Chipping Optimizer Tool

Scientist is gained while repairing, and intuition.

why isnt this in the optimizer ?

need screens ?

it is not in the optimizer because nobody has reported it yet (before you, that is...)
no need for screens to prove it, i believe it... what i'd need to solve the %'s of influence of the remaining skills, is your skills points and attributes (only those involved in VSE) and your exact VSE level (with 4 decimal points).

VSE contributes to Intuition :eek:.

it's more "Intuition contributes to VSE", isn't it? :tongue2:

it is not in the optimizer because nobody has reported it yet (before you, that is...)
no need for screens to prove it, i believe it... what i'd need to solve the %'s of influence of the remaining skills, is your skills points and attributes (only those involved in VSE) and your exact VSE level (with 4 decimal points).

it's more "Intuition contributes to VSE", isn't it? :tongue2:

contact me on skype, and information will set you free :D

I think MA should have your program "in the game" for every player to use.I suggest they make a tool like a "fap" thats made by crafters but performs the task your program does calculating skills etc.They could call the tool the "Idegre calculator ". :yup:

i had missed this post completely, sorry, but better late than never, eh? :p

yes, you can do what you want, but in several steps:
1) calculate what is your final level in athletics after inserting a 200 ped TT implant (you can do that in the "calculator" tab)
2) go back to the professions tab, and pick any profession that uses athletics, for instance evader, and calculate the final level you will reach after replacing your current skill points in athletics with the value calculated in 1)
3) in the evader profession, enter as target level the level calculated in 2), clear all the skill checkboxes except athletics, and click "go!".

you will get at the bottom, all the affected professions (in this case, dodger and jammer) and their respective final levels; it also shows the effect in HP and in total skill count, since they are treated as professions too.

what did you do to get this error? was it in the chipping optimizer (web app)? or was it in the skill scanner (java desktop app)?

java app :laugh:

I see there is no info for Gunner Dmg.

This unlock at gunner dmg lvl45

Its under the skill section Science

deep_space_knowledge.jpg

Here you can see my correct level from ingame 42.7848

vse_kimmi.jpg

Here I put my skills in the optimizer and got wrong level.

chipping_optimizer.jpg

You are missing the skill scientist: my level is 3068

PS. I dont have intuition, so that is not the missing skill......

Here is my VSE skills and profession level, i do not have scientist.

vse.jpg

More info to determin if intuition has a impact.

Uber Player:

Intel: 74.6
Vehicle Repair: 3070.7
Vehicle Tech: 2037.5
Electronics: 1974
Mechanics: 2690
Engineering: 4003
BPC: 2389
Serendipity: 9550
Scientis: 0
Intuition: 7075

VSE level: 32.2788

Can you with these posts, determin 100% if Intuition has impact? :wise:

Here you can see my correct level from ingame 42.7848

vse_kimmi.jpg

Here I put my skills in the optimizer and got wrong level.

chipping_optimizer.jpg

You are missing the skill scientist: my level is 3068

PS. I dont have intuition, so that is not the missing skill......

this is 4% for scientist, then. i'll update the database later on today.
thanks for reporting :)

Intuition does not have any impact then on vse?

I think MA should have your program "in the game" for every player to use.I suggest they make a tool like a "fap" thats made by crafters but performs the task your program does calculating skills etc.They could call the tool the "Idegre calculator ". :yup:

and let them screw it up, and then let them charge us for the service? it works fine. keep up the good work.

More info to determin if intuition has a impact.

Uber Player:

Intel: 74.6
Vehicle Repair: 3070.7
Vehicle Tech: 2037.5
Electronics: 1974
Mechanics: 2690
Engineering: 4003
BPC: 2389
Serendipity: 9550
Scientis: 0
Intuition: 7075

VSE level: 32.2788

Can you with these posts, determin 100% if Intuition has impact? :wise:

with these data, i cannot know for sure if intuition contributes or not to VSE. i understood from an earlier post that you knew for sure that it did contribute.

with these data you can calculate the weight of influence of intuition, if we assume that intuition is the only remaining skill in VSE; if so, then it would ammount for 7%. but i cannot tell whether it contributes or not, and also whether there are more skills involved or not.

the problem with those %'s is that toad's data don't give a good result. so, I cannot know where is the problem. maybe the set of contributing skills is not correct, or it could be that some of the old %'s are wrong.

Some of the old % is wrong, that is sure since all skills gained is correct up to scentist atleast but the profession levels are of.

with these data, i cannot know for sure if intuition contributes or not to VSE. i understood from an earlier post that you knew for sure that it did contribute.

Yes, I said that. I was told directly from people who said they gained intuition while repairing. After checking with other people who had intuition unlocked I got other answers. So Im now trying to clear up all this once and for all.

with these data you can calculate the weight of influence of intuition, if we assume that intuition is the only remaining skill in VSE; if so, then it would ammount for 7%. but i cannot tell whether it contributes or not, and also whether there are more skills involved or not.

the problem with those %'s is that toad's data don't give a good result. so, I cannot know where is the problem. maybe the set of contributing skills is not correct, or it could be that some of the old %'s are wrong.

