Community effort to spawn/kill Hussk (ended in no loot)

Community effort to spawn Hussk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status

3-J

Prowler
Benevolent 3J Afterdark
As all parts have already dropped I'm surprised no one has taken the initiative yet to spawn this monstrosity.

I came up with this idea the other day, but wanted to wait until MM results were in.

Here is the plan: Since this thing is going to cost a ton to not only spawn, but kill (1.95mil hp and 2500 hp reg/sec). Why don't we spread the costs over many people, since its definitely going to take a ton of people to kill. This would not only lower any individual costs to the guys who think they can solo or 12-man kill it (since this thing could very well be a no looter) but it would give all those interested a fair chance at it. So everyone who wishes to participate in the slaying, chips in x amount of PED each, which is given to a 'volunteer well-reputable coordinator' who then purchases all parts and gives exact date/time to everyone who chipped in, to meet and kill the beast. Just to be clear i do not want to be that coordinator, i just wanted to make the thread and get the idea flowin' :wise:

Here are costs involved:

Sweat 500k x 2.5/k = 1250ped Owner 250k: Few Scars

Raging Daikiba Bull blood sample: Owner: Few Scars, 1000ped?
Gosubusaki blood sample: Owner? 1000ped?
Traeskeron Matriarch blood sample: Owner? 1000ped?
Sand King blood sample: Owner: Hijacker27, BBpunisher 1000ped?

Totally guessing at 1k per sample, but it sounds about right to me for something that has never been done before.

5250ped total spawn cost.

Now, what it would take to kill is not certain, but going on the released stats of 1.95mil hp with 2500hp/sec regen we would probably need to do close to 5000dmg/sec to kill it in any decent amount of time. Going on apis+beast dmg/sec of 52dmg/sec it would take 96 people using apis+beast to reach 5000dmg/sec. Lets make it 100 for easy numbers and allowing some variance in dmg/sec.

5250ped spawn cost / 100 people = 52.5ped contributed each to spawn the beast. This is a very manageable number.

Coordinator: [who wants it?]

Confirmed Contributors:

1. Michael 3J Sanders

Is this idea worth pursuing or not? Vote, and if i get 100 yes's that you will contribute, and someone offering to be the coordinator, I will continue this list and get things moving :)

If people like the idea, we would also need the owners of the samples, and sweat, to step forward and offer confirmed prices for the sale of those items.

Spawn date place and time would be negotiable, but most likely during prime time on a Saturday so most people would be able to make it, if you cant make prime time on the upcoming couple Saturdays then don't vote for yes.

If you cannot use apis+beast OR a similar OR a larger weapon OR you will be unable to contribute 100% to the shooting/killing (it will take a lot of ammo/gun decay) please don't vote yes. This does not mean you won't be able to contribute in the slaying... I just don't want 100 opallo users to vote yes and then we show up and fail. :scratch2:

Poll options:

~Yes this is a great idea, and I can contribute 100%~
- Select this is you like this idea, and you can contribute x amount of ped (52.5ped for now, unknown for sure until we get actual blood sample/sweat prices), and can commit to killing with apis+beast or similar or better for the entire duration of the beasts several minutes long lifespan.

~Yes this is a great idea, but I cannot commit 100%~
- Select this if you like the idea, but can't commit 100% for whatever reason...

~This idea sucks, I would never contribute... I'd rather try killing it solo~
- Select this if you intend on your ego doing 5000dmg/sec

~Give me EFD~
- Select this if you don't give a shit either way and want EFD.

After writing all of this i realized that 5250ped really isn't that much, and it might just be way easier for someone rich to spawn it and then everyone meet there Saturday at prime time to kill =P i dunno we'll see what the reaction is.

Last edited:
Sweat 100k x 2.5/k = 250ped

It is 500k sweat if I remember correctly :)

As for the Hussk stats, Kim also said it has multiple attacks, and that one of those is an area effect one that does 95% of current health as damage.

And I think the Hussk area may be PvP? :scratch2:

thx, i changed that... in pvp that would be utter chaos.

hmm, I wont vote yet, I can use Apis+beast, I can afford the cost.. I cant decide if I want to at this time lol.

