Community Adviser Program

Status
Others that are not a part of the advisor program that are your selling competition are just sitting there spamming and doing nothing else but getting bored,

who says the loot pool isn't rigged to to pay out certain special avatars... yadda yadda yadda... which is completely bad for the community, and rce.

not getting bored hmmm thats more how you do it. I tend to fall asleep behind the computer more then once :D

and special avatars not really we made them just like your with agi 1 and just a given name. So nothing huge there. And I more then once said / asked to Hanne to give me a glowball but nada getting no special treatment. I even dare to say that they switched off loot for me because my loot sucks after the whole annoucement.

I just have a question? What the hell is wrong with you? Stepped on your own foot or something? It's not our fault that you spend thousands of dollars in Entropia whatever we spend as unique avatars is what we chose to loose.

You should recognize the work we do instead of threatening to write support tickets....come on what's the deal with you?

Really this is one of the people that is helping new people :laugh:

Quick to say not your fault someone spend thousands in this game as if it is a bad thing. Are you portraying if I deposit I am choosing to lose? This is all I can really get from this condescending statement.

But you make sure to state that we should recognize you and your work. Have yet to see you recognize anyone else for there helping new people.

You have nothing but a want everything for free and quick attitude to myself. belittle others peoples actions while say you need to be recognized from all for your good doings for society.

KP is one of patientce but please try to remember WE are players just as you and we lose peds also. We also have emotions and can respond as a regular playerl One of the perps we have is that we are NOT FPC but players that help FPC. So we say things FPC cant because we think more of the community then of FPC hence the " Community" part of the name.

We also have our personal disputes ingame and we are no saint just like you.

And really there are newbies that push our buttons and drives us mand. I remeber an wow player that found the trade terminal that hard to use that he rather went to the auction to maybe a karma killer as first gun and went daikba hunting. Needless to say he complained about losing peds and was mad on me.

Quick to say not your fault someone spend thousands in this game as if it is a bad thing. Are you portraying if I deposit I am choosing to lose? This is all I can really get from this condescending statement.

But you make sure to state that we should recognize you and your work. Have yet to see you recognize anyone else for there helping new people.

You have nothing but a want everything for free and quick attitude to myself. belittle others peoples actions while say you need to be recognized from all for your good doings for society.

I wasn't even answering that post to you mate it was to Menace.

But here I go to answer your questions:

1- Loosing cash is a risk we all take in Entropia and we know we can loose it when we spend it. We all have lost cash here right? Whinning about that is not gonna give me back the peds or anyone else. And of course I do deposit in case you think I don't.
2- I do hope people recognize my work of course Im doing something but that doesn't mean that I don't recognize anyone else work. I've never been one to boast about myself...not in the least.
3- I'm not looking fro freebies and I'n DEFINITIVELY NOT belittle'ing other people.

Now as I asked Menace what is the deal with you? Im no attacking anyone just trying to be helpful and provide answers to people in the forum that seeks them.

Why are you guys giving us such a hard time?

But here I go to answer your questions:

1- Loosing cash is a risk we all take in Entropia and we know we can loose it when we spend it. We all have lost cash here right? Whinning about that is not gonna give me back the peds or anyone else. And of course I do deposit in case you think I don't.
2- I do hope people recognize my work of course Im doing something but that doesn't mean that I don't recognize anyone else work. I've never been one to boast about myself...not in the least.
3- I'm not looking fro freebies and I'n DEFINITIVELY NOT belittle'ing other people.

Now as I asked Menace what is the deal with you? Im no attacking anyone just trying to be helpful and provide answers to people in the forum that seeks them.

So we can assume you'll be donating any "freebies"? :D

So we can assume you'll be donating any "freebies"? :D

Well I've donated a lot of things in my EU life and I don't feel I have to list them.

Oh, and by the way... the first new player that opens PM with me stating " The Community Adviser at the gateway told me I could earn free money by sweating or picking up poo... where do I go to get rich?" will initiate my first support case against the community adviser program.

It seems to be a common misconception that guiding is at all similar to mentoring.

90% of the questions that I get on the gateway are related to the controls. How to run instead of walk. How to jump. How to change from first person to third. How to hotkey the gun.

The other ten percent are related to the missions on the gateway itself. Where is Dr Melinda Clark? Where is the veteran? I found one person who was stuck on the gateway for two days looking for the hunting official.