What more info do you need??

You have 3 people now, Kimmi - with scientist, Uber - with intuition, toad - with neither.
do you need more the 3 do determin impact of each skill?

PS.
Main Levels:
2000 (Medicine)
2500 (Treatment)
5000 (Medical Therapy)
6000 (Scientist)
7500 ? (Doctor) <--- you can add this also.

Some of the old % is wrong, that is sure since all skills gained is correct up to scentist atleast but the profession levels are of.

What more info do you need??

ok. if we take for sure that the old set of contributing skills are correct, the best way would be to get 3-4 data sets (CSV's from the skill scanner) from people with no high-level skills unlocked (scientist/intuition/industrialist..), and still a reasonably high level in Vehicle Reparing and Vehicle Technology (so, data sets similar to toad's). with those, and the respective VSE professional levels with 4 decimal points accuracy, it should not be hard to get a better fit for the old %'s.

i have to do this with my home PC, and i'm currently abroad, on a business trip, until next weekend.

then, once the "basic" %'s are correct, then we can start worrying about the high-level unlockables.

PS.
Main Levels:
2000 (Medicine)
2500 (Treatment)
5000 (Medical Therapy)
6000 (Scientist)
7500 ? (Doctor) <--- you can add this also.

ok, i'll add it too, thx!

I will get you a csv file of my skills.

Some trivial info to add

Two Handed Clubber (Hit)
Main Levels: 2000 (Martial Arts), 3000 (Serendipity), 4000 (Coolness), 5000 (Combat Sense), 7000 (Commando)

Grenadier (Hit)
Main Levels: 1000 (Marksmanship), 3000 (Serendipity), 4000 (Coolness), 5000 (Combat Sense), 7000 (Commando)

Two Handed Clubber (Dmg)
Main Levels: 1800 (Melee Damage Assessment), 3000 (Serendipity), 4500 (Wounding), 8000 (Kill Strike)

Grenadier (Dmg)
Main Levels: 1000 (Marksmanship), 1800 (Ranged Damage Assessment), 3000 (Serendipity), 4500 (Wounding), 8000 (Kill Strike)

Decoy Dispenser
Main Levels: 3000 (Serendipity), 4000 (Coolness), 5000 (Combat Sense)

Professions vs Skills

Skills gained as Captain:
Spacecraft Pilot
Avoidance unlock lvl25
Spacecraft Systems unlock lvl5
Perception
Intelligence
computer
courage
Deep Space Knowledge skill unlock lvl45
Would make sense if there was an unlockable skill at lvl60
UPDATE!!!
Scientis or Quickness does not contribute to Captain.
Only skills not yet tested is: Industrialist and Intuition.
Will remain to see when someone becomes lvl60 and lvl80 Captain.

Tailor:
Its wrong, chipping optimizer show lvl 3434
Actuall level - 33,8882

Material Manufacturer:
Its wrong, chipping optimizer show 3061
Actuall level - 31.3760
You can compare it with the CSV files Im gonna send.

Main Levels: 90 (Weak), 150 (Medium), 250 (Tough) ----- Warning: Influence of Heavy Weapons and space-related skills is unconfirmed

Its now confirmed!
Spacecraft Weaponry 1600 / 1 hp
Spacecraft Pilot 533,3 / 1 hp
Heavy Weapons 1600 / 1 hp

Last edited:
Complete brakedown of Gunner Hit and Dmg professions!!

Gunner (Hit)
Intelligence
Aim
Perception
spacecraft weaponry (aka laser,BLP)
spacecraft systems (unlock lvl5 hit or dmg)
Marksmanship (unlock lvl10)
Deep Space Knowledge (unlock lvl45 hit or dmg)

Gunner (Dmg)
Intelligence
Inflict Ranged Damage
Mechanics (aka anatomy)
spacecraft systems (unlock lvl5 hit or dmg)
Ranged Damage Assessment (unlock lvl18)
serendipity (unlock lvl30)
Deep Space Knowledge (unlock lvl45 hit or dmg)
kill strike (unlock lvl80)

All this skills I have personly confirmed with chipping one chip in each skill.

Things that needs confirmation:

-Does Deep Space Knowledge contribute to HP. Highly unlikely.
-I added Intelligence to both Hit and Dmg, not independenly confirmed, but makes sense of how the skill system is buildt up.
-There seem to be an "missing" Hit skills. Most likely some sort of "Space combat sense" OR "Space Commadno" lvl60, lvl70 or lvl75 Hit profession.

Last edited:
No Deep Space Knowledge doesn't give HP (please add it to skill scanner as a supported skill).

