Clothing Prices

What do you think of the clothing Prices

• Good as Is-Keeps Ubers Looking Better then noobs!

Votes: 65 40.4%
  • Could use more mid level prices So mid lev players have more choice

Votes: 53 32.9%
  • Hate It Good Clothes are to Expensive All clothing should be cheeper!

Votes: 43 26.7%

• Total voters

jdawg

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Dubz
Wanted to know what people think of the clothing prices....
I have been deemed a fashion whore in my past society with an addiction to buying and selling my clothing to keep a fresh look.
What does everyone think of the clothing cost???

Well, since it is completely useless for anything other than looks...way way way too much:)

I personally like them where they are ....with the exception of a few items....ie the new items....shoes, jeans ... and the mark up on old tt clothing???? when are we going to have some shops run by ma again?

Well, since it is completely useless for anything other than looks...way way way too much:)

Completely true.. Only thing i can afford is Exaroclothes :laugh: and if i want some cooler i would have to add several hundred PED.. and im NOT going to deposit to get some clothes :laugh:

As they are useless, this is one class of items that no one can complain about the price :D It's whatever players want to pay for it, be it a single PEC or a million PEDs.

I suspect that some of the new armors were designed more for the potential value of their looks rather than for their effectiveness.

... awaiting for new gold plated guns inlaid with precious stones. I bet they would fly off the shelves :yay: :rolleyes:

hmm

well cant say im in noob orange but I willnot pay 800 peds or 1000 for a master coat ridiculous. So is clothing to expensive yes it is. Same with boot the normal boots are like 30 ped not bad, Queen steileto boots 300 yea oka not me.

As they are useless, this is one class of items that no one can complain about the price :D It's whatever players want to pay for it, be it a single PEC or a million PEDs.
lol good point :)

The prices on clothing are governed by how good they look, how rare they are, and/or how expensive the materials are to craft them. New clothing like the jeans are always sought after at first then the price drops as they become more common. Majority of clothing irl is useless, more so something fashionable. Yet the price generally increases the more useless it is :scratch2:

As a male irl with a female avatar you really just dont understand the complications that arise when it comes to clothing! Luckily ive not found myself saying "Does my arse look big in this" to any of my soc mates yet ;)

As a male irl with a female avatar you really just dont understand the complications that arise when it comes to clothing! Luckily ive not found myself saying "Does my arse look big in this" to any of my soc mates yet ;)

I think I will have to remember that quote for the next Miss Calypso contest. :D

What's wrong with virtual clothes beeing more expensive than IRL clothes? :confused: :silly2: :scratch2:

I think theres a bit jump in the price of clothing, Although i am very happying with my mannels/Sunset shorts/Rancher ive always wanted to bey a Master coat. But every tim i get enough peds together i think to myself. What would you rather have, A master coat or a weeks good hunting?

I think the prices of the higher lvl items could be sorted with the introduction of more Rugaritz

Hmm.

Well tailored clothing follows markettrends. The Master coat beeing a good example, as it follow the markettrends of avalibility of rugaritz, but there is a constant demand for new coats.
But usually, if the clothing takes no "special" ore or anything to make, the prices will go lower and lower from the beginning of a new BP drop, as more people get the BP and the demand isnt that high anymore.
Yet now, with the (L) BPs and rare BP drop the demand might at times go up again as the supply isnt that high.

Looted clothing steadily goes up in price it seems. Not much at all, perhaps a few peds every 6th months. Depends on the rarity of the clothing. Really rare and beautiful clothing (like office set or storm coats and rare shirts) doesnt really have a "set price" like most other, normal, looted clothes do. Pricetag is set when it hits auction. Looted shirts that there only are 2-3 of ingame usually go for quite a high price (500+ up to 1k) but usually just collectors that are buying at those insane prices. So, it really depends on who is on when the auction ends at times ;)

my :twocents:

Oh and my collection probably tells you I dont mind the clothing prices...

