Colonists Receive Call for Help From the New Planet Calypso (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)

interesting reading...

Interesting reading... before I read it, i assumed mistakingly that it would announce the date new planets come out, lol.

Interesting reading... before I read it, i assumed mistakingly that it would announce the date new planets come out, lol.

So did I... ;)

Nothing spectacular in that reading really.. nothing that us entropians dont allready know

seeing only 36 people can actually connect and 12 of those can move once inside our odds of getting good sga stuff are quite good. :)

semi joke :)

knew this would come as the mini update yesterday changed the name on desktop icon to Planet Calypso :)

cheers

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Colonists-Receive-Call-for-prnews-3474920066.html?x=0&.v=1 said:
As an exclusive benefit to players who sign on now, Planet Calypso's 'Second Golden Age' has been declared. As the new version is brought fully online, and new and improved features are added, players are being given a chance to find elite items that will never be made public again

When was SGA declared?

Launching the PR campaign now is madness. Everyone who tries out the game right now is going to be seeing a bug-ridden unstable game. Why not put the press release out next month? Doing it now is a waste.

"Colonists will have the ability to directly impact the new world as they can interface directly with the development team should they have any problems. This will help Planet Calypso smoothly implement its new and improved features."

Its official.. we are beta testers.

OMG, Mindark have like a half a year of work till Planet Calypso works how it should... Advertising "Planet Bugs" at this stage is just dumb imho :rolleyes:

When was SGA declared?

The thing is, FPC said on the website they would announce when it was released and implemented. I have not yet seen such a thing. I do not believe the SGA is implented yet, but I do not have any grounds on this.

If anyone knows if it's implemented, please correct me.

The timing of this is quite unfortunate and will probably wind up being an embarrassment to MA/FPC. Imagine the Crysis fans that decide to take the MMO plunge this week to find 10.0 waiting for them.

Crysis indeed.

“Colonists Receive Call for Help From the New Planet Calypso”
I’m confused, can someone clear me on this they ask for our ‘help’ to do what?
I did not really understand…:(

I agree with Oleg.

Maybe after all features are back and bugs ironed out, but to promote now to a new influx of players is madness.:confused:

Good luck retaining any new people that come, maybe i'm wrong but just seems way to soon.

SGA started?

PR campaign started??

And all functions are not yet up????

Ok, this is going to be interesting.

Sucks to those who still can't login ........ :rolleyes:

It is a bit strange putting a press release out now. Especially since no one can raise any "free" peds right now by sweating or gathering stones to fund gameplay...

Launching the PR campaign now is madness. Everyone who tries out the game right now is going to be seeing a bug-ridden unstable game. Why not put the press release out next month? Doing it now is a waste.

To be fair most of what we call bugs is due to it changing from the old system so it apears as a bug to us but for a new player that would just be normal. Also anyone that joins EU knowing that the system has just been updated with a new platform would be foolish to think that there is going to be no bugs and would be realy foolish if they focused on the bugs like you say.

I can only hope that no new players join this forum atm as their view on the game will be influenced by this forum in a realy negative way. So negative that I cant help but feel this forum is what is wrong with Entropia Universe as for me there is nothing wrong with EU other then the small stuff witch realy does not bug me or was expected to happen with the update. Like meny I also strugled with loggin in but still that did not change my outlook on the game. Anyway most will learn what the saying "you reap what you sow" means as a result of this. I do agree that its a bit premature of them to reliese this news but that may be due to the fact that they have to start making up the lost partisipants in the game not that they will be able to do shit without depositing.

Last edited:
To be fair most of what we call bugs is due to it changing from the old system so it apears as a bug to us but for a new player that would just be normal. Also anyone that joins EU knowing that the system has just been updated with a new platform would be foolish to think that there is going to be no bugs and would be realy foolish if they focused on the bugs like you say.

I can only hope that no new players join this forum atm as their view on the game will be influenced by this forum in a realy negative way. So negative that I cant help but feel this forum is what is wrong with Entropia Universe as for me there is nothing wrong with EU other then the small stuff witch realy does not bug me or was expected to happen with the update. Like meny I also strugled with loggin in but still that did not change my outlook on the game. Anyway most will learn what the saying "you reap what you sow" means as a result of this. I do agree that its a bit premature of them to reliese this news but that may be due to the fact that they have to start making up the lost partisipants in the game.

Personally I haven't had many problems due to the update myself. I have lost 1 claim to disappearing and have crased to desktop twice. That's all. So as far as bugs are concerned I haven't really had toruble with them. Admittedly I haven't done any hardcore playing just about 1k bombs/probe drops both planetside and on cnd.

:yay: SGA!!
I just hope it's not finished before I get home from work:D
>crosses fingers<

....Colonists will have the ability to directly impact the new world as they can interface directly with the development team should they have any problems...

..... So.... How's that workin' out for ya? :rofl:

:yay: SGA!!
I just hope it's not finished before I get home from work:D
>crosses fingers<

They did say it was going for a month.

I hope the drops will be over the whole period and not all at once.

Jung

The Second Golden Age will be continuing until Christmas, and boy do we have some surprises for you:yay:

The Second Golden Age will be continuing until Christmas, and boy do we have some surprises for you:yay:

wow nice,
does this mean it's actually started Frank?

FYI: I got a screengrab of this message... (The last time Marco posted a message in the same mood about SGA it disappeared later)

And the question on everybody's mind: Will be continuing... Does that indicate that it has started? If not.. When?

Back