Very good idea indeed, reason being is. a few ppl are now in the process or acquiring the pieces. But the thing is if they get all the stuff needed & people show up. Who's going to be left out, the summoner? That don't sit or sound right to me if ubers come in and take the swirls from the how you've put it the co-ordinator. This is a community mob boss so the community should all chip in something whether its ped or extra 37 dps to try help dmg the beast.

In short, don't let one person sacrifice himself for the cause of many, let many be sacrificial.

I've been trying to gather the parts for the past few weeks now, but resellers have the daikiba blood samples, and I haven't heard from JimmyB what he's doing with his traeskeron blood samples. I have the Sand King sample and know someone with Gosubusaki sample.

So yes, this was a similar idea for me, but my plan was to buy the parts first.. then figure out a way to get them paid for :D

just a thought: why not have Kim|MindArk as the unbiased coordinator, his ava will be under the watchfull eye of mindark so he couldn't try anything funny, like i dunno, runoff with over 4.5k peds worth of hussk spawning materials... also im sure kim would be thrilled to take part and watch the fun :D

I have the other Sand King Blood Sample fyi....Good luck all :)

runoff with over 4.5k peds worth of hussk spawning materials...

That would be hilarious though :laugh:

"Alright guys, margaritas on the beach tonight!" :beerchug:
"Kim what the f*ck!" :eyecrazy:

Hmm actually it would be interesting to have a developer as the "spawner" :scratch2:

well... major issues are a) need the materials and b) need enough firepower to kill it

without those all this is pointless, so i will just let this simmer for a week or so and then see where we're at :smoke:

Oh by the way, I assume everyone who agrees to help would need to have finished the vaccine mission chain to be able to enter middle island?

Oh by the way, I assume everyone who agrees to help would need to have finished the vaccine mission chain to be able to enter middle island?

Not while the island is still bugged and anyone can go there..

yep that too, this could take awhile.

That could be hard because if I am informed correctly (what not might be the case) you have to do the mission "Kill the Aetherex on the mountains" first which seems to be bugged. Aetherex killed on the designated mountains don't make the kill count of the mission go up.

At the same time this solves the problem:

Not while the island is still bugged and anyone can go there..

just a thought: why not have Kim|MindArk as the unbiased coordinator, his ava will be under the watchfull eye of mindark so he couldn't try anything funny, like i dunno, runoff with over 4.5k peds worth of hussk spawning materials... also im sure kim would be thrilled to take part and watch the fun :D

I actually like the idea to involve Kim, Personally i've no problem if he handles the role of a coordinator....

Poll seems to be missing an option:

I would do it with people I trust (not solo since I'm 99% sure it wouldnt be possible) to ensure a fair distribution of cost and loot. Rather than some unfair random distribution.

Hey,

I voted yes. I dunno if it's ever gonna happen like this, but i would really really love to see that monstrosity.

As i said in the other threads, if anyone is trying to spawn/kill it and needs another 95ish dps, who is willing to pay for part of the spawning costs and can keep his mouth shut about the time... contact me ;P.

Regards
Thark

One problem is, one guy from a society pays his __ ped, then when it comes time for the Hussk to spawn 30 of his friends and society members show up also.

yeah, that could be a problem.

But i can't do more than giving my word/promising i won't tell. I could give a "colleteral" but then i'd have to trust to get it back, and that would make the organisation much more challenging. :)

How big is the hussk compared to any other mob in game? Just curious. Same size as sand king? Double sand king?

Trying to get an idea of what it will take.

How big is the hussk compared to any other mob in game? Just curious. Same size as sand king? Double sand king?

Trying to get an idea of what it will take.

Its double sand king with added regeneration :D

How exactly is the Hussk spawned?

I know obviously since it hasn't been spawned yet that it's hard to answer, but how will you get your group to the Hussk spawn point since teams can only be 12 people? (that's right isn't? teams can only be 12 people?)

Let's say you and your group of about 100 go to the Hussk spawn and 500 other players are there as well!