Im starting tailoring soon, as I want to make mid level clothes for my society at tt prices :p Ill lose money like that but hey, as long as I enjoy it :p

I think there should be more mid lvl clothes as right now its easy to get out of the OJS... you could get boots, trousers and shirt for 10 peds (my gear :p) but to go above that-well... Its a lot of money. There should be more bps so people have more choice, but not enough that the prices on all the others drop

What's wrong with virtual clothes beeing more expensive than IRL clothes? :confused: :silly2: :scratch2:

Heck, as long as we're talking IRL clothes, even the master coats are cheap in comparison, considering $100 is a bargain for a nice coat. Heck, you can even get a Kevlar bulletproof trenchcoat for $900 ;)

--Dauntain

I think the clothes is TO expensive! i't sucks that clothes cost so much... but as many ppl says: If you r noob u should lay money on Skilling not in clothes!

Where's the who cares, i only ever wear orange option? :dunno:

I think theres a bit jump in the price of clothing, Although i am very happying with my mannels/Sunset shorts/Rancher ive always wanted to bey a Master coat. But every tim i get enough peds together i think to myself. What would you rather have, A master coat or a weeks good hunting?

I think the prices of the higher lvl items could be sorted with the introduction of more Rugaritz

I've got one I've got one :smoke:

But seriously the price is a bit too high on some items, but that's good. It's like the good old ROLEX and SWATCH both show the time but there is a little difference. Success :)

clothes

I do want to look good in game so i buy a lot of clothes or craft some.
Some clothes are like silly expensive but if i want them i dont care if i have to pay much. The jeans i bought cost 900 ped but i just had to get them, they are soooo nice. Yes im a clothesfreak in game as in real life.
But some clothes is not so nice but expensive anyway like lime coat.
I would never ever pay more than like 50 ped for a coat like that.
They dont look so good and the color is bluaaahhh.
And the Cadet pants, wow are they awful or what, and people wants like 100 ped for them, i would not even wear them if i get them for free.
Clothes in game doesnt have to expensive just because they are rare, They really have to look nice for me to buy.

Ahhh!!! Ivery much so agree this last post is great, why is the lime coat so expensive if it doesnt look good why would you pay for it, same in real life I wouldnt buy a Prada hat for 50 bucks if it was ugly ....but if something is just to nice i to must have it ..without looking at the price tag! some times you just gotta do what you gotta do!

just a question
all of you that voted against lowering prices on cloth
do you already have good clothing

just a question

I would guess that at least a few of the people that voted against lowering prices are tailors.

This is perfectly understandable though when you consider that few hunters or miners would vote to reduce the markup they receive on the items they sell to crafters and tailors.

(As a side note, I voted for the middle option. While it would be unrealistic to ask tailors to sell high cost clothes at a loss, it would be nice if MA introduced another series of blueprints with a reasonable crafting cost)

just a question

Well I have voted against and I do have clothes. I'd say that there was a time when you could buy clothes from TT. Like those black pants and white shirts some boots, etc... And as it seems not many people have ever bought these things (there are not many on auction now). So I guess that's why MA decided to remove clothes and leave it to the tailors.

But hey if you're unhappy with orange there are many cheap things on the market. Manell shoes, bomber jackets, basic and urban pattern pants/shirts. So it's like in real life, discount clothes (H&M) and boutiques.

Jus wandering if you are asking this question just because you don't want to spend 700 ped on a coat but really want one? :D Man it's 70 bucks plus they gonna get up in price when Ruga is out. Be good to yourself get one from Freyr or Etopia :)

I think that they are a bit too expensive. Otherway like somebody said it's easy to guess by clothing - it's noob or not:) But there are many pople who starting with some deposit and buying quite nice clothes. ;)

BTW: I would like to buy some nice clotes:)

i have to admit im a 'looted clothes snob' the rarer the better ! ;)

i have to admit im a 'looted clothes snob' the rarer the better ! ;)

i agree looted clothes are awsome i still looking for maze and solar shirt f !!!!:rolleyes: :)

For example storm coat -> THE COOLEST coat in game. and i think its worth this 10k ! i hope in future ill get it cheaper...:)
Masters are also nice but only if you get nice skin ... like sakubama , pluma , atrox.
How about tailored clothes? Hm.....also are good especially this new ones like desert walkers or omegaton sports but the looted ROX !

I personally dont look at clothes as "costing" anything.

Unless you plan on giving your clothes away when you finally leave the game, you never actually spend any money on them, regardless of how much they "cost".

