• No

Votes: 142 81.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi,

not everything should be buyable.

Attribs should stay as they are today: hard-earned. :yay:

Tanor

Nope. 70 agility, 53 intel, 33 psyche, 58 strength is what makes me proud after close to 2 years ingame. Started vu 7.5 so all of it is pure work, not even 2 minutes of exploit. (where 2 years is relative counting my available 2 hours daily, in average).

A definate no no no no

Atributes are the only true visual indication of how hard a gamer you realy are,if we could chip attributes i would get no satisfaction at all from the gains in the game anymore,
chipping skills is a diffrent story,attributes nah lets work for em

Atributtes are so unbalanced I could chip out more agility that 10 ppl would earn in in years. So no.

But thats the point.. what if you want to chip in?

With the ability to trade attributes, the system would again have balance. I am sure that attributes would fetch a pretty high price, and with the slowing of the gains possible, it would level the playing field for everyone. Nobody would be able to cry about those who fapskilled to 120+ agility anymore. It would generate a new way for people to earn money in game, and motivate more people to skill for basic attributes, (which can be very expensive, especially intel and psyche).

But thats the point.. what if you want to chip in?

point is would be unfair advantage for some ppl and we'd prolly see first a nerfing of attributes, as happened to rifle when it was 1k.

point is would be unfair advantage for some ppl and we'd prolly see first a nerfing of attributes, as happened to rifle when it was 1k.

yeah, but that is a null point.
With the skill nerf of a few months ago, all people with more than 5k skills in any area have an "unfair advantage", based on the newer slower skill system.

A definate no no no no

Atributes are the only true visual indication of how hard a gamer you realy are,if we could chip attributes i would get no satisfaction at all from the gains in the game anymore,
chipping skills is a diffrent story,attributes nah lets work for em

In some cases thats more of a sign of how much you afk fap skilled ;)

Someone noted a way to temporarily boost attributes - that would be great.

Permanent boosts to attributes tends to unbalance games (try playing D&D when everyone bumps their attributes to godly levels), unless that permanent boost comes with drawbacks.

Ideas for temp boosts:
Drugs (with side effects or addictions)
Mindforce powers to increase agility/strength (trade ME for a temp boost)

Ideas for permenent boosts:
Have special high-end surgery skills to implant cybernetics: boosted reflexes for agi, enhanced musculature for strength, bone replacement for stamina, DNA remapping for intelligence and psyche. Unfortunately, there might be drawbacks: enhanced musculature requires you to eat fruit occasionally or lose all strength. Bone replacement makes you easier for bots to target. DNA remapping may cause you to occasionally black out and do stuff that you don't remember (where did my ammo go?).

Of course, some of this is hard to code in. :)

I'm going to have to agree with Joat, and all the other people on the no-side here. I've got to admit that I would absolutely love to increase my Agility over the 100 mark, and I hate myself for not concentrating on one profession before instead of focusing on all of them, and thus, never reaching over 100 in Agility.

I think it's great that we are able to scan people and see if they just have a big wallet or if they've actually been working for their skills. I just love scanning an Avatar in Shadow or Chronicle who's a Supreme Laser Sniper, but only has 43 in Agility and know absolutely nothing about the game. Although, I think Mindark nerfed the Attributes levels way to much, it's impossible for any new player to reach over 70 in Agility, and that's a shame.

So, I don't think that Attributes should become chippable, but I think they should be easier to gain. And, it should be possible to reach 100 in Agility without playing for 10 years.

Well the nerve in agility has been worse mainly do to some ubers auto fapping with their mod fap. I think i'm gaining more atm then i did a year ago. So they prolly fixed that, 70 agility can be attained again. :D

The simple answer is no. Surely this is fairly obvious. (Although being able to sell your agility to the TT would be a useful addition if you were quitting :D )

This all comes down to scanning. There MUST be some indication, when you scan someone, of how much they have played the game, or else you will be chatting and trading "blind".

The simple answer is no. Surely this is fairly obvious. (Although being able to sell your agility to the TT would be a useful addition if you were quitting :D )

This all comes down to scanning. There MUST be some indication, when you scan someone, of how much they have played the game, or else you will be chatting and trading "blind".

