Client crashing while downloading PP content

looks like i will be waiting here on this thread all night.

ive posted a suppotr case asking them to read these threads, fingers crossed guys

:rolleyes:

I believe a nice 1K hof of Tridenite would make up for getting screwed today on first day of treasure hunting.

Looks like I wasted a vacation day today. Should have gone fishing=)

DOnt know if this will help XP but i was having the same prob a few updates ago with Vista...it crashed just before done downloading. All i did was right click the EU icon on desktop and select run as administrator. Even tho I was already logged in as administrator, I still need to do this and it worked. Might not help you guys, but its easy enough to try :)

DOnt know if this will help XP but i was having the same prob a few updates ago with Vista...it crashed just before done downloading. All i did was right click the EU icon on desktop and select run as administrator. Even tho I was already logged in as administrator, I still need to do this and it worked. Might not help you guys, but its easy enough to try :)

tried this..didnt work..starting to piss me off...how many hours has the problem been out there and still no damn fix

this is whats showing up in crash folder..

ExceptionInfo]
ExceptionAddress=4673595
ExceptionCode=-2147483645
Version=12.6.3.97283
RunningTime=00:04:16.078

UsedMemory=400

Scope=

CrashInfo=35 340492869 1572864

Well this is quite the Dilemma. Guess MA doesn't want my cash. OH WELL
here's what I'm getting also in Crash log.

[ExceptionInfo]
ExceptionAddress=4673595
ExceptionCode=-2147483645
Version=12.6.3.97283
RunningTime=00:09:03.203
UsedMemory=393
Scope=
CrashInfo=35 329143106 1572864

LOOKOUT Second Life, Here comes one BLACKHEART

As both of those crash reports mention the same exception 0x80000003 which is an invalid parameter exception at the same address.

So it could be the installer is linked to a dll present on Windows 7 but not XP or atleast not an up to date one.

Have you got an exception in the eventviewer under application, sometimes it will show more information. The faulting module name would be usefull.

In mine I happen to have this on my Windows 7 system

Fault bucket 3008165042, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: ClientLoader.exe
P2: 12.6.3.31747
P3: 6.1.7601.2.1.0
P4:
P5:
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\<insert username here>\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR7D4A.tmp\empty.txt

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 48f4bdbe-a9b4-11e1-bc45-001bfc5c0a2c
Report Status: 0

RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64 is a detection of a memory leak in the clientloader but Win 7 handled it. It might be unrelated to the patching but looking in the eventlog might shed from more light on things.

this is fucking ridiculous..over 5 fucking hours and still no fix

well to be honest i already post on other one. but this one is werid from what i see other ppl post. they didnt mention abt RAM bug issue. I already completed downloads all planets system and etc...

when i log on and i try chat somehow i got freeze and crash then error show up say not enough RAM! WHAT that joke.. I have 6 GB RAM!! it not make sense.. it work fine on other games i wont adjust my system. it must be person error typo on software or program for VU update. so i wait for next vu update to fix this silly bug issue.

also send this RAM/crash issue to support case. still waiting. it took me abt 20 mins completed downloads planets system. so i have no plm with it but error relate to RAM that unheard of....

This become real shame... So many people have ram leak problem with this "patch" and still nothing...
No solution! They do not care , only care for our cash... I think that i will consider further waste of time with this "game" ....

Using Win Xp SP3.

6 download tries of the 343.50mb file.
Client loader closes when the download reaches 94%-96% and when I try to reopen, download starts all over again.

Tried to click the Launch button fast before it goes grey, and close the client loader.
I got to enter username+password and then the same file starts downloading from that screen
(during that time I show as logged on to game and receive PM's I cannot see), at same 95% point I get a out of RAM error.

Uninstall EU + removing all traces I could find of it in registry and start install from scratch Didn't work, same problem.
Tried almost every solution I could find on the forums, like:
Changing/disabling CPU cores, running as administrator, deleting the clientloader and entropia .dmp and .log files etc...
Been wrestling with this for 12hr's and going crazy :eyecrazy: I give up for now.

