Question: Choice to show Ammo Remaining removed from Options Menu

Show Shots remaining, or Ammo, or both, or either ?

• Only show Shots remaining (no option to choose)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only show Ammo remaining (no option to choose)

• Show BOTH Shots and Ammo (no option to choose)

• Show EITHER Shots or Ammo (with option to choose)

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Gief EFD !

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Status

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
It's not that long ago that the HUD only had the option of showing the remaining ammo for a gun.

Sometime after the VU that changed the tt value of ammo, it was changed, and the default became to show the 'shots remaining' instead, but there was a checkbox in the Options window so players could change that to continue to show 'ammo remaining' instead.

One of the apparently unannounced changes in the last VU was to remove the ability to 'opt out' of this - the check box has been removed from the Options page.

Personally I hate it.

I carry 7 different guns and each uses a different amount of ammo/shot.
With the 'ammo remaining' option, I could see pretty quickly if a hunt was going badly or well.
Now with just 'shots remaining' it's much harder to estimate how a hunt is going (without opening inventory and merging the ammo stacks there to see what's left).

So, what do the rest of you think we should have?

Click "HUD" under options, the checkbox should still be there. ;)

Darn, I dont know how often I looked there .. :ahh:
Did the order of those change or something ?
Are you sure you didn't put that back while I went off shopping just before ? ;)

*sigh* lock the thread pls Hanne, and thanks, cos I was finding it dead frustrating as it was :)

No problem, happens to the best of us! :)
I believe some of the Options were moved around a little under the introduction of Voice Chat, but I don't think they've been changed since.

Anyway, now that's resolved; Ill lock like asked. ;)

Status
Back