Clothes question from non crafter.

Azrael

Prowler
Society
KAOS
Azrael Omega D'Morte
I have some clothes that I'd like to get colored eventualy. I've read an advertisment from a player that will do it, but I have to have the paint first.

1. How can I tell how many cans of paint a piece of clothes will take to do it correct?
2. How can I tell if my clothes can be colored. (I assume anything called uncolored can be).
3. I have pants that have a stripe on the side. Can the stipe be colored, then later the rest of pants? or do they both have to be done at the same time ?
4. can the color be changed later on?
5. can non-crafted clothes be colored? (looted clothes)

Thanks
Az

Azrael said:
I have some clothes that I'd like to get colored eventualy. I've read an advertisment from a player that will do it, but I have to have the paint first.

1. How can I tell how many cans of paint a piece of clothes will take to do it correct?
2. How can I tell if my clothes can be colored. (I assume anything called uncolored can be).
3. I have pants that have a stripe on the side. Can the stipe be colored, then later the rest of pants? or do they both have to be done at the same time ?
4. can the color be changed later on?
5. can non-crafted clothes be colored? (looted clothes)

Thanks
Az

1. You never know how many cans you will use. The usual piece of clothing has 3 fields (some have 1 and some have 2). Each field can be filled with 1-20 cans of one single color. Statistically you will use less paint if you use 20 cans on each try. (Ex: You get more than 200% the success rate with 20 than you get with 10). So, you use 20-60 cans of paint per item per try. Most colorers use several tries before they are perfect. (2-4 atleast). I usually use one try. (Compare ~120-240 cans to my 60.)
2. Buy a colorator in TT. Put the item in colorator and look. Costs only 2 ped for a colorator than decays 1 pec per "shot".
3. All has to be done at the same time. You can bleach items, but you bleach ALL the item's fields at the same time. A piece can only be colored if bleached.
4. See answer 3. Bleaching is usually done for free by colorers (me for example). But it decays 7 pec of the piece of clothing.
5. No.

Check my signature if you eventually want to color anything.

Cheers!

Answered by the Master :wise:

thanks Sarah, yours is the advertisment I was refering too :) So it sounds as though making my beret red or black would just be too costly :/ And my black pants with a red stipe even more so...guess I have to stick to grey for awhile. Somethings wrong when a can of paint cost 100peds or so, but thats life.

Thanks
Az

Back