The typical conversation on the gateway consists of one question and one answer. Most often, it is very boring, and thankless as well. But it is rewarding in its own way if that is what you enjoy doing.

Will there be some shiny reward at the end of it? I don't know. It was never discussed. I don't really care either. If there is a certificate that says "I was a Community Adviser, 2010" it would be just as good to me as if there was a set of Shadow Armor. Because let me just put it really simple. If it was about the ped value of a reward, I'd just work a couple hours overtime on my job and deposit the money. It would be a lot less hassle. Just the hours I've spent in the gateway in the last two days would pay 10k ped if I did the same number of hours on my job. I'm sure that by the time the program is complete, I could have gotten a very nice land area for the amount of hours spent. It is sooo not about the reward at the end of the program (if any).

Some people have talked about gaining an unfair advantage by having second avatars on the gateway. I want to say that nothing could be further from the truth. If anything, it puts me at a disadvantage, due to the fact that I now have less hours available on the planet with my normal ava. And while I still consider myself a noob in the game, I have put in some time, money, and effort to develop my ava over the years. I feel that being a Community Adviser is more of a sacrifice than a reward. And that is putting it mildly. When I am logged in as Community Adviser Fishface, I don't have the benefit of all of the attributes, gear, and extensive FL that I've built up over the years. I am limited in what I am allowed to do. There isn't even a TT on the gateway. I'm not allowed to "play" the game with that ava. No sweating, skilling, or even trading is allowed.

Oh, and by the way, even though my main ava is involved with numerous groups/organizations on the planet, such as Atlas Haven Radio, Entropia Tour Agency, etc. I do NOT inform any of the new players of any of the groups or organizations. Even if someone were to ask me specifically. I would refrain. That is not my purpose for going there.

If someone wants to pick apart the Community Adviser Program, I'm sure it is very easy to come up with things that could be done better. I have my fair share of suggestions on how it could be improved, too. I'm also dissatisfied that the Mentor Program has not been reimplemented. I also think that loot sucks. And I want beacons back. But I'm just a player, same as everyone else, and I don't have any control over any of it. I can only do what I can do to help the game. I was given a chance to try to help on the gateway. I agreed. I don't know why I was chosen when another wasn't. I don't see it as saying that I am somehow more valuable. For all I know they looked at the number of hours I spend in the game (over 4k hours per year) and that was the deciding factor. It doesn't make me any better than any other player. Maybe I was just in the right place at the right time. I don't know. I don't care.

It seems the thread has gone in a bad direction. FPC is making an effort to try to compensate the absence of the mentoring system, but some of the posters see it as a bad thing. Marco clearly stated that the CRA will be handed in different events if that aching you, personally I see it as good armor with a green envy color, so why smash all the guides who are helping?

You can still help. I help and don't want recognition, sometimes I get a PM from a random noob I haven't seen in months/years and it makes me smile. I helped some noobs some became traders, a guy looted MA 104 UL, joined successful societies and became happy colonists; but most of them quit even thou I retain a small % thats good for all of us. All of this because I gave them less than $3 in equipment at camp or so. I don't want recognition for it because its the correct thing to do and I do it randomly.

If you weren't chosen please help newbies don't stop doing it. Now we have two "filters" before colonists reach PA, the gateway and the guides. I don't see what's wrong with that. Really when I began in 2005 things were a lot harder but I had good friends, soc & mentor. The scene from that point has changed now the colonists have lots of info before getting in PA and in a year or so we will get back mentoring so I really don't understand the smashing.

It seems to be a common misconception that guiding is at all similar to mentoring.

-90% of the questions that I get on the gateway are related to the controls. How to run instead of walk. How to jump. How to change from first person to third. How to hotkey the gun.

The other ten percent are related to the missions on the gateway itself. Where is Dr Melinda Clark?

-Just the hours I've spent in the gateway in the last two days would pay 10k ped if I did the same number of hours on my job. I'm sure that by the time the program is complete, I could have gotten a very nice land area for the amount of hours spent. It is sooo not about the reward at the end of the program (if any).

Fish summed it up pretty well. Please read this if you are still angry and flaming.

