Coloring WTF MA ?

Naithen

Old Alpha
Society
Indy
MA ive been playing since 2003 and i still cant get my clothes colored black? Apparently you need level 69 and an insane amount of cash to get there? Am i wrong to want black? Why would you not make coloring easier?In my mind it increases creativity and demand increases for clothing but maybe im missing something? I dont get it:dunno:

it has been like this for a looooooooong time

Seems to me you haven't really played since 2003.
This is how it's always been.

High requirements open colourer service opportunities to participants.... meaning, some may make cash out of being high lv at that specific profession.

When you are at it I want a ModFap and an Unique Termimator. Please make them cheaper I have 20 PED.

Seems to me you haven't really played since 2003.
This is how it's always been.

High requirements open colourer service opportunities to participants.... meaning, some may make cash out of being high lv at that specific profession.
I cant imagine anyone ever recovering the cost of skilling up to level 69 colorer.Dont forget that in order to color you first need the article to color so you can gain the skill.That means your crafting, buying the item to color or offer to color for free-not so easy when you consider the time involved offering your free service or cost to craft that much clothes .All of that before you even start to color.:eyecrazy: So it seems odd to me why theyve made it so hard to color black or any other interesting shade we could have by now.:scratch2:

When im looking at the thread about Taming where Ma promised stage II for the skilling tamers I see the same thing with coloring .

MA makes up systems with a promise to players :skill up now and the future will be bright,always hanging some sort of carrot infront of the paying customer.

Housing ,Shops,Estates,Taming ,Coloring ,Mining depth,Mindforce,Space and even the last big hype Land deeds .

The BIG MAIN PROBLEM is Ma never gets to stage II in anything! We have all kinds of half messed up systems that never gets any promised development !

I for one think Ma gets an Idea , throws it thru development and never really thinks things over with some chance for developments or any idea what the things implemented will do for the players when they finnally reach the carrot .

TAC

No news here...

Some things are just more rare than others.
If you ever get a black Araneatrox mastercoat, your unique... And very rich. :rolleyes:

Well. Seriously... The black paintcandrop and überlevel needed is a bit too extreme imo.

/Jäger

More stuff on the black market!

You will be happy to know that the MU on black paint has dropped from 1000% to 400%, so colouring black is a whole lot cheaper now. There are a few colourers out there who can do black with or without enhancers

Yes they should lower the cost of texturing and coloring as well as the general TT value of all clothing, creating a higher demand for it (better if 10 people spend 50PED each on clothing than if 1 person spends 200PED right?) since that could also help attract more customers who wants to come here for the social interaction.

Same thing with estates and furniture really - have many 3-4 floor buildings instead of a few really tall buildings so that people can easier enter their apartments. Drop more (and cheaper) furniture and more people may decorate a bit.

You will be happy to know that the MU on black paint has dropped from 1000% to 400%, so colouring black is a whole lot cheaper now. There are a few colourers out there who can do black with or without enhancers

Every1 can apply black or any color with the right amount of enhancers (which is insane high).

as reply to the OP: its not weird to get some clothes black, but it will cost you a lot since no active colorer has that level. There are rumors that sarah... something could color black but I have never seen her in 2 years.
Maybe other ppl can give you more info about it.

Maybe you should check if any other texture comes out looking like black, which ofcourse you like.

Sarah was/is the only person who could do black, but they are never online. I really doubt that anyone will skill up that high since it would cost an insane amount of peds. For me to skill up 5 levels to cornsilk would cost a few 10k peds. So ya, its very expensive to skill up. Sarah was able to get that high lvl cause she skilled in the old system.

Closest colorers to black would be Leeloo and me and we still need 300+ enhancers. So just the enhancer cost would be +1000 peds and you dont get any peds back from them.

It would be nice not to have colors and textures with an insane high lvl. There are so many Calypso textures that are beautiful and impossible to apply.

Enhancers should do the trick. There are some paints/textures which are somwhat highly exclusive but that's how the game is and always was.

It would be nice not to have colors and textures with an insane high lvl. There are so many Calypso textures that are beautiful and impossible to apply.

I think they have at least increased the skin drop rate on some mobs :) so should be a bit easier to actually get the textures to start with

Enhancers should do the trick. There are some paints/textures which are somwhat highly exclusive but that's how the game is and always was.

In my opinion, they need to change that (at least for colors, maybe not as much for textures) as well as making clothing, makeup and stuff cheaper so that more people actually uses it more. This could be a great way to attract a bit more people who enjoy the social aspects of MMOs as well.

the level requirements for painting/texturing relative to the cost of leveling is a sad little joke. with the cost the way it is to max them all should be no higher then level 35 ish. and for such a rare skill to be used... its just not worth skilling you wont see the money back from offering such services.

the level requirements for painting/texturing relative to the cost of leveling is a sad little joke. with the cost the way it is to max them all should be no higher then level 35 ish. and for such a rare skill to be used... its just not worth skilling you wont see the money back from offering such services.