You buy a master coat for 800 ped... 3 years later, you sell it, you dont just give it away. So all you are actually doing is tying up your money not spending it. You can release that money any time you want by selling the clothes. Same with anything else in the game (difference being clothes dont need constant repairing).

The only time clothes cost you anything is if the value goes down, so i avoid buying anything thats new on the market as they always start high and end up cheaper.

Sometimes they go up in value too, so they can also make you money ;0)

I think sometimes people forget about the fact as you sell everything before you leave there is no cost invloved in holding expensive items in this game, only in using decaying items and or value fluctuations.

Even a mod fap doest "cost" anything, it just ties up a shed load of cash the whole time you have it...;)

I dont believe the clothes are too expensive.

If you want basic clothes, you can buy easily basic pattern for tt+2 max in auction.

I regularly do coloured basic clothes and you have perhaps already seen them in auction. Granted, coloured and/or skinned, they are a bit more expensive, but usually, nice looking ones are around tt+5 until 10 (depends colour and amount of fields).

Certainly nothing too expensive, even for someone who plays just for some weeks...

Higher, respective rarer ones are of course way more expensive.

I dont believe the clothes are too expensive.

If you want basic clothes, you can buy easily basic pattern for tt+2 max in auction.

I regularly do coloured basic clothes and you have perhaps already seen them in auction. Granted, coloured and/or skinned, they are a bit more expensive, but usually, nice looking ones are around tt+5 until 10 (depends colour and amount of fields).

Certainly nothing too expensive, even for someone who plays just for some weeks...

Higher, respective rarer ones are of course way more expensive.

You have to believe for it some of them are very expensive trust me ... i know prices from like 3 years almost all looted clothes... some of them are cheap but other are EXPENSIVE ...
And one thing about colored clothes ... if you colored clothes for black :rolleyes: or for dark vine * ? this kinda colors may looks nice but i hate clothes like pink coat or yellow ... :mad: :mad: they so ugly ...! :)
Sometimes i see ppl in darkblue-black coats they looks good :)

And with basic clothes im just normal player ... anyone want be normal player.

Thats my opinion.

You have to believe for it some of them are very expensive trust me ... i know prices from like 3 years almost all looted clothes... some of them are cheap but other are EXPENSIVE ...
And one thing about colored clothes ... if you colored clothes for black :rolleyes: or for dark vine * ? this kinda colors may looks nice but i hate clothes like pink coat or yellow ...

Thats my opinion.

I am quiete happy about my colouring results :) After nearly a year of expensive (and slow!) skilling, the results are now ok, matching is fine too...unfortunately i STILL have not unlocked one. But I do not complain...others have it as tough :p

If something is badly coloured, i throw it into the tt. I refuse to sell anything that is not of a certain quality. Your taste is not the same than their taste :) The clothes i referred to are coloured yellow/orange/blue and, i hope so at least, the combination are usually acceptable.

Hmmm....how about basic pattern, orange/black? ;) The most expensive noobalike clothes ever made...

I am quiete happy about my colouring results :) After nearly a year of expensive (and slow!) skilling, the results are now ok, matching is fine too...unfortunately i STILL have not unlocked one. But I do not complain...others have it as tough :p

If something is badly coloured, i throw it into the tt. I refuse to sell anything that is not of a certain quality. Your taste is not the same than their taste :) The clothes i referred to are coloured yellow/orange/blue and, i hope so at least, the combination are usually acceptable.

Hmmm....how about basic pattern, orange/black? ;) The most expensive noobalike clothes ever made...

Yup orange/black will looks awsome but orange from paint looks similar to noob clothes? How about basic clothes not orange/black but black/orange only when colors will be that good as colonist wear...
Sry for my english i hope you know what i mean... :) :rolleyes:

I always wanted yellow/black basic pants/shirt. So i can do my Kill Bill impressions :)

Coloured clothing can get expensive when you are dealing with the rare colours, but imo worth it as no one (or not many) will have the coloured item you have. Im very very happy with my red sneakers and although its taken a while to gather enough red paint plus the expense i would rather forget :eek:

Like Pinky said the day i dont want them anymore its not like im just going to TT them. I would hope to get what it cost me if not a little more.

Back