ComPet Behind The Game: Backstory

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher

[h=2]ComPet: Behind The Game[/h][h=3]#2 Backstory[/h]The action of ComPet takes place in a magical land where pets are not just 'pets'. They have awesome magical powers and incredible physical abilities.
Your uncle - Lord Atherton - lives in this strange place. He’s called you to a meeting but was very vague about the reason. Something about taking a job and the fact he wasn’t getting any younger.
You knock on the door of his study and enter, curious to know more…

compet2.jpg
LORD ATHERTON:
“Welcome, welcome! Good to see you! How’s my favourite relative eh?

Glad you’re taking over. To be honest I’m getting a bit too old for things, you understand. Time to leave it all to the youngsters!”

[You stare at him, totally surprised]

“You want to know a bit more about the job? Of course!

It was jolly marvellous being a wealthy Lord and a man of leisure. A nice paper in the morning. Fine dining. Brandy and smoking jackets in the evening. A fine leather armchair and dozing by the fire.

The other Lords and I used to go out hunting and fishing together. It was capital!

But after a while it all became rather...dull.

We needed a new challenge, you see. Something to liven things up a bit. Perhaps a little competition...

Naturally, as Lords of considerable estates we had stables full of pets. And then we thought ‘that’s it, by jove! Why not compete with our animals?’ ComPet, we called it.

And then we thought, while we’re at it, why not up the stakes a little? A little wager here and there...

Well, naturally it soon got out of hand. Some of us even started sending our pets to attack our opponents’ estates would you believe! Of course, it wasn’t me who started it...
Or perhaps it was. I forget now...

At any rate, as my estates manager and animal trainer I expect you to train my animals and use them to defend my holdings. And more than that, I expect you to win!

You’ll need perseverance and cunning to succeed. Those Lords are a devious lot!

So there you go.

Good luck with it all! I’m sure you’ll give ‘em a damn good thrashing!

Now, where did I put that Brandy…?”

You walk out of your uncle’s study in a daze. Taking over? Becoming his estates manager and animal trainer? You’re sure he didn’t mention any of this before! What is the crazy old man thinking? Well, you’re unemployed so perhaps this is just what you need, but maybe you should go back in and ask abo—

You suddenly notice that a smiling young woman with a clipboard is standing right in front of you.

compet3.jpg
OLIVIA:
“So your Lord Atherton’s nephew/niece? Pleased to meet you. I’m Olivia, Lord Atherton’s assistant.

I must say I’m so glad to see you! It’s been a tad hectic around here after Lord Atherton retired. I’ve had to manage everything on my own. But now you’re here!

How did it get to this stage, I suppose you’re wondering?

I suppose it started out as a mere trifle, an amusement amongst the local Lords. A bit like cards or dominos, you might say.

Recently though, the game has gotten rather...dangerous.

I hope you’ll forgive me for saying so, but Lord Atherton was always the ringleader in the group! He egged them on, no doubt about it. ‘Higher stakes, more fun’ was his motto! Before anyone knew what was happening whole estates were being destroyed in ComPet!

And here we are. Mustn’t complain though! This is a grand estate: the Athertons have been here for generations. Did you know your great grandfather once invented The Flying Gurglestroople? What a brilliant mind!

Anyway, now we’ve gotten acquainted let’s get down to business…”

It seems you’re on this adventure, whether you like it or not!

After a moment of thought, you decide you like it.

Originally Posted Here

Time to buy ComPet Deeds, sounds like it will be Pokémon meets Game of War, and that game makes a killing in profits.

Time to buy ComPet Deeds, sounds like it will be Pokémon meets Game of War, and that game makes a killing in profits.

I'm buying but there are CLD to buy and now mayham easter strongboxes, thank god AUD are sold cose my credit card is overheating. Trying to get to 666 CLD with mcdonald salary is hard. 666 compets will be easy.

BTW ComPet backstory is almost as good as DOOM story

Who ever decided it should be called a magical land needs to be fired. I couldn't read the rest after that.