-Does Deep Space Knowledge contribute to HP. Highly unlikely.

Yesterday I noticed the PayPal Donate button on the Skill Scanner and realized it has been way too long since my last donation, so I clicked it and donated.

Thanks to jdegre for making AND maintaining my favorite and most used application besides the client loader ;-)

Just a hint, you might move the button around or change the color a bit, so other people notice it again too and follow my example!

/Slupor

No Deep Space Knowledge doesn't give HP (please add it to skill scanner as a supported skill).

version 0.45 going up to the server, as we speak...
thx for providing screenshots :)

Thanks to jdegre for making AND maintaining my favorite and most used application besides the client loader ;-)

what can i say... :ahh: you almost brought a tear to my eyes... :silly2:
seriously, many thanks for your continuous support, mate.

+ Rep for a bloody brilliant tool... Awesome :yay:

For even a mildly serious player Skill Scanner and Chipping Optimiser are essential.

As mentioned above the achievement is not only creating them but maintaining them for so long.

This game would be childish without them.

+ rep :thumbup:

How to see what a chip-in will get you.

Sorry about the title but now sure how to put a title on this question.
I am about to finish the corna mission and get either of rifle(30ped chip), handgun(31.65) or aim(30 ped). These are not the actual chip but the equiv of a chip. Where can put in the amount of each chip seperatly and find out how it effects all of my skills?
Hope that makes sense.
TIA,

Sorry about the title but now sure how to put a title on this question.
I am about to finish the corna mission and get either of rifle(30ped chip), handgun(31.65) or aim(30 ped). These are not the actual chip but the equiv of a chip. Where can put in the amount of each chip seperatly and find out how it effects all of my skills?
Hope that makes sense.
TIA,

First, work out what each of those chip sizes works out to in actual skill points for you. Personally, I'd do that using Entropedia's Skill Calculator (see small tool at the top of the chart, where you can enter starting skill level, tt chip value, then clik the 'insert' button).

Then, use the Chipping Optimiser site to see how those new skill levels will affect your professions.

First, work out what each of those chip sizes works out to in actual skill points for you. Personally, I'd do that using Entropedia's Skill Calculator (see small tool at the top of the chart, where you can enter starting skill level, tt chip value, then clik the 'insert' button).

Then, use the Chipping Optimiser site to see how those new skill levels will affect your professions.

I thought there was a way to do that by just using the chipping optimiser.

I thought there was a way to do that by just using the chipping optimiser.

Regarding the calculation of the final skill points for a certain mission reward, yes, you can do that with the Chipping Optimizer. Go to the "Calculator" tab and use the first two input boxes. Enter you current skill points in "Initial Skill Level", and the mission reward in the "Skill Implant Size" box, and click the first "Go!" button.

Regarding the calculation of the final skill points for a certain mission reward, yes, you can do that with the Chipping Optimizer. Go to the "Calculator" tab and use the first two input boxes. Enter you current skill points in "Initial Skill Level", and the mission reward in the "Skill Implant Size" box, and click the first "Go!" button.

Will that carry over to all skills that the implant helps. Another words if I do an aim implant will it show the increase in rifle and handgun on the show all skills. Or can I imput the new value and the show all skills to show what other skills are increased? No biggie if not it is still the best tool around and I again thank you for it.

Will that carry over to all skills that the implant helps. Another words if I do an aim implant will it show the increase in rifle and handgun on the show all skills. Or can I imput the new value and the show all skills to show what other skills are increased? No biggie if not it is still the best tool around and I again thank you for it.

no, this "Calculator" tab is only meant to do raw calculations with start and end skill points, regardless of professions.

if i understand correctly what you want to do, it can be done with the optimizer, but it is not really straightforward. you have to do it in several steps. let me try to explain it with an example, with my own skill values. let's take Aim, 30 ped TT, as the misison reward:

- my current Aim is 4930 points so, using the "calculator" tab, 4930 points + 30 ped TT = 5145 points
- now, go to one of the professions in which Aim has an influence, say, Laser Sniper (Hit)
- my current level is 65.18, with the old Aim (4930)
- now, i type the new Aim value (5145) in the Aim box, and i get the new Laser Sniper (Hit) value: 65.26
- now, clear all the check boxes beside each skill, and leave checked only the Aim skill
- type in the Aim skill the old value again, 4930, and type in the "Target Level" box the value calculated before, 6526, and click Go!

and we're done; you will see in the bottom part of the page all the professions (old and new value) affected by the increase of 30 ped TT in Aim.

Thx for a great tool, love it and have used it for a long time but like 6 months back when i bought a new laptop it stoped working for me :/
Print Screen button dont work :( works with all the other EU related tools i tried tho, like ET..
Strange.. anyone else having this problem?
The Laptop is a Samsung RF511 http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/laptops/NP-RF511-S02US
Hate to start my regular computer just to use this great tool..

Back