Last edited:
Did a complete reinstall
Noticed running uninstall left alot behind so I relogged in SafeMode and deleted the rest of the game.
I also ran CCleaner to clean out my Registry entries left behind.
After almost 3 hours, dang, install faulted out with less than 20MB left @ 99%.
Sorry Spike but my Event Viewer in XP does not show any problems today.
This is so messed up.
Goodnight All and I wish you all much success.... AMEN !!!

I had several problems downloading the new update on my XP (SP2) machine.
After the client loader crashed several times within seconds of the DL finishing I managed a workaround.

I started up the Vista machine and downloaded the VU no problems.
Then I changed the Content Folder to a folder on my external harddrive. This is found in the client loader under the Tools Button, and the Folders Tab. Be advised this might take awhile to transfer the Dynamic Content over.
I did the same to the XP machine, and finally (After waiting for it to transfer all the old files again, instead of checking to see if they are already there,,, go figure) I was able to log in using the "external installation".

good luck everyone!

When I first tried to download the latest version I ws having a similar problem...as I did the last time MA updated as well.... client kept crashing while downloading the PP content.

I found that a reboot of my machine helped...but I also noticed that each time the client crashed, the size of the download changed... it appeared to be starting over, but I think it was actualy resuming - regardless, it finaly finished after a couple attempts and I'm in game and treasure hunting my butt off. :)

GL to everyone having install issues.

XZC

PS: I'm running a 64 bit version of Win 7 Pro

Sorry Spike but my Event Viewer in XP does not show any problems today.
This is so messed up.
Goodnight All and I wish you all much success.... AMEN !!!

damn. The only thing else I can think of is if the MS installer is out of date as SP3 only installs 3.1 where as Vista / 7 both a newer version. Microsoft installer 4.5 isn't downloaded through windows update, it has to be done manually but it would explain why people running 7 aren't having an issue but even thats a tenuous link at best.

It won't or shouldn't be a graphics card issue or a directx one as the clientloader nor the patcher should be using them, the only other possible is if there's a debugger installed but thats unlikely.

Last edited:
Maybe it runs fine here on XP because i only have Planet Calypso selected in the client loader download list...

Maybe it runs fine here on XP because i only have Planet Calypso selected in the client loader download list...
nope, all these simple solutions have been already tried.

if the reason is missing or outdated .dll on our machines, it would explain why most Win 7 users can run it but very few Win XP users - some installer might have updated this .dll file on your comp.

if i would know which one, there's thousands of them...

btw I dont know if someone already mentioned it but you can download updates manually from http://dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com/updates/<filename>

that's what people have been asking for - an alternate place to download the files manually.

can't check if this server is up and running atm (because i can't remember the exact file names) but at least MA dns server (ns1.mindark.com) confirms, yes they have this server:
Code:
Name:    cdn1.ilait.se
Addresses:  94.246.96.28, 94.246.96.29
Aliases:  dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com, entropia-universe.ilait-cdn.net

wonderful! :)
now somebody should post the file names (files that were altered during the last update).

Here is a solution posted by -Archangel- (found by his friend): <click>

just spreading good news ;).

Falagor
:bandit:

Last edited:
your fix did not work for me tried difernt values still crashing out

Have you reboot the PC after changing boot.ini ?

It is required or else editing changes won't take effect.

Not all values are allowed in Windows

The value suggested should work on most PCs

How much RAM does your computer have ?

that's what people have been asking for - an alternate place to download the files manually.

can't check if this server is up and running atm (because i can't remember the exact file names) but at least MA dns server (ns1.mindark.com) confirms, yes they have this server:
Code:
Name:    cdn1.ilait.se
Addresses:  94.246.96.28, 94.246.96.29
Aliases:  dlmirror.entropiauniverse.com, entropia-universe.ilait-cdn.net

wonderful! :)
now somebody should post the file names (files that were altered during the last update).

Unfortunatly MA doesn't send the .pak files and downloading the components individually is very hard and puting them back on the right place is very difficult.

Back