I'm buying but there are CLD to buy and now mayham easter strongboxes, thank god AUD are sold cose my credit card is overheating. Trying to get to 666 CLD with mcdonald salary is hard. 666 compets will be easy.

BTW ComPet backstory is almost as good as DOOM story

666 CLD at $100 each is $66600 so I'm not surprised you've finding it hard on McD salary.
At 1800 peds each that = $119880

666 compets will still set you back $6660 @ $10 each.

Not to mention your credit card interest bill.

Anyway it's bank holiday tomorrow in the UK and Sweden, does that mean no Compet beta over Easter?

Rick

Personally I'm more interested in the forward story than the back story, especially the functions, mechanics and potential longevity of ComPet. For longevity you will almost certainly need customer retention. Barnum got people interested with "a little something for everybody", but I think a quote of mine is also important:
Lose all customers here and there and the whole thing won't be going anywhere!

So, anything relevant to that in this backstory?
Before anyone knew what was happening whole estates were being destroyed in ComPet!

Well, I know there are virtual worlds where all your hard work and money can be destroyed by others, but I was hoping it wouldn't be so here. Not good - let's hope it is not an indication!

Edit: and that final line might be fine amongst positive, confident people, but here it is just calling out for people to finish the sentence their own way:

After a moment of thought, you decide you like it. OR?
After a moment of thought, you decide .....

Last edited:
A story like doom is perfect for the compet game. Too many words to read cause only confusion and maybe the average internet user attention spawn is not long enough anymore to click the download button after a wall of text, so its all good. :smoke:

Can anyone post short version in few worlds about story and what is the point?
Is there any other avatar except those two on pic or is game without avatars and just pets?

Is there any other avatar except those two on pic or is game without avatars and just pets?

Distant relative wants you to leave you his fortune and his underground dog fighting ring.

And then we thought, while we’re at it, why not up the stakes a little? A little wager here and there...

Wager implies gambling. So it's official now?

Why would anyone think ComPet will draw new players? Does anyone outside of current EU players know of Compet?

If MA could figure a way to make their current game like blackjack and give a 98% payout they would be doing well.

(...)
You knock on the door of his study and enter, curious to know more…
(...)
[You stare at him, totally surprised]
(...)
You walk out of your uncle’s study in a daze.
(...)
You suddenly notice that a smiling young woman with a clipboard is standing right in front of you.
(...)
After a moment of thought, you decide you like it.

Sounds like a BBS-era MUD. NTTIAWWT. :cool:

The other day spawns were changed. They were increased. Too much, and now they were reduced and too small.

Dustkeep Maff's are no longer worth hunting the spawn is so low. Same all over.

MA does not seem to be able to control their own programs. Not with loot and not even with spawns.

If they could, loot would be at 98% but they can't. This is what it is, the truth.

MA wants your depo.

Are you running any of this past a focus group or even a random 30 people in the street to get feedback / changes?

I think its very important.

I wouldn't buy a 2nd hand car from Lord Atherton and I doubt I'd look after his pet. Looks like a cad.

Is closed beta for compets running, if so anyone was invited to test the system? I think on the way it was said that everyone who has compet deeds will be testing it or I mixed up something ?

Is closed beta for compets running, if so anyone was invited to test the system? I think on the way it was said that everyone who has compet deeds will be testing it or I mixed up something ?

No that´s how I interpret it aswell mate, however I´ve not recieved an invite yet...

who cares about the story in a game for mobiles, as long as the mechanics are good I will play it (and likely even if they aren't)

Beta better be with tuesday patch...

Why should beta have any relation to EU? Seems strange?

Connection with EU should be trough Ped Flow Center where compet deeds owners will probably get their monthly income.
Alpha stage should start in April, players will get invitation by e-mail.
Beta (same as EU - we can consider it as work in progress) is announced and will be available from May 10 2016, 10.00 UTC.

Maybe MR. President will get his first homework to do after 10. May - ie why (if) compet game was postponed.

Last edited:
Back