As for the original staffing of guides (the first generation): I've had this disussion before, but it summed out as, not all of the 18 or so people who were guides were hanging out at the NAZ. There were a few dedicated
If you weren't elected into first or second generation, you got ... nothing. Practically, if you weren't in first group of guides, your chance of getting into the second group of guides was almost none.

well explain to me then why others where added to the second guide program and some left. and why the thrid program has atleast three new faces ?

just stand at PA do your stuff and get noticed by FPC how hard is it :D

and memance you are a nice guy trying to be tough. But really give us some credit first thing I always say is dont come into this game to become richin a week. But seeing ppl invest into this game buying landareas and becoming a full member of this community is cool. Actually one of your soc members I also saw grow in this community so we cant be that bad right ? And support case use ? for what jealousy ?

well explain to me then why others where added to the second guide program and some left. and why the thrid program has atleast three new faces ?

Who was added to second guide program?

Who are the three new faces to this program (who wasn't on the first)? (Besides Stave) Problem here is that we don't know who is in it.

Who are the three new faces to this program (who wasn't on the first)? (Besides Stave) Problem here is that we don't know who is in it.

I've got bad memory but we were a lot at first then some didn't want to go on or just wouldn't have the time so they were not on the 2nd. For the 3rd others joined. Not giving names I don't want em to be flame broiled. FPC should release the names soon I guess anyway.

And that's the whole issue!

How were the guides chosen? And why would it not be in FPC's best interest to share the job to other enthusiastic individuals?

Hanne? Please explain :wise:

If you weren't chosen please help newbies don't stop doing it.

me and Chosen .. hahaha ( but miracles happens sometimes)

and imagine ... a newbie ask you for some help ...
will you help him ???
or say no i cant help i wasnt chosen to help you. Please go to PA and find some of comunity advisors or guides

anyway GL for those who will have this fun

And that's the whole issue!

How were the guides chosen? And why would it not be in FPC's best interest to share the job to other enthusiastic individuals?

Hanne? Please explain :wise:

second program was downsized ( lot of guodes stopped and the nax crew kinda remained) but saw one new faces. during the second program 2 guides quit because they want more game time. Who they are I let them do their own revealing.

same goesw for the third program. Can you believe some just want to help and not get a flame thread like this on their mind ? I can. I choose to share it will you as I am not afraid that ppl will crictism me. As long as their are newbies that need help I will help. Thats why I even came back to EU nothing more.

And why not more ? we already have most timezones covered. I choose not to compete in the tutorial contest as I 1. dont have enough time to write. 2. Believe other deserve a chance also.

BTW there are a lot of event I cant join where FPC picks ppl. I sometimes feelbit down then but heck such is life unfortantly.

second btw. Aia we where listed at http://www.planetcalypso.com/guides/ if you click deutsch it still maybe was gthere. There was never a secret FPC posted everything and might do it know also. I remember saying this ingame also to you when you asked who had the guide marber to tier it.

Last edited:

just stand at PA do your stuff and get noticed by FPC how hard is it :D

and memance you are a nice guy trying to be tough. But really give us some credit first thing I always say is dont come into this game to become richin a week. But seeing ppl invest into this game buying landareas and becoming a full member of this community is cool. Actually one of your soc members I also saw grow in this community so we cant be that bad right ? And support case use ? for what jealousy ?

Well, I guess you didn't read my post then at all. This however isn't your fault as it's evident I should have written it in your first language (though I'm not sure which part of the RL world you're from).
Anywho, I gave ya's credit... you chose not to see it. Secondly.... WTF am I to be jealous about? During the initial "Guide program" I decided to kill some time helping new people and it took me a total of 6 hours to undue the damage the guide(s) that day had done with 3 new arrivals. They were all messed up and clueless no thanks to this AWESOME guide program! Past explaining how to open up chat, the guide program is pretty much useless. You's get your free gifts in exchange for B.S.'ing the noobies into thinking this is such a great place.... to the point where they're right stupid when they hit the "real world".

And ANY of my SOC members whom you saw "GROW" in the community was thanks to the community they've found amongst our SOC thank you! As we take the one on one time new players need to be instructed on the economy, game dynamics, and cultures of EU.

By the way... KP... class act right there buddy! Hanne, I really think you do a GREAT job... but epic fail calling this clown back to duty.

Menace

Menace. that you found newbies that where doing it wrong or you think they where giving misinformation can you pm who it was then. I spend hours during mentoring correcting other mentors. Also in guiding I had countless discussions where but where given misinformation like buy a maddox IV as newbie gun.

