Chipping Optimizer and complex operations

Terminator

Prowler
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Arnold Terminator Swarzzy
There may be a dedicated thread for such questions, but the "Thread Link" in this sticky post seems broken. :( So here is my case...

After realizing I was more and more hunting with BLP, I've scanned my skills and uploaded them into Entropedia.
Now I'm playing with its "Avatar Skills Calculator" and the "Chipping Optmizer" but I have some difficulty.

I am trying to analyze the possibility to swap some of my skills, on 2 scenarios.

My two scenarios have the same step 1:
Step 1 - Reduce all Laser levels (Sniper Hit / Pistol Hit / Ranged Dmg) from 55-52-54 to 30-30-30.

Using the PEDs from step 1, one of these 2 options (not decided yet):
Step 2.A- Increase all my BLP levels.
Step 2.B - Increase my Paramedic level.

I hope I am clear. Long story short:
Case A - Laser -> BLP
Case B - Laser -> Paramedic
:)

The constraints for both cases are:
Constraint 1 - Have a free operation, meaning final cost of zero PED after all sales/purchases, implants decay etc. (Ok, +/- 100 PED)
Constraint 2 - Keep a minimum of 130~140 HP (152 atm).

My issue is that, as far as I can see when playing with the Optimizer, reducing the Laser skills impacts the BLP as well. And I need to maintain the highest possible level in BLP, at least level 41 for using X1's and R150's.

How should I proceed? Any idea, suggestion? :)

Uncheck all the boxes except for laser weaponry technology, this will give you your answer ;)

~Danimal

Uncheck all the boxes except for laser weaponry technology, this will give you your answer ;)

~Danimal

Which profession should I select first?
I can't find how to decrease the 3 Laser professions with a single combo-box. :(

In between I have spent an hour (it's ok, I'm at work :laugh:) reading some skills related thread and as you say, it seems that emptying this skill will reduce the Laser professions (and only them).

Now I'm manually updating my avatar skills in Entropedia, and reload them in the Optimizer, but that's far from practical process.

What would be great is a a feature displaying all skills, and allowing to reduce or remove some of them, then display the impacted professions as currently done. I can't find how to make the tool remove only a portion of the skills for simulation.

So far it seems that:
- Emptying Laser Technology
- Removing 2000 Rifle
- Removing 1400 Handgun
would be the best for me as:
- No impact on my Medic level or HP.
- Laser levels reduced to 43
- BLP levels reduced to 42

It seems I can't reduce more my Laser more without having my BLP droppping below 41.

Removing just LWT will reduce only your laser skills and nothing else. In the chipping optimizer tool there are boxes similar to this box where there are numbers in them... you can edit those numbers after loading your excel sheet containing your skills into the optimizer.. I hope this helps ;)

~Danimal

Which profession should I select first?
I can't find how to decrease the 3 Laser professions with a single combo-box. :(

In between I have spent an hour (it's ok, I'm at work :laugh:) reading some skills related thread and as you say, it seems that emptying this skill will reduce the Laser professions (and only them).

Now I'm manually updating my avatar skills in Entropedia, and reload them in the Optimizer, but that's far from practical process.

What would be great is a a feature displaying all skills, and allowing to reduce or remove some of them, then display the impacted professions as currently done. I can't find how to make the tool remove only a portion of the skills for simulation.

So far it seems that:
- Emptying Laser Technology
- Removing 2000 Rifle
- Removing 1400 Handgun
would be the best for me as:
- No impact on my Medic level or HP.
- Laser levels reduced to 43
- BLP levels reduced to 42

It seems I can't reduce more my Laser more without having my BLP droppping below 41.

Removing 2000 Rifle and 1400 Handgun would reduce your health, so there must have been some mix-up there. Also, reducing LWT would not affect your BLP professions in any way, so again must be a mixup. What you need to do is calculate the value of chipping out all LWT and then use that amount as the target PEDs for chipping the profession you are interested in (which is the calculation the unlocker tool excels at).

There shouldn't be any need to change the values on Entropedia. You can change the values right in the chipping calculator.

I'm not sure what Witte is up to these days, but we could add more features to the skills aspect of entropedia if there was clear demand.

It's very likely that there are errors now as I manually edited some values in Entropedia. :D

For sure empty'ing LWT is a first (and very clean) step, but the PED earnt won't be nough to buy some Medic skills.

Since I can reduce my BLP down to 41 and still mhave maxed the BLP weapons I use, I am now trying to reduce as well Rifle and Handgun to lower the Laser professions as much as possible (min 30) and watching the BLP (min 41).

I agree for the HP reduction, I must have ****ed something. :laugh:

As for a clear demand about new features, I'm going to describe what I would have liked:
- A page showing all skills and a lower part calculating all the profession levels (as in the Optimizer).
- On the top of the page, a set of EditBox (pre-populated with loaded values), but allowing us to manually modify some amounts. For example, to change Rifle from 4500 to 3000.
- Then we could see the immediate effects of the skill change on the professions with a "Refresh" button or something.

Actually this is doable now, but it requires the manual edition of the avatar skills, that's not easy.

Oh, and I finally found the "Show All Skills" item in the ComboBox. So this is almost what I need, except that this mode doesn't:
- allow entering an amount of skills to chip out,
- show the bottom part with professions as others pages do.

Here is what I found the closest method to my need:

1 - Parameterize these items:

skills1.jpg

2 - Unselect all skills but the one I want to empty (final value = 0 is ok here):

skills2.jpg

3 - Check the impacts:

skills3.jpg

This works perfect for LWT as I can chip it all out, levels 42 and 44 are still above the level 30 I need to keep . :)

But I want to keep 60% to 80% of my Rifle and Handgun for keeping a minimum level 42 in BLP.
(I don't need these skills but I always need Medic skills.)
So what I would like is the possibility to decide how much skill I want to remove (or let) with a new Editbox here:

skills4.jpg

I hope I'ms clear. Maybe there's a way to do it already? :)
I can calculate the cost of chipping out/in etc with XLS, but I'm unable to compute the impacts of partially reducing several skills on several professions.

Back