seems to give me around a fuckton and a half more skills for less time.

tree cutting FUCKS so i guess the chikara es400 is for sale now
Eww it’s not for skilling this ain’t 2007

this aint 2007 lmao gimme a break

whats the point if not for skilling? i like seeing the name of cool stuff people are wearing but other than that? if not for skilling then its for what?

It’s the 2nd cheapest scanner per click…
It’s for scanning…

Its a skilling tool. Its just really sucky at skilling. Everyone went FOMO on ES500 for some reason a while ago, I guess its filtering down.

duh, i know its for scanning

but if not for skilling, whats the point of scanning ? other than see what people are wearing or their skill

duh, i know its for scanning

but if not for skilling, whats the point of scanning ? other than see what people are wearing or their skill
If I told you, you wouldn’t be selling the es400 :p

#scannergate

Its a skilling tool. Its just really sucky at skilling. Everyone went FOMO on ES500 for some reason a while ago, I guess its filtering down.

If you have the ability to use it without extra downtime, it is actually quite nice. "Free" skills(on time spent, not cost). This is why I paid what I did for my ES400.

If I was using a longer range weapon, I am not sure i would be using the scanner. The scanner also doesn't see much use in decently dense spawns.

All in all, i would say the time and ped i have saved using es400 over a shorter range and/or higher decay scanner has been worth the cost. It took me less than a month to save the PED I spent in MU over using the scanner I had before.

Much like everything else in game, what is worth it for one player may not be worth it to another player.

If you have the ability to use it without extra downtime, it is actually quite nice. "Free" skills(on time spent, not cost). This is why I paid what I did for my ES400.

If I was using a longer range weapon, I am not sure i would be using the scanner. The scanner also doesn't see much use in decently dense spawns.

All in all, i would say the time and ped i have saved using es400 over a shorter range and/or higher decay scanner has been worth the cost. It took me less than a month to save the PED I spent in MU over using the scanner I had before.

Much like everything else in game, what is worth it for one player may not be worth it to another player.
Yeah I’ve done a bit of scanning for Xeno. And with the right mob spawn you can rig it without the down time. I think I was just underwhelmed with the results. Decayed multiple times, still have only like 30 skill points in a 2% weighting on looter. Gaining Xeno didn’t seem to be worth the cost and effort.

maybe others get decent gains on Analysis, and that’s why they do it, but I already had 4K points from tree cutting, so I don’t see many good analysis gains anymore.

I have an ES400 and use it in conjunction with long range hunting. Something sort of like this Tag (at max range) ->dmg ->dmg ->dmg -> scanner when in range -> dmg or pyro chip -> dmg -> dmg -> finisher (close scan window while finishing). If the mob is closer to me I will scan first and then open up on it. I seem to get pretty good skill gains when I have a skill pill buff active.

I didn't really start scanning a great deal until I unlocked scientist. I lumberjacked for a while to boost skills as well. I don't really scan a lot in dense low level mobs spawns unless I scan a bunch of mobs prior to killing them. I definitely like the range of the ES400 and it doesn't agro most mobs.

Back