During the guide program we also had RL like work so we cant man everything 24/7 so ppl slip through I can say that every guide starts with this sentence " hello welcome to calypso prss enter to chat" most run away thinking w where NPC or wont listen whatsoever.

You generalize us and say that we are BSing and will support case us. Well dont you think that is complete rubbish? we do our best and you think we just do it for a gift. Please .

I invite you to come stand next to us and I proof you wrong

After reading that post that Menace wrote, it sorta seems to me that he was not writing that post to you either ;).

Many and mostly all have repeatedly posted, They do not have an issue with the Guides, just the system. So why do you continue to take everything as a personal attack? Loosen up, relax, drink a beer, and stop being so defensive :lolup:

Well, I guess you didn't read my post then at all. This however isn't your fault as it's evident I should have written it in your first language (though I'm not sure which part of the RL world you're from).
Anywho, I gave ya's credit... you chose not to see it. Secondly.... WTF am I to be jealous about? During the initial "Guide program" I decided to kill some time helping new people and it took me a total of 6 hours to undue the damage the guide(s) that day had done with 3 new arrivals. They were all messed up and clueless no thanks to this AWESOME guide program! Past explaining how to open up chat, the guide program is pretty much useless. You's get your free gifts in exchange for B.S.'ing the noobies into thinking this is such a great place.... to the point where they're right stupid when they hit the "real world".

And ANY of my SOC members whom you saw "GROW" in the community was thanks to the community they've found amongst our SOC thank you! As we take the one on one time new players need to be instructed on the economy, game dynamics, and cultures of EU.

By the way... KP... class act right there buddy! Hanne, I really think you do a GREAT job... but epic fail calling this clown back to duty.

Menace

It is really nice to see there is a expert on the forum.

Lets ask Hanne if she can make you the only guide, it seems your the only one who knows how it should be.

However, if you make a mistake we all file a support case of course.

With kind regards,
Ion

Holy crap! You people are so GOOD at being guides you can't even understand ENGLISH! Poor Westerners that log in are just screwed I guess! READ THE RED LETTERS..... "AGAINST THE ADVISER PROGRAM" Not the community advisers themselves..... FFS Hanne where did you find these people?

Get your heads outta your asses! You're not as great and wonderful as you all think you are and in reality you don't do anymore than anyone else in the community who helps out.

......will initiate my first support case against the community adviser program.

Menace

And to the individual up there who posted above me.... if I for once thought that the guide program was a good idea I would have PM'd Hanne and asked if I could get involved. However.... as I stated... IT SUCKS. I will mentor successfully again when mentoring is brought back thank you!

Menace

You amuse me :D

Kind regards,
Ion

You amuse me :D

Kind regards,
Ion

Yeah well someone voices an opinion on either the guide program or the way FPC delegates it's guides and the guides themselves damn near go nuclear as they start throwing up their defenses, when what they should be doing is guiding and letting Hanne answer the questions and respond to comments. So then someone like me comes into the thread calling a spade "a spade" because he's sick of the "We're guides, we're special" attitude and not only do the guides end up in an outrage.... the stupid people do too....

Menace

- REP's due to this thread = 1

+ REP's due to this thread = Another gold bar before the end of the day :)

Holy crap! You people are so GOOD at being guides you can't even understand ENGLISH! Poor Westerners that log in are just screwed I guess! READ THE RED LETTERS..... "AGAINST THE ADVISER PROGRAM" Not the community advisers themselves..... FFS Hanne where did you find these people?

Get your heads outta your asses! You're not as great and wonderful as you all think you are and in reality you don't do anymore than anyone else in the community who helps out.

Psst those players you dont want to mentoin because you redirect your arrows at the program. WE ARE THE PROGRAM !!!. What makes you allmighty too judge us ? About my poor english. One it aint my first language. 2. I was typing on my phone because some ****** was judging my entire program as something bad and my fingers are fat so I made some typo's .( this while doing my reallife job also) :)

Srry but you dropped so much in my respect.

Yeah well someone voices an opinion on either the guide program or the way FPC delegates it's guides and the guides themselves damn near go nuclear as they start throwing up their defenses, when what they should be doing is guiding and letting Hanne answer the questions and respond to comments. So then someone like me comes into the thread calling a spade "a spade" because he's sick of the "We're guides, we're special" attitude and not only do the guides end up in an outrage.... the stupid people do too....