The more I think about it, the more it seems like it's going to be a clusterfuck of a headache for anyone who tries to coordinate this thing. :(

Firstly, please translate this... "Spawn date place and time would be most likely during prime time on a Saturday." ... into MA day and time, so that people from all parts of the planet can figure out if they are awake at that time. Your Saturday may well be my Sunday. :scratch2:

Secondly, because it's PVP and there are lots of assholes in EU how can the trustworthy/honourable participants be protected from assholes? :scratch2:

Last edited:
If we really could get the community fired up and working together on this plan and there was some sort of guarantee that some idiots (in the team or not in the team) wont start killing participants just to receive a worthless PVP kill streak HOF and that the big gun ubers won't come in at the last minute and kill steal then I would give this project 100% commitment... Waiting for more details/discussion. :wtg:

Like it is designed now, I would not take part or spend a PED on it.

Those of you which have done the sandking several times are knowing what a crowd is needed for that. And now imagine this sandking event will take place in a PvP environment..... Many, many, many ppl will die by *friendly" fire, caused of lag or uncoordinated shooting. Now add some Idiots that are always present in such an environment looking for a killing spree and you'll have a perfect chaos. Also it was stated in a post that the revival will be far away and no TP-Chip or Vehicle will work, so if you are dead, you have to make your way by feet from far way, possible throug a bunch of Malc, Formi Queens etc. etc. etc.

You can say: if you are dead once, event is over for majority of ppl that can not handle those mobs (or cannot handle them quick enough for returning before event is over).

Normaly I don't care spending PEDs for stupid actions sometimes, just for the fun, but that one has to much chances to be only a "few seconds event" for many ppl and I dont think I'll have much fun when made the way back trough a bunch of high end mobs just to be killed again after few seconds.

This Hussk can really be an event that will bring much fun to many ppl, but the Design of this event needs a rework before it really will be fun for much of us. Like it is now, it only will bring up anger and frustration to the majority of mid-level players that are needed to bring down the beast.

:twocents:

I would only join (and pay) if the mission was triggered by a top 10 soc, and the time of the spawning wasn't made public. If it is organized by a load of people on the forum, i would show up and shoot the hussk from a safe distance, and leech like the hundreds of other green dots. Or i would contribute to someones pk ATH.

I think however that most top socs are afraid to take the risk of the hussk being a no looter. Which is understandable from one point, from the other point it's kinda sad since taking risks in the past is what made them the top socs of today.

I think Danton makes some good points, I had not realised the complete geographic and logistical layout of the Hussk spawn area, revival location, no TP or vehicle use and uber mobs to wade through to get back to the fight.

I must say that Kims fanatical obsession with making every new thing/area PVP enabled is getting beyond the joke and pisses me off.

Let me lay it out straight and simple for you Kim... The MAJORITY of players DO NOT enjoy or care to participate in PVP. It's no fun to be killed by assholes when all we want to do is participate in an awesome event. :wise:

Like it is designed now, I would not take part or spend a PED on it.

Those of you which have done the sandking several times are knowing what a crowd is needed for that. And now imagine this sandking event will take place in a PvP environment..... Many, many, many ppl will die by *friendly" fire, caused of lag or uncoordinated shooting. Now add some Idiots that are always present in such an environment looking for a killing spree and you'll have a perfect chaos. Also it was stated in a post that the revival will be far away and no TP-Chip or Vehicle will work, so if you are dead, you have to make your way by feet from far way, possible throug a bunch of Malc, Formi Queens etc. etc. etc.
You can say: if you are dead once, event is over for majority of ppl that can not handle those mobs (or cannot handle them quick enough for returning before event is over).

Normaly I don't care spending PEDs for stupid actions sometimes, just for the fun, but that one has to much chances to be only a "few seconds event" for many ppl and I dont think I'll have much fun when made the way back trough a bunch of high end mobs just to be killed again after few seconds.

This Hussk can really be an event that will bring much fun to many ppl, but the Design of this event needs a rework before it really will be fun for much of us. Like it is now, it only will bring up anger and frustration to the majority of mid-level players that are needed to bring down the beast.

:twocents:

I do not think anyone needs to run back alone, there will be a steady stream of people running back who can help each other to kill the creatures on the way back.

Status
Back