If MA would add the "age" of the avatar meaning the date it was created and the online hours spend. If that would be made scanable would people still object to atribute chipping?

If MA would add the "age" of the avatar meaning the date it was created and the online hours spend. If that would be made scanable would people still object to atribute chipping?

Thats cool...Right, yes...:yay: :yay: :yay:

I know I'll never catch up to the old avatars, but still I like the thought that there's at least a little bit in EU, that you can't buy.

I would, because that doesn't really tell much. You could have an old avatar and just spent a lot of time chatting, goofing off, standing at an auctioneer trading, etc...

I would, because that doesn't really tell much. You could have an old avatar and just spent a lot of time chatting, goofing off, standing at an auctioneer trading, etc...

Doesn't that count as online experience? Trading and chatting is a part of EU just as much as hunting, mining and crafting, if you like it or not.

Anyway the players you describe don't sound like the chipping type. People who stand at auctions, goofing etc aren't the types that go chip like mad. More the type that sells the chips ;-)

Doesn't that count as online experience? Trading and chatting is a part of EU just as much as hunting, mining and crafting, if you like it or not.

Anyway the players you describe don't sound like the chipping type. People who stand at auctions, goofing etc aren't the types that go chip like mad. More the type that sells the chips ;-)

I didn't mean to imply that those activities are anything negative. It's just that a "born on date" doesn't tell you how much someone has hunted/crafted/mined (stuff you gain attributes from). And that's what many people like to use as a true indicator of someone's game experience. I actually think a "born on date" would be good, I just don't think it makes being able to chip attributes ok.

I don't see why any information on the avatars you're trading with that can be obtained from a scanner would be helpful... not born on date, nor attributes, nor skills. The only way to guarantee honest trade is for all items to be traded at the same time. Everything else, including friendship built over years, have been used by scammers.

My opposition to chippable attributes can be summed up as an un-purchasable pride that can only be obtained with a long time commitment in EU.

Voted yes. Here is a virtual economy and everithing sould be tradeble. Like it is now, those who have been around from the begining have an advantage over all the rest of us we could never surpass. They have the gear, the free skills and atributes. Let them have them all. But if I whant to have all of those things and whant to pay, I whant to be able to buy. As simple as that. And don't tell me that crap abiut "time in game"...
I spend as much time as I can, I deposit, I do all I can to skill, but that simply is not enough. In this economy chipping up is the way to the top. As simple as that.
In games "just for fun" trading such assets is normal to be banned, but in EU is a diferent storry... Entropia uneverse is NOT a game. And trading skills we waste so much on ESI, tool decay, 10% penalty that it becomes frustrating just to think of the costs. There is no easy way up. It costs alot of money.
If one whant to spend alot, let him do so and help him do so.

I don't see why any information on the avatars you're trading with that can be obtained from a scanner would be helpful... not born on date, nor attributes, nor skills.

Not sure whether you're being facetious or not... But an example:

I am at Twin. You say in All Chat "Selling 10k Fruit 0.5".

I am level 12 Pet Handler. This is obviously a good deal. I would be very interested.

I scan you.

If you have 80 agility, I think "Okay, this is a big player, he knows what he is doing. He just needs peds fast."

If you have 10 agility, I think "Okay, this is a new player having a go at trading and not getting it right".

This is just one example. But, more than anything, knowing someone's attributes helps you to know what level you can talk to them on, and what they are likely to know about the game.

Not sure whether you're being facetious or not... But an example:

I am at Twin. You say in All Chat "Selling 10k Fruit 0.5".

I am level 12 Pet Handler. This is obviously a good deal. I would be very interested.

I scan you.

If you have 80 agility, I think "Okay, this is a big player, he knows what he is doing. He just needs peds fast."

If you have 10 agility, I think "Okay, this is a new player having a go at trading and not getting it right".

This is just one example. But, more than anything, knowing someone's attributes helps you to know what level you can talk to them on, and what they are likely to know about the game.

It does help in getting a grasp of a player's experience in EU but it doesn't help you in trading in the end as it is just a straightforward exchange. I meant in cases where loans are considered.

with the atributes non chipable.. you can see who is a chipped up noob and who is a old timer :)

Back