Claim expired - am I hosed?

Domina

Guardian
I had a claim on a deposit that was taking too long to mine so I went to an auction to fetch a better extractor... On the way back it said my claim had expired.

Please tell me it's not gone... :eek: :confused: :(

Domina said:
I had a claim on a deposit that was taking too long to mine so I went to an auction to fetch a better extractor... On the way back it said my claim had expired.

Please tell me it's not gone... :eek: :confused: :(

The bad news: Your claim rod is no longer in place.

The good news: If you know the coordinates of the claim and you return and no one else has claimed it, theres a very high chance you'll be able to find it again. (not a garuntee, but a good chance)

FYI: Claims generaly last for 1 hour. so if you need to fetch something, make sure you can be back within that hour. Always come prepared with a well prepared extractor, and I advise carrying a refiner just in case you find so much stuff that it weighs ya down.

Good luck,
Galentin

Galentin said:
The good news: If you know the coordinates of the claim and you return and no one else has claimed it, theres a very high chance you'll be able to find it again. (not a garuntee, but a good chance)

nothing more false

Next time take a good look in your claim deed before you go. On your claim deed must be stated how big your deposit is and how long does it take before it expires. Bigger claims get more time and smaller ones less.
For example yesterday i scored nice global. Size was substantial (from 125-204 PED) with 24h time left before expiring. Smaller claims like tiny, very poor and poor get only 60 minutes to excavate them.

greetings

Kerham said:
nothing more false

how so? I've accidently unequppied scanners before setting the claim rods and always been able to re-find the claim. I mean I admit thats just experience talking and I never said there was a garuntee. but saying theres nothing more false seems to be a bit extreme.

Galentin said:
how so? I've accidently unequppied scanners before setting the claim rods and always been able to re-find the claim. I mean I admit thats just experience talking and I never said there was a garuntee. but saying theres nothing more false seems to be a bit extreme.

u can re-find a claim if u not setting the claim rods. If the claim rods is set and expire u can't re-find the deposit.

Kerham is correct....once a claim has expired, the contents evaporate into the netherworld of Marco's Hard Drives.

you can bomb your ass off and that particular claim will never comeback.

Periond, end of story, have a nice day. :wise:

Dreicc said:
u can re-find a claim if u not setting the claim rods. If the claim rods is set and expire u can't re-find the deposit.

I have to sort of beg to differ on this. I claimed a small belkar once that had two spiders who just decided to get to close and they killed me as I claimed it. I came back did a banzai run and got about 2-3 stones pulled before they killed me again :mad: . Well I had a meeting and had to go so when I returned the next day my claim expired. I went back to same location Thank god the spiders were gone and I bombed the same coords(<-----I think this is what helped me) and got a poor deposit of belkar at the same coords :cool: . I have to be fairly certain this was the rest of my unmined claim. I think thats more likely because usually when ores/enmatters respawn they don't respawn in the same spot well in 24hrs that is. This is the only time I have experienced this in the new VU. This is just my experience for the most part I get all claims extracted and never loose a claim except when you can't mine them (ie in buildings, rocks, etc)

I just did an experiment on this with a VP Oil Claim that I found. When I claimed it I dropped my connection, so I waited just about an hour to log back on. When I did, I watched the claim expire, and reprobed.

Nothing...

I rebombed to be extra sure.

Still nothing...

So if your claim expires you lose the claim and the deposit disappears. I think Sirhc was lucky and got another Belkar deposit in roughly the same place.

Manta said:
I just did an experiment on this with a VP Oil Claim that I found. When I claimed it I dropped my connection, so I waited just about an hour to log back on. When I did, I watched the claim expire, and reprobed.

Nothing...

I rebombed to be extra sure.

Still nothing...

So if your claim expires you lose the claim and the deposit disappears. I think Sirhc was lucky and got another Belkar deposit in roughly the same place.

That might be true only happened to me once. Plus with all the mini updates since that happened it might have changed. I am still wondering if clusters and stacked deposits arent just superfast respawn in the same area. The poor belk I found could have been stacked on the small that expired. + rep for doing the test.

Thanks for the replies. I had placed 4 claims in a line leading up to the big deposit - it was actually the smaller claims that had expired. I finally found the big one - it had almost 3 days left on it. :eek:

As my first try mining, I didn't know the claim actually went into your inventory so you could read it - thanks Bosko.

965 PED in Lysterium stone. :cool: That took absolutely forever...

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Gratz on the big deposit. Thats a definite skill builder :D

hahaha I remember when this came across I htought to myself "965 Ped is an assload of lyst I wouldn't want to mine it"

Gratz

Autoclick that mother and watch the skills add up.

LOL here's another one of those "i don't know what the heck i'm doing mining, but how do i extract my HOF" threads someone was complaining about.

Ah, the great fruit machine that is PE. ;)

When my claim was lost due to a bug (came up as being already claimed by someone else, but no claim rod showed), i rebombed and hit nothing, so i agree that if you "claim" it (or at least try), it's gone once expired.

Back