CLD vs Realty Income (O) Dividend Stock

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Hey all been doing videos almost every day, discussion came up in the twitch other day about why CLD is so expensive.

So I did a small comparison to a real world dividend stock, Metaverse has nothin' on this.

Started postin' vids last week got like 80 subscribers to break 100 after only like 10 years of channel.
I'm on a streak!
I do very much appreciate all the comments likes and subs.
Lots of plans for more content and instances.

Really enjoy your content on youtube Forgo. Keep it coming!

Have been watching .. guess i need to smash the subscribe.

Cool video, funny I sold realty to help buy land too. few deeper points missed though, realty or any other decent stock will roughly track inflation to wherever it goes year by year.

Warren buffet and coke are an ideal example.
Had to google some figures but he paid $3 per share on average. Coke shares are now about $65 plus he gets $1.60 per year as a dividend per share, which is 53%+ of his original purchase price.

Cld started in 2012 at $100 and is now $300.
To compare, each CLD will have to reach somewhere near 21,600 ped within the next 23 years.

Does anyone see that happening?
Also stocks are covered under various money laws and are instantly withdraw-ale. The lost 2 months withdrawing should also be factored in. Thats another easy half a % to an investor.

I like cld and the concept. But they are a far cry from a stock. One should not have life savings here

Last edited:
I wouldn't compare CLD to stock for a number of reasons.
First the market cap is very low.
Secondly, it is overrated due to sentimental reasons.
Thirdly, auction fees are relatively large.
Fourth, redraw time is insanely long.
Fifth, information is sketchy at best (user tracked returns for example)
Sixth, MA doesn't guaranty anything (read the EULA)
Seventh, growth is limited (both playerbase growth as ped spend/hour per capita)

So, if you want to invest, invest in RL.
But if you were going to waste the money anyway, CLD is the best thing.

Back