If someone wants to pick apart the Community Adviser Program, I'm sure it is very easy to come up with things that could be done better. I have my fair share of suggestions on how it could be improved, too. I'm also dissatisfied that the Mentor Program has not been reimplemented. I also think that loot sucks. And I want beacons back. But I'm just a player, same as everyone else, and I don't have any control over any of it. I can only do what I can do to help the game. I was given a chance to try to help on the gateway. I agreed. I don't know why I was chosen when another wasn't. I don't see it as saying that I am somehow more valuable. For all I know they looked at the number of hours I spend in the game (over 4k hours per year) and that was the deciding factor. It doesn't make me any better than any other player. Maybe I was just in the right place at the right time. I don't know. I don't care.

Srry but you dropped so much in my respect.

That's cool. I lost respect for you when the armor was handed out, and when the community questioned it you went off the handle much like you're doing in this thread.

Other than that.... feel free to hunt me down in a PVP zone somewhere if you have any more problems with me. ;)

Menace

By the way... I got 3 NEG reps... all are from guides (or past guides), yet enough PLUS reps from the rest of the community to not only balance out the three NEG reps... BUT... give me that third gold bar! So what does that tell you all? (Ok, I know, that's just asking to get neg rep'd back down a bar but hey.... I'm just making a point here)

That's cool. I lost respect for you when the armor was handed out, and when the community questioned it you went off the handle much like you're doing in this thread.

Other than that.... feel free to hunt me down in a PVP zone somewhere if you have any more problems with me. ;)

Menace

By the way... I got 3 NEG reps... all are from guides (or past guides), yet enough PLUS reps from the rest of the community to not only balance out the three NEG reps... BUT... give me that third gold bar! So what does that tell you all? (Ok, I know, that's just asking to get neg rep'd back down a bar but hey.... I'm just making a point here)

Did you then guided 6-8months non-stop ? Did you guided while laying in the hostipal. Did you guided and helped newbies well being harassed by somebody that wants to force you out of the game ?

I rather keep thinking why the fuck i even bother with this. Does the community not want new players then ? Please PM me then because then I will stop this nonsense because I am done with it. I do my fucking best to help newbies and all I get is shit here and there.

I wont guide newbies to a community that just likes to hate my ass then.

Did you then guided 6-8months non-stop ? Did you guided while laying in the hostipal. Did you guided and helped newbies well being harassed by somebody that wants to force you out of the game ?

I rather keep thinking why the fuck i even bother with this. Does the community not want new players then ? Please PM me then because then I will stop this nonsense because I am done with it. I do my fucking best to help newbies and all I get is shit here and there.

If you must know I've got about 2 years and probably around 4k U.S. devoted to helping new players during my time here on Calypso. Whether I'm guiding basic commands (which by the way I've spent countless hours pre guide program helping new comers at the NAZ) Or taking 11 newer players on a TP run, outfitting them all with Opalo's and ammo and letting them keep their loot so that I can teach them about auction, private trade, and MU's, I've done my time. So don't compare your 6-8 months of guiding to the rest of the community's YEARS of guiding. IMO there are thousands of avatars who have done ALOT more than me for the new players.... I have no desire to do more then I'm currently doing.... But seeings you asked.... I answered. Any more questions regarding my game play will be answered in PVP thank you.

by the way.... just tone down the holier than thou attitude and quit being so defensive about everything. These posts aren't directed at your guiding abilities.... you can do the job just fine.... they're directed at what I believe to be a poor program AND the attitude on these forums that many of the guides/past guides display when they're supposed to be REPRESENTING the community.

Menace

I wont guide newbies to a community that just likes to hate my ass then.
And these folks are advisors?... :eyecrazy:

Please PM me then because then I will stop this nonsense because I am done with it. I do my fucking best to help newbies and all I get is shit here and there.
I don't think the problem is you or the advisors, it's the way the program was set up... and You and Menace have made the issue a bit personal and about you... a small trap you seem to have fallen for. If you can't keep calm, cool, and collected about the few posts in this thread, HOW THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO STAY CALM, COOL, AND COLLECTED WHEN HOUNDED BY A BUNCH OF N00BS AT THE GATE? What "morals" is this sort of place you've moved to ethically in this thread showing the community? What advice is there in that Mr. Advisor?

Status
Back