The question, however, is if they should make skilling cheaper/easier or level requirements lower.

I don't know much about coloring/texturing but I heard you get like 90% TT value back if you texture something? So why not require only 10% textures per field?

Planet Arkadia has some great textures that address some of the color gaps on Calypso.
Consider Tiarak Texture as a substitute for black. Its not perfect, but to me it looks more realistic than the "real'' Black color.

The question, however, is if they should make skilling cheaper/easier or level requirements lower.

I don't know much about coloring/texturing but I heard you get like 90% TT value back if you texture something? So why not require only 10% textures per field?

You have to take MU into account. The change you suggested would be a total game changer for high MU colors and textures. I wouldn't change a thing for skilling, tho, since you usually skill with colors and textures that have nearly no MU.

yeah you get the 90% of tt back but the problem is mark up even with wool cloth with its high tt 1-2% adds up fast and as soon as you are outside the SIB range its useless for skill gains. now most paints, skins are much higher in MU, now you have 100% loss with MU and 10% loss of TT, tool decay is not relevant.

at low levels you have orange, wool, and the wood that drops from atrox to skill on, not much to work with, with paint you have to push all the way to green to get back to a cheap MU color. its not hard to loose a few hundred ped to skill from level 0 to 2

something has to change lower level to max or make is cost less.

-lower cost to level screws the people who already pushed past level 10 getting railed in the arse along the way

-lower the level req for paints and textures is more fair to them and people who have yet to level the trade

this is why I would like to see the level req lowered over the cost lowered its more fair to people who paid to level, I am not one of them.

The other side of the coin is that because these paints are so difficult to apply, there is virtually no market for them. So even though they're cool and desirable colors, most hunters just have to TT them.

Colorable storage boxes from the tt FTW!!!

The other side of the coin is that because these paints are so difficult to apply, there is virtually no market for them. So even though they're cool and desirable colors, most hunters just have to TT them.

not sure which colors you are talking about but most of the high level colors do have markup far beyond the point of tt-ing them :scratch2:

Sarah was/is the only person who could do black, but they are never online. I really doubt that anyone will skill up that high since it would cost an insane amount of peds. For me to skill up 5 levels to cornsilk would cost a few 10k peds. So ya, its very expensive to skill up. Sarah was able to get that high lvl cause she skilled in the old system.

Closest colorers to black would be LeeLoo and me and we still need 300+ enhancers. So just the enhancer cost would be +1000 peds and you dont get any peds back from them.

:lolup::lolup::lolup: what she says!!!

but on the other side at least they *did* invent something (Enhancers) to make it possible to use high level paints/textures without having ppl skilled up that high. so its better than before I guess

once upon a time, I hear some even had a imk2

That actually is true, not just a rumour.
I know, because I myself saw one in auction for tt+7k ped once :eyecrazy:

If only we could "craft" the enhancers as we do with other enhancers.

When im looking at the thread about Taming where Ma promised stage II for the skilling tamers I see the same thing with coloring .

MA makes up systems with a promise to players :skill up now and the future will be bright,always hanging some sort of carrot infront of the paying customer.

Housing ,Shops,Estates,Taming ,Coloring ,Mining depth,Mindforce,Space and even the last big hype Land deeds .

The BIG MAIN PROBLEM is Ma never gets to stage II in anything! We have all kinds of half messed up systems that never gets any promised development !

I for one think Ma gets an Idea , throws it thru development and never really thinks things over with some chance for developments or any idea what the things implemented will do for the players when they finnally reach the carrot .

:scratch2:

Sorry, but I fail to see a connection here. Taming is a problem hey can't seem to tackle. Hence it's not re-introduced yet.

Coloring does not have a problem. It's a working system, the only problems are personal ones. I agree, the requirements are high, but imo not to high. Black is exclusive, just accept that fact.

Either find that colorer who can paint it (so far I think only Sarah is skilled enough) or buy a lot of pigment enhancers. Prepare to pay a crazy amount for it or wear another color instead.

No need to change the system here.

Sarah was able to get that high lvl cause she skilled in the old system.

He also bought a lot of skill chips.

And yes, they where expensive then as well. A waste for him to let his avatar just sit there gathering dust. I think he could easily ask 100 ped or more to color a field of black. That's not even 10% of the cost of the paint.

With 2 fields of black that's 20$ per click profit. That makes a nice global :rolleyes:

edit: just checked, sarah's last activity was in 2010
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?19-Sarah

Last edited:
He also bought a lot of skill chips.

And yes, they where expensive then as well. A waste for him to let his avatar just sit there gathering dust. I think he could easily ask 100 ped or more to color a field of black. That's not even 10% of the cost of the paint.

With 2 fields of black that's 20$ per click profit. That makes a nice global :rolleyes:

edit: just checked, sarah's last activity was in 2010
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/member.php?19-Sarah

Thats right 2010 and i doubt anyone else will have the mental fortitude to bother trying now.So your right move along nothing to see here just another example why skilling anything up is a big waist of time.So whats the point of playing again ?

Back