FYI: CLD returns are 3 MONTHLY averages.

But what if they are at 1700 in half a year, are they still a bad investment? :)

imo yes, the higher the MU rises the less valuable it is to me. (ofc you could flip them for profit and that is what we are seeing now). but @1700 to buy and hold for revenue, would make no sense to me at all.

Assumption: Hunters participating did not hunt their normal mobs during this time, but they had more decay than they normally do.

what an odd assumption. i certainly have less decay in such event, the nature of these group mobs is i get hit far, far less than i do solo hunting. and many dont even bother with armour or healing since the mob hits are insta-death.

Incorrect (at least wrt the info we have been given). CLD payouts is based on the income of Calypso the "planet". You spend 100 PED shooting mobs, 50 PED go straight to MA, 25 PED to Planet Calypso AB (or whatever the company is called), and 25 PED to CLD's.

i know it feels like 0% returns sometimes... :laugh:

imo yes, the higher the MU rises the less valuable it is to me. (ofc you could flip them for profit and that is what we are seeing now). but @1700 to buy and hold for revenue, would make no sense to me at all.

Ofc i was talking about flipping them. The funny part is that people keep telling us that CLD's aren't worth it. And yet up till this point they always were, since they could get resold for a higher price then you bought them for,and on top people get some income.

The value isn't solely based on the weekly payouts.

Off course CLD price may crash tomorrow, but up until this moment CLD have been a good investment to spend some leftover peds in.

Off course CLD price may crash tomorrow, but up until this moment CLD have been a good investment to spend some leftover peds in.

They have been, I was happy with mine. I may still buy back in after the crash :dunce::wise:
but to hold for revenue for weekly playing, the mu is not justified imo.

ONLY if all mobs was no looters .......................:scratch2:
It's stated in no uncertain terms that CLD payout is based on Planet income, not profit. AR (or was it MA somehow?) sold 50% (or in case it was somehow MA, 25%) of the future income from Calypso for 6 million USD. They were that desperate for money.

AFAIK Planet income is generated from decay only. I'm also pretty sure MA just pockets auctions fee's 100% themselves without sharing them with PP's. If you have other information I'm sure we're many that would love to know.

what an odd assumption. i certainly have less decay in such event, the nature of these group mobs is i get hit far, far less than i do solo hunting. and many dont even bother with armour or healing since the mob hits are insta-death.
OK. So your defensive decay dropped from X to almost zero? Nice.

What about offensive decay? Travel expenses back to hunting area (zipping or using vehicle)?

Back