Chipping out questions

Pupkin

Provider
Society
Berkut Squad
Wasilij Ivanovitch Pupkin
Hi guys !

I have decided that it's time to move on and i'd like to chip out all my skills (yes, sad but true)

I have read some posts here but still have two questions just to be completely sure:

1. Let's say i have an ESI of 14 PEDs. If i chip out 6 PEDs of ESI, i will get the rest of it in PEDs (when the value falls below 10 PED). But i can chip out 14 PEDs and then i would not lose anything - i still can use the full 14 PEds of it, right ?

2. Do i need to chip out the unlocked skills first or can i chip them out in any order ? If i need to chip out unlocks first, is there a table somewhere in which order do i need to chip out ?

Thank you :)

1. Yes, using the full TT of the chip is the best. If you have to leave something on it, then leave at least 12-15TT so its easier to resell.

When you insert the ESI into the implant inserter it will bring up your skill list. To fill the TT of the chip just keep clicking up in skill points until it maxes out.

2. Unlocked skills MUST be chipped out before your professional level falls below the required level for that skil or you will NOT be able to chip it out. A common and costly mistake.

JEHU

Thanks Jehu,

Is therea table anywhere that would show the order of skills to chip out ? SO i can see what to chip out first :)

I forget exactly where it is, but there is a 'chipping optimizer' tool try searching for that. Edit = http://jdegre.net/pe/unlocker.php
p.s. I 'chipped out' around the time I lost my first 1 or 2k USD - I seriously regretted it, cos you get pennys after paying esi tax and you lose everything. Eventually, I wanted to play again, so DON'T DO IT! :)
Boo.

Last edited:
Thanks Jehu,

Is therea table anywhere that would show the order of skills to chip out ? SO i can see what to chip out first :)

Make sure you chip out the unlockable ones in reverse order that you gained them. (eg Combat Sense before Markmanship for example)

I'm wondering if this table of unlockable skills is still valid ?

But once i chip out all unlockables, i can chip out the rest in any order, right? Thanks for the help, guys !

Unlocked skills no longer need to be chipped out first. You can chip them out whenever you like, there is no longer any particular order to chip out. I tried it a couple weeks ago and chipped out some "red" skills without problem.

This change was made on Sept 15 2011, version 12.0.4

Skills and Professions:

You can now extract skill from the profession Scan Technology.
You can now extract unlockable skill also after the main skill is removed.
Fixed issue where you could not use the wormhole mindforce chip.

Thanks lilmoo, this is something i saw in another thread, that's why i was wondering :)

Back